It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assemble Ghosthunters! I need your help. There's a big possibly 'haunted' house my parents are to

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

This is true, it is old, not well taken care of for a while, and it looks like a lot of water damage and staining.
Old plaster falls off in pretty straight forward sounding noises. I know it, lived in a place that was falling apart from the inside out. You could hear the plaster fall when you bumped certain walls.

There is always that possibility until it is ruled out or trumped by some sort of "paranormal" anomaly.

Always good to keep the feet on the ground when the head goes in the clouds!

The creepy vibe thing though has me wondering.

And you are right, those floors look awesome!

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Ok this one interesting thread to be sure. Beautiful house by the way but........as a builder and century home restorer with 35 years experience I noticed some serious issues while goindg through the pics. Primarily mold, cracked and crumbling plaster, peeling paint all of which are indicative of a high level of moisture. There is also a lot of different building materials which all contract and expand at varying rates.There are also no curtains on the windows which is a clue to at least some of the noises as the sunlight shining through the windows will heat these materials causing expansion. Hence the high activity in the morning. A simple test is were the sounds coming from areas of the home where direct sunlight was coming through the windows, something to think about on your next investigation. Also as autumnwitch pointed out you have a typical hot water heating system, is the system drained or still charged every system of this type is noisy regardless of it's age. Once again expansion and contraction due to fluctuations in temperature.

Ok that was the investigator in me but don't be discouraged I myself am a believer as I have had experiences that cannot be rationalised away. So that said carry on with your investigations and happy hunting. Keep us updated and I truly hope you find your answer.
edit on 7/11/2014 by Kukri because: fixed most of the typos

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Yes I think it is Oak, they're pretty nice, we have it in my house too. I've been thinking about all logical and rational reasons based on what I know so far but it still doesn't add up somehow. It is not stuff falling down, some of the bangs were too well timed and synchronized. I can't be rodents either unless they juice on bullshark testosterone and mutate into rhinos. It's too loud. Like scary loud even if you weren't looking out for noises like I was. Also why always in the morning before 12.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Kukri

Thanks for bringing those things up that is something I definitely need to investigate during my next stay.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Goblin
Okay so to put this out first. I am an atheist who does not believe in anything paranormal. Same goes for my family including grand parents, cousins etc.

Okay to set the scene this up on Dartmoor which has millions of ghost stories and paranormal folklore surrounding it. Nothing I could find specifically for this certain house though. The "possibly haunted" house in question is empty, has been for maybe a year now or just over. This house is pretty big, it's empty so no furniture really or anything. My Mother uses the downstairs living room to store linen, towels, bed sheets and that sort of thing for the holiday homes that surround this big house. The house is pretty old and was built around early 1900's. When the family that lived here were still around weird things started to happen.

Creepy happenings:
My mum sometimes goes upstairs for glassware stored in one room and these things have happened to her... For example weird photo's from the 70's appearing on the floor, a 1970's yoyo and a couple of exercise books appear out of no where in one of the rooms.
When the house has been completely empty and my mum was cleaning she put a small toy on the window ledge, when shes came back into the room it has been removed and can't be found. No windows open or any explainable way it could of been removed.
Playing cards have been found in the floor board sides so they stick up out the ground. Mum had put away the cards in their box only a few minutes before this was discovered by her and the grounds keeper.
Lights have been turned on when my mum is in a room.
In one of the rooms there has been a mass swarm of flies but no signs of a dead animal. Just in that rooms not the house.
A recent pair of guests in one of the holiday cottages came into the big house but said they didn't ant to go upstairs because it didn't feel right.

At this point my thinks not much of it and doesn't assume it's anything paranormal. Those things happened a while ago. However over the last month maybe things are happening regularly. My Mother and Father are the only people who go into that house now as nobody else needs to. Very regularly, mainly morning time my mum is saying very loud and distinct footsteps are happening upstairs, she has also heard walking and what sounded like something being dragged along the floor after the footseps. She has also heard very loud bangs. Really loud like someone pounding the floor with a fist. My dad has been hearing noises to although he doesn't go in as much as my mum. A couple of days ago my mum was talking with guests at the holiday home about some of the noises shes heard and they went downstairs but refused to go up.
My mum has closed all the upstairs doors, however upon going back up they have all been opened again. No windows to cause a draft either.

