It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quantum Energy Generator Achieves Conversion of VAR Into Usable Power

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AnarchoCapitalist

I would love for this to work but I think I'll wait until you can buy one and power your house and electric car with it. This year you think?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: oblvion

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Op, there is no such device or will there be in the near future that can produce free energy. It violates the laws of thermodynamics. It is just another overunity device.

Yes I believe we should be trying to figure it out, yes I believe it will one day be possible, but no, I dont believe this device is anything other than another scam.

Just because on video it shows X doesnt mean X has ever or can or will ever occur. I watched a guy named Hancock pick up a car and fly with it on video, should I take that at face value as well?

Any over-unity device would naturally violate the laws of thermodynamics, so it can't be "just another overunity device" as you stated. There are shortcuts however allowed by physical law, some of them rather dangerous, others not so much.

Let's say you wanted to ask someone a question on a planet circling Barnard's Star, would you have a conversation that took 24 years to get an answer back or would you rather compress space and take advantage of a "shortcut?" Instead of a signal traveling 12 light years there and another 12 back, through entanglement you could make the distances infinitely small.

The same types of shortcuts apply to energy, you don't have to violate any laws to change ground states and release usable energy, you just have to understand how to create the new ground state and capture the energy. As I said though, there are dangers because changing grounds states, removing electrons and protons, etc. can create a singularity. I don't think that would happen with the "mechanical design" in the video, but as we progress someone else will "fall" across this feature of quantum entanglement.

Cheers - Dave

It is "just another over unity device". As in, it is another BS machine claiming to have achieved over unity, because it claims to make more power than you put into it.

We have no worries of creating a singularity, because even if we did, it would either fall right through the earth out the other side, or it would evaporate in micro seconds, this is of course not mentioning that with the mass of even an atom it wouldnt be able to suck anything else in anyways.

As far as folding space time. We have known it was possible for a while, we are not even close to doing it. In 100 years or more maybe we could fold a message the 12 light years through entanglement, but we dont know how to entangle an atom 12 light years away and arent even close at all. So this is irrelevant.

What is the net energy of one gram of lead, do you know? If through some process I entangle the subatomic particles in the lead and reach a new ground state that involves only 80% of the particles, how much energy is converted from the 20% mass. That isn't overunity, that is an effective way to extract energy, but only 20% efficient.

Concerning singularities, if one were produced on the surface of the Earth, the earth would be reduced to a Schwarzschild radius of about 9cm in less than 5 hours. A singularity would not fall through the Earth and out the other side LOL. As far as black hole evaporation, Hawking reversed and retracted that theory a long time ago. On folding space-time, that has been proven operational even in close proximity (where power requirements are higher) since 1994, so not too terribly irrelevant ;-)

Back to the device in question that is the subject of the OP, maybe it's real, maybe it's not, maybe they have an errant idea concerning what they are trying to produce, maybe it's a scam (although I doubt that due to the number of people involved)? But you know, at least they seem to be trying to do something. What are you doing?

Cheers - Dave
edit on 7/10.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnarchoCapitalist
I'm sure the "debunkers" and "skeptics" will claim the hundreds of people involved in the building of these generators are all part of some elaborate scam to solicit donation monies.

Given that everything is open source, given the vast number of people involved, given the apparent test demonstrations that include o-scope readings, and given the fact that no investment monies or patents are being sought, it borders on the absurd to conclude this is some kind of elaborate hoax being put on by a mass crowd of people.

It borders on the absurd that people who call themselves engineers have no clue what VAR actually is and think you can measure power of phase shifted complex VI waveforms with a scope. VAR isnt real power. And don't get me started on the maplin power estimator lol.
edit on 10/7/2014 by EasyPleaseMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

But you know, at least they seem to be trying to do something. What are you doing?

I specialize in building envelopes.

Through the fun and twisty path we call life, I have ended up in recovering lost projects...primarily resource extraction.

My favourite pass-time, however, is in my roots, and I continue to develop ways to incorporate traditional methods of generating power into the building envelopes, as well as the unused spaces between a building's support structure and the corresponding envelope.

Current project...turning an unused attic into a very large, low temp stirling engine. Target = 2 kw continuous production from a 18m x 9m x 2m unused space, while improving the thermal efficiency of the building (which reduces energy consumption).

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

I'm not sure who the "we" you're referring to represents.

YOU don't understand how to read the lab reports.

DSC results:

Urbana max reading: 148.3 J/g - page 4 and last page in appendix

Auburn max reading: 334.1 J/g - page 16 and 17

Rowan max reading: 190.3 J/g - page 12

Rowan also ran an ignition test, which showed 500 J from 10 ul of solid fuel.

Urbana had this to say:

one would have to find an exothermic pathway far more energetic than the proposed [standard model] pathways in order to account for the DSC results.

Auburn had this to say:

This heat release is unexpected based on conventional chemistry, but was readily replicated using similar but not identical equipment and procedures to those used by Mills.

