It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quantum Energy Generator Achieves Conversion of VAR Into Usable Power

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
i have an entire mountain of doubt and skepticism sitting on top of the tiniest grain of hope.

Eloquently put.

I'm in the same boat. I hope this isn't another scam like most of these things turn out to be.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

originally posted by: oblvion
a reply to: AnarchoCapitalist

Op, there is no such device or will there be in the near future that can produce free energy. It violates the laws of thermodynamics. It is just another overunity device.

Yes I believe we should be trying to figure it out, yes I believe it will one day be possible, but no, I dont believe this device is anything other than another scam.

Just because on video it shows X doesnt mean X has ever or can or will ever occur. I watched a guy named Hancock pick up a car and fly with it on video, should I take that at face value as well?

Any over-unity device would naturally violate the laws of thermodynamics, so it can't be "just another overunity device" as you stated. There are shortcuts however allowed by physical law, some of them rather dangerous, others not so much.

Let's say you wanted to ask someone a question on a planet circling Barnard's Star, would you have a conversation that took 24 years to get an answer back or would you rather compress space and take advantage of a "shortcut?" Instead of a signal traveling 12 light years there and another 12 back, through entanglement you could make the distances infinitely small.

The same types of shortcuts apply to energy, you don't have to violate any laws to change ground states and release usable energy, you just have to understand how to create the new ground state and capture the energy. As I said though, there are dangers because changing grounds states, removing electrons and protons, etc. can create a singularity. I don't think that would happen with the "mechanical design" in the video, but as we progress someone else will "fall" across this feature of quantum entanglement.

Cheers - Dave

It is "just another over unity device". As in, it is another BS machine claiming to have achieved over unity, because it claims to make more power than you put into it.

We have no worries of creating a singularity, because even if we did, it would either fall right through the earth out the other side, or it would evaporate in micro seconds, this is of course not mentioning that with the mass of even an atom it wouldnt be able to suck anything else in anyways.

As far as folding space time. We have known it was possible for a while, we are not even close to doing it. In 100 years or more maybe we could fold a message the 12 light years through entanglement, but we dont know how to entangle an atom 12 light years away and arent even close at all. So this is irrelevant.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
WHERE IS THE ENERGY COMING FROM?

Sorry for shouting. Energy cannot be *generated*, you can post 100 youtube videos...and energy STILL cannot be *generated*.

It must come from somewhere. Even if it is something based on an obscure theory like the "vacuum" etc, can you please elaborate where this energy is supposed to come from?

If you claim or believe energy is *created* in such a way as to be able to power whatever device indefinitely, then too the energy must come from SOMEWHERE. Any such device *must* also use-up energy. Whether it's a battery, a turning wheel or whatever device, it USES energy. If a device is using-up energy, again, where does the energy come from?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Regardless of what has been or will be said on this thread mate,
for the world and everyone on it now or in the future..i hope and pray you, and they are right.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
>>
I'm sure the "debunkers" and "skeptics" will claim the hundreds of people involved in the building of these generators are all part of some elaborate scam to solicit donation monies.

Given that everything is open source, given the vast number of people involved, given the apparent test demonstrations that include o-scope readings, and given the fact that no investment monies or patents are being sought, it borders on the absurd to conclude this is some kind of elaborate hoax being put on by a mass crowd of people.
>>

Why are you putting debunkers and skeptics in quotes? Yes, I am skeptical, but WITHOUT the quotes. Simply because there are laws of physics.

O-Scope readings: I just read somewhere that they demonstrated the device and it's clearly visible in the picture that the device was plugged in a power outlet.

As for your claim it's not a scam or hoax:

A) They ask for money on the fundraiser site.
B) They charge $300/hr for a "consultation" with them in case someone builds the machine and needs advice.

Their site is also full with esoteric/spiritual stuff..even mentioning "orbs" somewhere...which TBH has very, very little to do with what I'd consider serious scientists who'd be on to something.

I am very sorry, it LOOKS like a scam, smells like a scam...like the countless other devices before them.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoRulesAllowed
where does the energy come from?

It's all theory.

Mill's suggests the energy his device produces comes from hydrogen moving to a lower ground state.

The QEG team suggests their energy comes from some kind of excitation signal that is conducted through the quantum field into the generator core.

All that can be said with any certainty is that the power both groups have produced cannot be explained by existing quantum theory.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnarchoCapitalist

You should have maybe read these testing first. They confirm that his idea could be used as fuel. But, let's take a slightly closer look...were going to deal with just the excess energy. The part we get to actually use.

Urbana-Champaign University:
www.blacklightpower.com...

Test result:
Excess Energy: 0.39 J/g

Auburn University:

Test result:
Excess Energy: 298.7 J/g* (average of 3 readings...completely disregarding one of their own tests).

Rowan University:

Test Result:
Excess Energy: 0.76 J/g

For reference...gasoline is 42.36 J/g.

Call me unimpressed...if I test gasoline enough times, I can get it to read off the charts too.
edit on 10-7-2014 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

You don't even know how to read the results. You're looking at the wrong numbers.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
all i can work out is they have made is a Resonant inverter is anyone with electronic engineering skills able to check this out ?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

You don't even know how to read the results. You're looking at the wrong numbers.