Even I admit this is all pretty strange. This is only happening in the morning time (usually). Tomorrow I am going there with a video camera and voice recorder thing to see if I experience anything. I come to you for advice. I don't believe at this point but I'm not close minded. What should I be looking out for, any signs, how should I approach it type of thing. My mum is pretty freaked out and coming from a background of not believing in things it's pretty strange for it to get this far getting my mum spooked. We did a Ouija board at uni to scare my flatmate. I could bring a bring that Ouija board to the house tomorrow as I think I kept it. I will bring my nun chucks too in case it is a tramp hiding out. But I just want to know what would active people on the ATS paranormal board do in my situation.

Thank you.

What you describe seem to match the symptoms of a haunting. Most likely an intelligent haunting, my guess would be a small child, since you mention toys and playing card missing or being misplaced. Whoever it is, seem to be to be attracted to your mom, since alot of activity occurs around her. Which even reinforces my theory it might be the spirit of a small child. I would not commend using a Ouija board, as it could attract other less friendly spirits or even demonic entities. There is a thread on the Paranormal Forum I started that maybe some help to help get rid of this casper, but it could just piss it off and the activity will escalate. The thread is called How to cleanse your home of negative energies.

You mention you and your family isn't very religious, depending on the willpower of this spirit. You might want to call in a priest/shaman/holy man instead to perform the ritual. But remember, in the end it might be someone like your mom or family members who really have to be one who helps passes this spirit on.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
First of all you can be as atheist as you like - Demons and God Exist. If they didn't - you would not be experiencing a poltergeist right now.

Secondly, its happened to me in my own little council house in south wales not long ago and I cleansed the house by myself with nothing but my faith in God and the fact that I trust in him to protect me and my family. I blessed some oil and anointed each doorway with a cross.

Thirdly, There is no place in life for witchcraft. Ouija boards, Tarot cards, clairvoyancy etc all falls under this category and It is a sin in the bible teachings. This is not the way to sort this out, It will antagonaise and make things worse for you. These things in my experience feed off fear too and like winding you up and can be very frightening if you let it. You have to trust in God to protect you as God all Mighty is the highest and the Satan fears God.

If you are witnessing evil with your own eyes, you do not need to capture proof, you know what you have expereieced. How can you then disbelieve God? You need to maybe rethink.

You can get Holy water from a church font, but Faith in God requires no tools. It took me a whie to have strong faith, so maybe get a professional in to cleanse at this time, but I fear that without faith these things can come back.

I will tell you that this thing started for me before my faith developed and it came into my home after visiting clairvoyant at a local village hall. Something came through to me claiming to be my granddad and told me that I had just moved into my house and still had boxes packed, and that I had lost something - which turned out to be my Bible! It ended up in my mum in laws house - she didn't know she had it and I don't remember giving it to her. She is catholic and she gave me the bible in the first place. Things got worse - missing items that ended up in weird places, things thrown across the room at me, voices, weird ghostly figures that shift shapes in my bedroom at night, my 11 year old saw a very tall man holding what looked like a bible (described like a sort of monk looking man in a robe) in her bedroom. I had to put an end to it. It was driving me mad - but I had to work against my fear and with faith in God I am no longer scared and thankfully I think it got the message and left.

Sorry for the long message but Im sure God would want me to try and protect you, as he did with me.

Good luck and I hope you make the right choice.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ImLisaFromEarth

I just wanted to add that just because "spirits" exist, or seem to exist, it doesn't mean that one, or any, of the different ideas/dogmas about them are correct... or partially correct, even.