Rowan had this to say:

The results confirm that BLP's power-producing system catalytically converts the hydrogen of the H2O-based solid fuel into a non-polluting product, comprising lower-energy state hydrogen wherein the energy release of H2O fuel is 100 times that of an equivalent amount of high-octane gasoline.

edit on 7/10/2014 by AnarchoCapitalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: EasyPleaseMe

I'm sure the "debunkers" and "skeptics" will claim the hundreds of people involved in the building of these generators are all part of some elaborate scam to solicit donation monies.

Given that everything is open source, given the vast number of people involved, given the apparent test demonstrations that include o-scope readings, and given the fact that no investment monies or patents are being sought, it borders on the absurd to conclude this is some kind of elaborate hoax being put on by a mass crowd of people.

It borders on the absurd that people who call themselves engineers have no clue what VAR actually is and think you can measure power of phase shifted complex VI waveforms with a scope. VAR isnt real power. And don't get me started on the maplin power estimator lol.

Oh I think they understand it quite well. Quite a few engineers are working on this project. The lead engineer has 26 years in the field. He resigned his position as a lead electronics and motor control engineer at Honda to work on this project full time.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

At the New Energy Movement conference in Portland, OR, 2004, a man who stood in for keynoter Dr. Eugene Mallove who had been killed, reported that they had proved that all three laws of thermodynamics are not universally true.
He had worked closely with Dr. Mallove.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I just wanted to add this vid for some to consider when making statements based on old ways of looking at science and what might be able to be believed in the future of discovery

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

They obviously don't - I read their report at the link you provided. I dont care what job they had / pretend to have had, it is obvious they don't have a clue or are being intentionally deceitful The guy listed as the chief 'engineer' is a known scam artist to boot. I liked the formatting of their report however.

As they are in the UK they can hire me and my pair of power analysers and calorimeters for a day. If their unit produces excess energy I will do it for free! What do they have to lose?

edit on 10/7/2014 by EasyPleaseMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: EasyPleaseMe

They obviously don't - I read their report at the link you provided. I dont care what job they had / pretend to have had, it is obvious they don't have a clue. The guy listed as the chief 'engineer' is a known scam artist to boot. I liked the formatting of their report however.

As they are in the UK they can hire me and my pair of power analysers and calorimeters for a day. If their unit produces excess energy I will do it for free! What do they have to lose?

I read the report too, and I don't see a problem with it. They aren't claiming to have a self-looped over unity machine at this point. They are claiming over unity in VARs only, which as you point out, is not actual usable power. In the video, they are using something called a Markov coil to harness VARs. I have no idea how this works so I'm not in a position to be able to defend them on this.

Again, they are not claiming over unity in terms of actual usable power at this point, so your measuring equipment wouldn't detect over unity in terms of usable power. From what I read, they are anticipating reaching over unity in usable power within a month or two.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

This looks a lot better than the usual wheel with a magnet on it but after many years of extraordinary claims there is very little to show.

New Journal of Physics Volume 7 number 1 A critical analysis of the hydrino model

iopscience.iop.org...

This is from 9 years ago. Now that is a long time and we are yet to see the revolutionary energy device have any impact on the world's energy production.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JimTSpock

Yeah, that report is ancient.

Mills struggled for a long time trying to figure out how to extract usable energy from the catalyst he discovered. The vast majority of time over the past decade was spent trying to solve this problem, which has only recently been solved.

It wouldn't surprise me if Mills came out with a working prototype generator by the end of the year. The hard part is over with. Now it's just a simple standard engineering problem of building the generator device.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JimTSpock
Whether the hydrino model is correct or not, BLP equipment has produced excess energy in a number of reliable labs. They have been around for a long time without any appreciable advances however.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

A looped system that powers itself is probably only a few weeks or months away at this point.

That is what they claimed back in April.. What is stopping them looping it back now?

I've been following this development of this open sourced generator for a while now,

You mean you have fallen for the QEG scam!

yes they are - but they are not the people receiving the $100,000 they have raised so far, that money goes to 'hopegirl" and her family.

and the progress being made by the various QEG teams,

What progress? All they have is a motor driving a generator running some lights, they have not achieved overunity. They have never finished one of the devices by looping the o/p back to the i/p, there have been no independent tests of their claims.

It has been shown to be a hoax in this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...
and
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This post explains what they have actually built
www.abovetopsecret.com...

More details on the scam
www.quatloos.com...

I much prefer this "free energy" device
www.rarenergia.com.br...

edit on 10-7-2014 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Now this is the real thing which you can get excited about.

Scientists have now designed the next-step device—ITER—which will produce more power than it consumes: for 50 MW of input power, 500 MW of output power will be produced. ITER will begin writing the chapter on 21st century fusion.

www.iter.org...

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

a reply to: peck420
You don't even know how to read the results. You're looking at the wrong numbers.

So, you are claiming that energy is not measured in joules?

He claims to have created a fuel of unimaginable power density, but you want me to look at something other than Joules/gram...a standardized measurement of the amount of energy that is released from a given gram of a fuel...

