It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assemble Ghosthunters! I need your help. There's a big possibly 'haunted' house my parents are to

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

That's some pretty creepy occurrences. I couldn't really trust my emotions to guess the history of a room as I can get mood swings pretty often haha, plus I feel kind of nervous about this. But hopefully I experience something. If not I will be back another day to investigate. My mum thinks that if it is a spirit or energy of whatever kind it is spreading. She said things have started happening in one of the holiday cottages too. She found squashed bugs. pressed till blood was smeared on the beds and she had to remove the pillow case and re wash them and only she had access to the cottage when this happened on fresh bedding. There have also been footsteps heard in the cottage too. I have spent a day in there though and found nothing, neither have any guests. It's very rare for her to report anything about the cottages though. I'll stick to the big house for now. Thanks for your reply, gives me some more things to be looking out for.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Goblin

Glad to help, and good idea on the laptop. Those are extremely useful during investigations as well. There are programs you can get that help list and describe evidence as it occurs for record keeping.

However, a spreadsheet can work just as well, though it doesn't have the prompts that accompany the programs.

I would tell you the program names if I could remember them, but it's been a while since I've used them.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Don't be nervous. Your family owns that house, you have just as much right if not more to be there than any sort of spirit. If you want reactions, be kind, do not provoke, and ask and allow whatever to expose itself in whatever way it can.

If it wants to, it will let you know it is there, if it is there.

Just don't force things, and if it starts to go badly, walk out, but realize this is YOUR place,
so whatever is there, should be respectful of the owners or face eviction.
It would be aware of that already, so kindness may go a lot farther than anything else.

A few other things to keep an eye/feeling out for:

Moving air masses
Spirit Knocks (Those are very cool when they happen)
Feelings of dread or serious anxiety
(if that happens, see it for what it is and leave. Something that is negative will cause these emotional responses)
Moving shadows
A cobweb feeling while walking through rooms or hallways
(I actually compare it more to static electricity feeling on a tv screen)
Having a hot or cold spot suddenly appear on your skin while asking questions
(examine to make sure you are not being scratched or bitten, I got scratched at the palmer house, as did 2 other males I was with)
Thoughts that are not yours. Spirit contact can happen this way as well, if this happens, it is in direct communication with your conscious mind. You may actually get a medium experience this way.
Seeing orbs, actually seeing them, not just pictures.
(although you will get orb photos from haunts, they are often dismissed as dust,which is a shame as I have a few photos I know were spirits that I fondly refer to as "dustballs" when I show them lol )

Most of all, ENJOY the experience, no matter what happens, even if nothing happens. This is your little investigation, it should be fun, and maybe enlightening in some way. Don't get discouraged, no matter what.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The house in like a vally sort of at the bottom. At the top about a mile or two up at the top of the hill is a big popular tor a woman recently committed suicide by jumping off and taking her baby child with her. Mum has had weird experiences way before the lady committed suicide but the ladys suicide adds some history to the place and if paranormal may be a reason for the recent pickup in activity this month. it's a bit far but who knows... It's the second closest house to where the incident happened
edit on 10/7/14 by Blue Goblin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71

Don't be nervous. Your family owns that house, you have just as much right if not more to be there than any sort of spirit. If you want reactions, be kind, do not provoke, and ask and allow whatever to expose itself in whatever way it can.

If it wants to, it will let you know it is there, if it is there.

Just don't force things, and if it starts to go badly, walk out, but realize this is YOUR place,
so whatever is there, should be respectful of the owners or face eviction.
It would be aware of that already, so kindness may go a lot farther than anything else.

A few other things to keep an eye/feeling out for:

Moving air masses
Spirit Knocks (Those are very cool when they happen)
Feelings of dread or serious anxiety
(if that happens, see it for what it is and leave. Something that is negative will cause these emotional responses)
Moving shadows
A cobweb feeling while walking through rooms or hallways
(I actually compare it more to static electricity feeling on a tv screen)
Having a hot or cold spot suddenly appear on your skin while asking questions
(examine to make sure you are not being scratched or bitten, I got scratched at the palmer house, as did 2 other males I was with)
Thoughts that are not yours. Spirit contact can happen this way as well, if this happens, it is in direct communication with your conscious mind. You may actually get a medium experience this way.
Seeing orbs, actually seeing them, not just pictures.
(although you will get orb photos from haunts, they are often dismissed as dust,which is a shame as I have a few photos I know were spirits that I fondly refer to as "dustballs" when I show them lol )

Most of all, ENJOY the experience, no matter what happens, even if nothing happens. This is your little investigation, it should be fun, and maybe enlightening in some way. Don't get discouraged, no matter what.

Thanks I am sort of looking forward to it! I will make a list of all these things to look out for it's a big help. It's strange to hear someone suggest an entity is friendly, kind of cool haha. I will keep tabs on all those things if I experience them

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Not everything that walks on the other side is negative.

(I shouldn't really call it that, because the other side, once a spirit gets there, is not the same place as where a haunting resides)

But the idea is that things that are caught in the realm of "ghosts" are in an in between place. I once had a very good friend of mine who died come to me in a dream, and she explained that she was staying in her house while she waiting to move on. It was a period of reflection, and you may just have someone who enjoyed the house, using it as their place, before they go someplace "better" as I was told.
edit on 10-7-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: spoonbender
leave the Ouiji @ home
baby steps...