So, you are claiming that energy is not measured in joules?

He claims to have created a fuel of unimaginable power density, but you want me to look at something other than Joules/gram...a standardized measurement of the amount of energy that is released from a given gram of a fuel...

Good thing you have any credibility.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

No, I'm claiming that all the reports show J/g in the hundreds, and you don't understand what you're looking at.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Hi guys,

I'm an engineer, but I don't need an engineering degree to understand what that video is all about - since the black guy states what this thing is.

It is a means to store and retrieve energy. There is *NO* new energy being created like you people are assuming of this thing - it is not a generator.

It is another form of a "battery".

He says so right in the video.

What are you guys arguing about? If what this thing does is right, then they have an amazing invention potentially - the ability to store and retrieve large quantities of energy in small spaces. That is an unbelievable leap in technology - with huge implications.

I'll let you guys discuss the rest.
edit on 10-7-2014 by sensibleSenseless because: question mark

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: oblvion

Op, there is no such device or will there be in the near future that can produce free energy. It violates the laws of thermodynamics. It is just another overunity device.

Yes I believe we should be trying to figure it out, yes I believe it will one day be possible, but no, I dont believe this device is anything other than another scam.

Just because on video it shows X doesnt mean X has ever or can or will ever occur. I watched a guy named Hancock pick up a car and fly with it on video, should I take that at face value as well?

There is energy floating about in free space - the only problem is that is it in the form of random fluctuations (white noise) with no dominant frequency. There's the idea that somehow if you could get some resonant frequency then you have a power amplifier and get energy that way - much like a diesel engine gets power from thousands of small explosions each second.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

In the video below, you'll see the UK team test the conversion of VAR power (virtual power) into actual power, with a light bank acting as a load on the system.

Wow, that was quick! It seems like less than a month ago they thought vars were usable power. I noticed you ended your participation in the following linked thread after this post

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation
Thanks for that info. Now that it's been shown maybe others familiar with the details can check it out.

About the vars, why are we concerned with reactive power calculations in the first place?

Engineers care about apparent power, because even though the current associated with reactive power does no work at the load, it heats the wires, wasting energy. Conductors, transformers and generators must be sized to carry the total current, not just the current that does useful work.
en.wikipedia.org...

It doesn't appear to be relevant. Vars aren't watts. Does Robitaille ever even try to demonstrate an increase in actual power by clearly showing power in and power out?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: sensibleSenseless
Hi guys,

I'm an engineer, but I don't need an engineering degree to understand what that video is all about - since the black guy states what this thing is.

It is a means to store and retrieve energy. There is *NO* new energy being created like you people are assuming of this thing - it is not a generator.

It is another form of a "battery".

He says so right in the video.

What are you guys arguing about? If what this thing does is right, then they have an amazing invention potentially - the ability to store and retrieve large quantities of energy in small spaces. That is an unbelievable leap in technology - with huge implications.

I'll let you guys discuss the rest.

This is true to a degree, except in the QEG, there is no internal, common exciter coil, and no rotor windings. It is not apparent where the input power comes from to start resonance in the unit. This is where "free" or quantum energy is needed to account for the output.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
They said they would supply a voltage to one end - in the design - and then they would obtain power on the output.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: sensibleSenseless
They said they would supply a voltage to one end - in the design - and then they would obtain power on the output.

You're not going to get a full understanding of the system by watching that short 12 minute video. Go download the design docs and watch the hour long Q&A video, as well as read the project website info. Just google QEG.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Of course, Mills could be a genius whose theories are going to completely revolutionize modern science (and modern industry). That's what his supporters claim. But that's what the supporters of ALL free-energy schemers claim. The fact is that for almost fifteen years Mills has been promising that practical applications of his hydrino technology are just around the corner. But nothing ever materializes. And meanwhile he keeps luring in new investors with his wild promises of limitless energy. So it seems to me that Mills and his hydrinos match the familiar free-energy pattern of big promises, but no results.

www.museumofhoaxes.com...

Would be great if there was more than some crappy utube videos and apparently this guy has been spinning the same BS for around 15 years. lol.

Dr. Michio Kaku, a theoretical physicist based at City University of New York, adds that "the only law that this business with Mills is proving is that a fool and his money are easily parted."

en.wikipedia.org...

I think this will end up being nothing at all just like the previous 15 years. Maybe they need more time.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JimTSpock

Apparently numerous universities now disagree with the "Museum of Hoaxes"

Sounds like a reputable site.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

No, I'm claiming that all the reports show J/g in the hundreds, and you don't understand what you're looking at.

Yeah, I'm sure that's it.

It's not like we don't have representations that fit joules in the hundreds...it's called a hectojoule, and is represented as hJ...1 hJ = 100 J.

Maybe your next claim will be that it is in tens of joules? Nope, we have annotations for that as well...decajoule (dJ).

Thousands of joules? Nope, that would be a kilojoule (kJ).

We even have a representation for his claims of billions...gigajoules (GJ).

But, I am assured that your esteemed self was well aware of that...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join