It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assemble Ghosthunters! I need your help. There's a big possibly 'haunted' house my parents are to

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos
Flies tend to generate a negative reaction no matter how they're found.

Most people tend to jump to the "demonic" conclusion when they hear of flies in one room (the Lord of the Flies, aka Beelzebub, anyone?).
However, there could easily be a dead animal in the walls, floor or somewhere that isn't immediately obvious to the home owners. As well as other items like rotting food, or detritus.

If it was my home, I'd keep a weather eye out, but I wouldn't automatically assume anything malevolent was afoot.

The house is empty, no one living in it at this point. The floor boards are easy to remove so there was nothing under them, no food, no flies in the rooms on the other side of the wall. Could be just a nest though i don't know how they breed or anything.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71
a reply to: Blue Goblin

Find someone with an Xbox 360 or Xbox one with a kinect camera and set it up in the room you think is most likely to get you some results. The camera will pick something up if you are lucky.

I am kind of playing with this myself. First time I tried it, it worked...or maybe it was a glitch.. lol
But the trial run in my living room, after requesting someone to appear got results.

I've never heard of anyone actually trying that with an Xbox. It's intriguing.
That was from Paranormal Activity 2, wasn't it?

I'd be interested in hearing of any other findings from experimenting with it, since I don't have an Xbox, myself.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Find someone with an Xbox 360 or Xbox one with a kinect camera and set it up in the room you think is most likely to get you some results. The camera will pick something up if you are lucky.

I am kind of playing with this myself. First time I tried it, it worked...or maybe it was a glitch.. lol
But the trial run in my living room, after requesting someone to appear got results.

I've never heard of anyone actually trying that with an Xbox. It's intriguing.
That was from Paranormal Activity 2, wasn't it?

I'd be interested in hearing of any other findings from experimenting with it, since I don't have an Xbox, myself.

me neither, I don't think my friends would let me use theirs either haha.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

Well, that is just it. So far it does not sound bad, things could have rational explanations.
You have to look at the over-all picture though, the OP is saying and describing things that are known in paranormal research to happen. People not wanting to enter a place, object appearing and disappearing,noises...

These tend to lean towards either a squatter,
(Although a squatter won't give people the "I won't go in there" vibe like a place that is haunted will)
Or possibly something more unusual.

I have lived in a couple of haunted places over the years, and have actively investigated one place this year that is a known documented and filmed haunted building, so as far as I am concerned, it does happen.
Actually, I think most places will hold a certain amount of "residual" haunting from residents who previously lived there.
At least that has been my experience with it.

OP, is there any remodeling going on? That will also kick things up if something is there.
There could be lots of reasons, both rational and paranormal.

And paranormal rational.
Construction, new tenants, people bringing spirits with them,
all kinds of things are possible.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Well, that is just it. So far it does not sound bad, things could have rational explanations.
You have to look at the over-all picture though, the OP is saying and describing things that are known in paranormal research to happen. People not wanting to enter a place, object appearing and disappearing,noises...

(Although a squatter won't give people the "I won't go in there" vibe like a place that is haunted will)

I have lived in a couple of haunted places over the years, and have actively investigated one place this year that is a known documented and filmed haunted building, so as far as I am concerned, it does happen.
Actually, I think most places will hold a certain amount of "residual" haunting from residents who previously lived there.

OP, is there any remodeling going on? That will also kick things up if something is there.

And paranormal rational.

At the moment yes. In a few months people are going to move into this big house. There has recently been bad blood between the previous owners and new ones. Even now.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I am going to make a thread on it at some point and time.

Here is an example of what the xbox 360 kinect does,
as it was used on Ghost Adventures.

And an xbox one that catches a shadow person (maybe)

Not trying to get off topic.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I am going to make a thread on it at some point and time.

Here is an example of what the xbox 360 kinect does,
as it was used on Ghost Adventures.

And an xbox one that catches a shadow person (maybe)

Not trying to get off topic.

Nah it's cool I don't mind discussing other bits, it's all paranormal . That shadow person video is pretty interesting O.o

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

And paranormal rational.

Absolutely. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but once Hollyweird gets their hands on something (Flies in a room, ala The Amityville Horror), everyone assumes that the events depicted are what always happens. That's all I'm trying to say.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
blue goblin, i dont have any direct experience with the paranormal but i absolutely believe in it. good luck and tread carefully

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I have experience with paranormal.

My advice...

Listen to Aleister and FlyersFan.

They gave you some really good advice.

No Ouija boards!!!

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

yeah I kind of figured that after I reread the post..lol

That is exactly why I said it could of just been from watching the exorcist.