I would take digital recorders
video & audio

look & listen...
bring back for
upload & discussion

good luck

I agree with 'spoonbender'...record, photograph...but NO Ouija!
edit on 10-7-2014 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

seems like you're taking it as a joke? you won't get far with that attitude and the laugh will be on you.

do not do this alone, it doesn't just happen in horror films i learnt the hard way, been doing evp for years. repeating the Lord's Prayer usually does the trick if its something not too nice. what i would do first is just leave a voice recorder running and a video recorder running through the night and day and find out if anything is there, could be harmless and just trying to get you're attention, could be a kid, more to the point, it could be anything. just listen and see if you hear anything on voice recorder and if you feel comfortable then speak to it but again not alone.

download wavepad, i find its the easiest, all you need to do is upload the voice recording to comp and using wavepad just amplify it a couple of times (set the 'amplify' to 400). be interested to know what you find.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Don't be so dramatic. Most people know that it's just a game. Some people who believe in that kind of thing are afraid of the Ouija board. That to me is just plain old silly. a reply to: FlyersFan

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: slippeddisc

seems like you're taking it as a joke? you won't get far with that attitude and the laugh will be on you.

do not do this alone, it doesn't just happen in horror films i learnt the hard way, been doing evp for years. repeating the Lord's Prayer usually does the trick if its something not too nice. what i would do first is just leave a voice recorder running and a video recorder running through the night and day and find out if anything is there, could be harmless and just trying to get you're attention, could be a kid, more to the point, it could be anything. just listen and see if you hear anything on voice recorder and if you feel comfortable then speak to it but again not alone.

download wavepad, i find its the easiest, all you need to do is upload the voice recording to comp and using wavepad just amplify it a couple of times (set the 'amplify' to 400). be interested to know what you find.

I'm not taking it as a joke, I'm pretty nervous, however I won't let that stop taking a light hearted approach once I'm sure it's not a squatter. Yeah I'm not 100% convinced its anything paranormal but I'm open to my mind being changed tomorrow too. But thanks for the advice I will do that once I have recordings. I'm going to put salt on the floor too in the room with foot steps too to see if anything happens.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
Don't be so dramatic. Most people know that it's just a game. Some people who believe in that kind of thing are afraid of the Ouija board. That to me is just plain old silly. a reply to: FlyersFan

I want to go about it methodically like someone who's into investigations would do. Despite how I feel about it. Quija board does seem a bt overboard and commercialized though though.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

i didn't mean to bite your head off, its just when you said about it could be a nazi ghost.

i prob shouldn't say this as it might give you ideas, but, i had a friend who's been doing the ouija board for 40 years, he used a silver cross on the board and sometimes his hand went to the cross and knocked it off the board, he said it meant either it wasn't religious or wasn't nice. but don't go experimenting with cross's just yet !!!!

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Respectfully.

Application of logic ..." Occams Razor" " the most likely, simple, mundane reasons for these " occurrences " will soon provide answers.

Of course, you can always believe what you want to believe....it is far more interesting !

Especially if your ego is being massaged by the crackpots who come on here.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Forget the salt and holy water, thats no fun. Live a little

Leave it an offering of a pigs heart and a pint of blood to show it you are its servant and will carry out its will

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   
UPDATE 1

Just arrived and did a quick video tour of the house. Nothing unusual really. My left leg felt a bit tingly when I went in Berties old room when he used to live here but it may just because I'm wearing shorts. Will update again in 30.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   

UPDATE 2

My Phillips voice recorder is broken and not working. However I heard banging and noises and what sounded like a sniff. I have these recorded on my video camera and will post them later amplified. I'm not sure what to think it's only me and mum in the house and we are sitting here together. She said they were quiet noises compared to what she has heard... :/

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Just got spooked and left the house, my mum just left the house and drove off, as soon as she did I heard someone bang on the upstairs window about six times then footsteps along the hallway above me.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Someone reply please I want to talk to someone help calm me. I don't know whats going on in here :S

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Goblin

I don't know where I'd get enough sage as it is a pretty big house and grounds. I can bring salt though so I will do that. I'd probably need a lot of holy water too so i don't think I'd be able to do that tomorrow. I will leave the board at home if everyone really thinks thats a bad idea. Thanks for the tips though! If things persist I guess I will have to try sage and holy water. Where do I get holy water though?

You can locate holy water in a Catholic and Eastern Orthodox Church, most are open during hours of daylight. If not then knock on the presbytery door and ask for access into the church. Normally it is found near the front of the church, in a container in which you can transfer into your own container. If you can't find it ask the priest or a parishioner - I am sure they will assist you. If there is non available the please do not hesitate to ask the priest to bless some water.

At a later date if you no longer need the Holy water, because it is a sacramental, meaning "sacred sign which bear(s) a resemblance to the sacraments" disposal needs to be respectful and should be returned back to the church for disposal down the Sacrarium.

If you are comfortable in saying Simple Prayers such as Hail Mary, followed by the Eternal Rest prayer and then requesting that the human soul leaves in Jesus name should suffice for a human soul to leave - said humbly. Use the Holy water in each room as a blessing, using the above simple prayers afterwards.

Please tread carefully, don't allow a perception of a 'child' deceive you or your family. Do not interact with it at any level. Please be extremely vigilant in matters of extraordinary phenomena.

If events continue to occur at an alarming new level, then there is a possibility that it is diabolical in nature. If it is diabolical then you will require assistance from a priest. This may be the case by what you described in your introduction.

Please don't be heroic by dealing with the diabolical on your own. Resist the powerful draw of a curiosity that can have devastating results for you and your family. All that matters is that you do not want this invisible stranger to be welcome in the home and work environment.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Goblin
Someone reply please I want to talk to someone help calm me. I don't know whats going on in here :S

Happy to talk.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join