Good thing you have any credibility.

Agreed!!!! All these same things always revovle arpound "you only understand conventional science" " this is measured in energy out not energy in" "you just dont understand the science"...

It is quite obvious many here do understand the science.

They lack a decent answer because they are Full of the #e.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Op, there is no such device or will there be in the near future that can produce free energy. It violates the laws of thermodynamics. It is just another overunity device.

Yes I believe we should be trying to figure it out, yes I believe it will one day be possible, but no, I dont believe this device is anything other than another scam.

Just because on video it shows X doesnt mean X has ever or can or will ever occur. I watched a guy named Hancock pick up a car and fly with it on video, should I take that at face value as well?

Any over-unity device would naturally violate the laws of thermodynamics, so it can't be "just another overunity device" as you stated. There are shortcuts however allowed by physical law, some of them rather dangerous, others not so much.

Let's say you wanted to ask someone a question on a planet circling Barnard's Star, would you have a conversation that took 24 years to get an answer back or would you rather compress space and take advantage of a "shortcut?" Instead of a signal traveling 12 light years there and another 12 back, through entanglement you could make the distances infinitely small.

The same types of shortcuts apply to energy, you don't have to violate any laws to change ground states and release usable energy, you just have to understand how to create the new ground state and capture the energy. As I said though, there are dangers because changing grounds states, removing electrons and protons, etc. can create a singularity. I don't think that would happen with the "mechanical design" in the video, but as we progress someone else will "fall" across this feature of quantum entanglement.

Cheers - Dave

It is "just another over unity device". As in, it is another BS machine claiming to have achieved over unity, because it claims to make more power than you put into it.

We have no worries of creating a singularity, because even if we did, it would either fall right through the earth out the other side, or it would evaporate in micro seconds, this is of course not mentioning that with the mass of even an atom it wouldnt be able to suck anything else in anyways.

As far as folding space time. We have known it was possible for a while, we are not even close to doing it. In 100 years or more maybe we could fold a message the 12 light years through entanglement, but we dont know how to entangle an atom 12 light years away and arent even close at all. So this is irrelevant.

What is the net energy of one gram of lead, do you know? If through some process I entangle the subatomic particles in the lead and reach a new ground state that involves only 80% of the particles, how much energy is converted from the 20% mass. That isn't overunity, that is an effective way to extract energy, but only 20% efficient.

Concerning singularities, if one were produced on the surface of the Earth, the earth would be reduced to a Schwarzschild radius of about 9cm in less than 5 hours. A singularity would not fall through the Earth and out the other side LOL. As far as black hole evaporation, Hawking reversed and retracted that theory a long time ago. On folding space-time, that has been proven operational even in close proximity (where power requirements are higher) since 1994, so not too terribly irrelevant ;-)

Back to the device in question that is the subject of the OP, maybe it's real, maybe it's not, maybe they have an errant idea concerning what they are trying to produce, maybe it's a scam (although I doubt that due to the number of people involved)? But you know, at least they seem to be trying to do something. What are you doing?

Cheers - Dave

Let us be clear here.

Not once has a particle been taken from its curent energy state and placed on a lower energy state through the processes your describing.

Can my TV quantum tunnel and end up a ant in another lower state universe in the laws of physics as we understand them? Absolutely, as long as the ant holds a less energetic state than the TV it is entirely possible. Can we do it? No, Not even in the best labs with basically unlimited funding we still cant do this. So your acting like it is making a ham and cheese sandwich is illogical. "were it so easy" to steal a quote from the Arbiter from Halo. Every thing is technically possible, some things are impossible at our present level of "science" or "understanding" or whatever you want to call it.

TYou act like these things are common place. Even our entanglement experiments can only just qualify as such. We are no where near what your claiming is easy enough. It is not, your being consumed by hyperbole here.

Honestly. You can not say this is, or any of the processes you described are within our reach, because they are not.

PLZ, keep it in the real world buddy. We all want warp drive. We all want FTL comms. It is not a reality at present.

Neither is this devise.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimTSpock
Now this is the real thing which you can get excited about.

Scientists have now designed the next-step device—ITER—which will produce more power than it consumes: for 50 MW of input power, 500 MW of output power will be produced. ITER will begin writing the chapter on 21st century fusion.

www.iter.org...
p

LOL

If the ITER ever produces more power than it consumes, I'll eat my own snot on YouTube.

That thing is the biggest joke, biggest crony-capitalist, biggest boondoggle in the history of all money wasting crony schemes on the planet.

You think Mills is a scam? These guys have burned so much money - TAX MONEY - TAKEN BY FORCE FROM UNWILLING VICTIMS - on this pile of crap that it's impossible to even wrap your head around it.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

If you say so.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

I'm going to have a good time watching belief systems implode as these generators get rolled out to production.

It's going to be the modern day equivalent of watching Midevil religious zealots deal with the fact the world is actually round instead of flat.

Much like you were going to have a good time watching Rossi's e-Cat make people explode?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join