For the most part, my own experience with the paranormal has been pretty mellow. I have had a couple of bad encounters, however, 99% of the time it is nothing negative. Just easily misunderstood, or just....weird. No other way to describe it, the paranormal stuff runs on a totally different level of understanding and physics. Their rules don't seem to apply like ours do to the world. They run on some other laws of physics, or at least something we have not figured out yet.

But then, that is what these experiences are for. With each and every investigation people make. With every legit photo, EVP, and even some of the totally newer tech that is coming, like ghost boxes, this is all pooled into a long term way of getting proof that some people desperately want.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: aesopsfables
blue goblin, i dont have any direct experience with the paranormal but i absolutely believe in it. good luck and tread carefully

Thanks migo. I hope to get some good results. I'll take lots of pictures as I read things may come up you can't see with your naked eye that comes up in pictures.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

I'd love indisputable proof, though I'm not so optimistic that it's coming anytime soon.

My experiences have been less than mellow, when anything has happened at all.

A lot of the investigations I've gone on yielded zip for evidence. There those few though, that pretty much turned my view of the universe upside down.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I'd love indisputable proof, though I'm not so optimistic that it's coming anytime soon.

A lot of the investigations I've gone on yielded zip for evidence. There those few though, that pretty much turned my view of the universe upside down.

What sort of signs and happenings did you experience on the investigations that did flip your view on things?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Well, with investigating
(and I am certainly no expert as I just started to dip my toes into that part of the whole experience)
I would think that timing is also important. You could go, and nothing could happen, and then go a few days later, and be blown away by what you get. The problem is access to these kinds of places.

The building I am a caretaker of has it's own haunts. I've encountered them a few times, or they just come on in once and a while. That actually stopped after buying some sage and having a friend of mine send me some crystals that I placed above the doorways in the apartment. I never thought I would have to do that. I don't even believe in crystals as energy things, but apparently it works, as the knocks and disappearing objects have all ceased since I did that.

We still have things happen, but not on the scale they were.
The Kinect camera did pick something up though, as I checked after requesting something to show, and suddenly a "guest" icon appeared next to me on the camera and it did not go away until I stepped around where it would of been in the room and blocked it from the camera lens, then it went away. it has not happened since, but I have only had the system a few days.

I should also add to the OP, that activity DOES pick up around construction. So perhaps after the remodeling is done, it will again quiet down. Here, that is part of what is going on, we are under construction, and it stirs things up. My co-worker in the other building never had any experiences until the construction started, and now even he is having some of the issues that I did in my apartment.

edit on 10-7-2014 by Darkblade71 because: typos

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Well, with investigating
(and I am certainly no expert as I just started to dip my toes into that part of the whole experience)
I would think that timing is also important. You could go, and nothing could happen, and then go a few days later, and be blown away by what you get. The problem is access to these kinds of places.

The building I am a caretaker of has it's own haunts. I've encountered them a few times, or they just come on in once and a while. That actually stopped after buying some sage and having a friend of mine send me some crystals that I placed above the doorways in the apartment. I never thought I would have to do that. I don't even believe in crystals as energy things, but apparently it works, as the knocks and disappearing objects have all ceased since I did that.

We still have things happen, but not on the scale they were.
The Kinect camera did pick something up though, as I checked after requesting something to show, and suddenly a "guest" icon appeared next to me on the camera and it did not go away until I stepped around where it would of been in the room and blocked it from the camera lens, then it went away. it has not happened since, but I have only had the system a few days.

I should also add to the OP, that activity DOES pick up around construction. So perhaps after the remodeling is done, it will again quiet down. Here, that is part of what is going on, we are under construction, and it stirs things up. My co-worker in the other building never had any experiences until the construction started, and now even he is having some of the issues that I did in my apartment.

In your experiences, what exactly happens when you encounter the entity/spirit/thing? What does it do, look like or behave like?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Goblin

What sort of signs and happenings did you experience on the investigations that did flip your view on things?

Well, I don't want to derail the thread, but I guess it will be a help to you being that you're thinking of doing your own investigation...

On a few occasions, I've been slapped. Nothing hard enough to leave marks, though I've seen others get scratched and welted.

Disembodied voices (which only a couple of us were able to hear) coming from other floors and rooms, which when we took pics, revealed some very bright orbs.

I've heard EVP's that my group recorded that had a multiple voices, one of which was NOT nice. This "mean" male voice cut off a female voice that was initially replying to a question we posed. The female voice "Kimberly" (we only know her name because the male voice told us), was an adolescent, and presumably was the one that had run through a group of us, which felt like a chilly breeze, which also left a strange whitish fog behind in one of the photos taken.

The events above occurred at an abandoned mental hospital in Massachusetts that we'd gained entry to through a security guard. The hospital is now gone, somewhat. The buildings were gutted and turned into condos.

The Morgue/Crematorium had yielded little more than orbs, but some members became physically ill, and as the group of us left, there were growls following us, from the building itself, all the way out into a parking lot, which was located a quarter mile away.