I had something break and throw a cross that had been hung on the wall... was it a demon or just some lost soul who was upset that all the dogma he'd been fed about the afterlife was wrong?

As I learned more, I sure think it was the latter case... but I don't know for sure because we are in an information poor situation in these matters.

Not that I think faith is worthless... it is a lovely and powerful thing... and I'm all for the good guys... and whatever makes someone happy is usually a good thing... it's just that spirits existing doesn't necessarily mean religious ideas are correct.

I think there are deep, surprising things about our life on this Earth... and no one book or creed has all the answers. But to each their own.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
So if you don't believe in ghosts then why would you ask for help from someone who knows about the paranormal? So instead of giving you the paranormal explanation, I will just say that there is some very sneaky person living in your house. That, or those experiencing things are imagining the entire thing. Sounds pretty far-fetched right? But those are the staple arguments of non-believers when it comes to the paranormal. If you want the "paranormal" solution, you should find a medium. Not someone who claims to be "psychic," as such a thing doesn't really exist. A true medium is a person who picks up more information than most other people. And they do not get the full story much of the time either, just depending on their sensitivity. But they will be able to tell you more about what you are dealing with, as well as recommend a course of action. But if you don't believe in any of that then I don't know what to tell you. Perhaps this situation will serve to expand your world-view.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Goblin

Interesting! It seems like there is some kind of "spirit" living there. Whether it's evil... I don't know. Do you sense evil or do you feel like it's just "creepy" There's a big difference between evil and creepy i'd say. I've been creeped out by what i deemed to be nice spirits.

I say this because my aunt owned a big manor house. The oldest rooms dated back to the 13th century (The oldest house in Yorkshire, UK) It was a beauty! But it was most certainly haunted... You felt welcome though, almost like a giant hug as you entered the house. It had an old priest hole and used to house monks. Doors would open if you closed them at night. Things would go flying off the table. Footsteps were ALWAYS heard. It was a bit creepy - but not in an evil way.

I'd say be cautious. I know people don't always believe in spirits. And I understand why - i don't fully understand it. But i'd say there's something to it and perhaps the house has a past. Have you looked up the history of the house (if possible) and you can gauge the type of people or "things" that happened there.

Keep us updated! But don't assume it's always evil

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I'm posting again because my posts were at the Devils number - Call me superstitious but...

hope you don't mind.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Really interested to see how this progresses - stay safe and good luck!

DS

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
heres the most convincing ghost video I've seen in a while.

MUST SEE!

www.youtube.com...
edit on 16-7-2014 by Eagleyedobserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
i ve also experienced 2 hunted houses, 1 is my fathers, 1 room specifically is so cold, that my father is using it as a refrigerator! He adds food in there, cake, cans and its like a fridge! When I was a little I was sleeping in that room and seen something's in house.

The other house, I got paid by someone who bought a huge mansion, to reconstruct it as a yoga place/school. The mansion was HUGE.... 5 floors (2 underground, 1 ground and 2 upper floors) with green room, internal pool, many lofts, etc. When I visited with my camera the lofts, while all doors and windows are all closed and stick with nails(?), the doors start open and close... In a point the elevator door start opening very slowly, wooden small door (Elevator for dirty cloths or breakfast to the ground level for the stuff), with a creepy sound like the one bellow @15 seconds and after...

After the elevator door opened, very very slowly, i felt Ive being watched... Then it shut off very quickly.

I saw nothing, but my hair, head, body felt a kind of electricity, electrostatic in my hair, I got freaked out and run outside, didnt finished the photo session. Also his cooworker a lady that supposed to teach yoga in there, had the same feeling and now the mansion is for sale, never happened to be a yoga. This is the last picture I took from it, its that room, in the left side, while I was holding my camera, is the little elevator door. But it was all of the lofts, that the doors had a kind of... problem to open and close.
i.imgur.com...

This house is for sale, for more than 4-5 years (?), even the sign "for sale" is rusty...
edit on 17-7-2014 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
hows things going?

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join