Our group, which was a combination of two investigation crews (my group, and one from western Mass) were experienced, and well equipped. There was no goofing around, no pranking, hell, we didn't even allow perfume, cologne, or smoking on the grounds while were investigating.

Not all investigations yield such things, in fact, not many at all yield anything usable. I've been on investigations with groups associated with TAPS (Ghost Hunters), and obtained little to no evidence of anything more than a home owner's paranoia, or misunderstanding of natural events, and mechanical malfunctions.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Goblin

Well, I don't want to derail the thread, but I guess it will be a help to you being that you're thinking of doing your own investigation...

On a few occasions, I've been slapped. Nothing hard enough to leave marks, though I've seen others get scratched and welted.

Disembodied voices (which only a couple of us were able to hear) coming from other floors and rooms, which when we took pics, revealed some very bright orbs.

I've heard EVP's that my group recorded that had a multiple voices, one of which was NOT nice. This "mean" male voice cut off a female voice that was initially replying to a question we posed. The female voice "Kimberly" (we only know her name because the male voice told us), was an adolescent, and presumably was the one that had run through a group of us, which felt like a chilly breeze, which also left a strange whitish fog behind in one of the photos taken.

The events above occurred at an abandoned mental hospital in Massachusetts that we'd gained entry to through a security guard. The hospital is now gone, somewhat. The buildings were gutted and turned into condos.

The Morgue/Crematorium had yielded little more than orbs, but some members became physically ill, and as the group of us left, there were growls following us, from the building itself, all the way out into a parking lot, which was located a quarter mile away.

Our group, which was a combination of two investigation crews (my group, and one from western Mass) were experienced, and well equipped. There was no goofing around, no pranking, hell, we didn't even allow perfume, cologne, or smoking on the grounds while were investigating.

Not all investigations yield such things, in fact, not many at all yield anything usable. I've been on investigations with groups associated with TAPS (Ghost Hunters), and obtained little to no evidence of anything more than a home owner's paranoia, or misunderstanding of natural events, and mechanical malfunctions.

Wow thanks for sharing. Yeah I asked as I may be able to recognize certain things if it happens to others. I have a Phillips voice recorder Dictaphone thing so I will leave that going upstairs in the room where mum reported the footsteps and slamming doors and pounding on the floor.

i hope I don't get slapped or anything haha, I have nun chucks with me though.
edit on 10/7/14 by Blue Goblin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
By the way I am bringing my laptop in the house and setting it up downstairs so I will give an update every 30 mins or so or whenever something happens. At the end of the day I will look over my pictures, videos and recordings and if anything weird comes up I will upload it here for you guys to look at.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Well, with this building as an example, after a resident moved out, and it was being repainted, the painter suddenly flipped out, very angry and almost walked off the job. I went in to talk to him, and the entire apartment had a gray haze to it, floating about eye level. No one else noticed so I kind of walked around, and got very sad. When I inquired about who lived there before, as I had just started the job, I was told it was a very depressed resident with a drug problem. I could even stand at one certain window in the place and look out over the back field and feel this persons depression grow. The haze was residual from his depression and drug abuse. My first time seeing it.

I could give lots of examples. Another resident committed suicide and after we got everything taken care of, the people below kept hearing footsteps in the apartment, which was locked tight, and the people above that moved in a few months later, without knowing what had happened,came into the office asking if someone died in their apartment because they all saw someone standing there several times, the kids, the lady, her boyfriend, they all were very disturbed about it.

You could stand in the area where he died and you would feel a spinning vertigo feeling, or at least that is what I felt.

The old man down the hall died one day, and as they were wheeling him out, we made eye contact, as he was not dead yet, and then he died a few minutes later at the hospital. The paramedics kicked in his door, and I had to stand guard until the police arrived. While I was standing there, I got this really strange feeling, and then a thought in my head, that was not mine, saying he has money in there, and I can have it if I go in and get it. I did not, and the police came, and there was his wallet on the floor where the paramedics left it. The officer pulled out the money and ID and counted the cash, and then he laid it out on the table and we went down to check the mans car for next of kin information. While we were gone, someone went into his apartment and took his money...an example of negative influence. There are to many examples to list without adding to a thread I already have about my own life and experience, but that is some of the current (within the last few years) experience.

Then there is The Palmer House, which is a documented historical haunted building, and since I took this job, our entire crew has been there twice now, because of weird synchronisities having to do with construction on these buildings and the crew that was here, who had just done some work at the Palmer house.....and they bought us rooms and a full tour.
The day they showed up, I was attacked by a small spider, right after hearing about where they had been, and I KNEW we were going to go there. That spider was a message.

Like I said, I could go on and on.

edit on 10-7-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join