It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Refuses to Visit Border; Claims "Not Interested In Photo Ops"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

I'm not sure why it bothers you so much - all politicians do the photo-op thing.

Thought it was OBVIOUS.

Guess not.

From the op:

For the last 6 YEARS it has been never letting a good prop go to waste' Quick take my picture' to preserve how 'awesome' Obama is!

Latest example that was ALREADY said in the thread was the Bergdal release.

Before that using the military as props.

Before that using children to sign his EO's on banning arms imports.

Numerous examples of that clearly exist.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Actually, it's not just the Left that sees the value in amnesty for votes and that's why the Republican have pandered to the latino vote for some time. *cough cough, Reagan* But it gets them in trouble with the base.

So this entire hoopla is nothing more than pandering to the base. Gotta keep em outraged and voting Republican.....but they bring nothing to the table to solve the issue.

You can fall for it if you want, Neo. But I can see right past this horsecrap. If Obama did go down there and visit the sites, the Right would be crying that he had no right to go down there because it's just a photo op and it was all his fault they were here illegally.....raaaaaaaaaahhhhh!

He's damned either way. Only this time it seems that Obama, while still hypocritical, called out the Republicans on their own hypocrisy.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

How can people cross multiple countries and claim to be refugees fleeing their home?

Shouldn't they apply as refugees in the first country they come to that is better than their home country?

Why cross multiple countries to get to America?

It's not about being a refugee it is about wanting a better life. I can't blame them for that. EVERYONE wants a better life.

Question is: is it America's responsibility to provide a better life for everyone on the planet that wants one?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
He is asking for 3.7 billion dollars but won't bother to take a trip and see what is going on down there himself. Riiiight...

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

You can fall for it if you want,

Fall for what again ?

Knowing that the hispanic vote trends left ?

That is a fact.

If the right started buying their vote like the left did maybe that would be a different story.

Anyone paying attention knows who benefits from amnesty.

Seven amnesties have been passed since Reagan.

SEVEN.

Why not for for an 8th time.

Hell Amnesty would have been passed under the GW administration but the left blocked it.

Then from 2008 to 2010 when they held the house,senate, and the presidency if it was so all fired so important they should have done something then.

They didn't.

We got the shaft with the ACA.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

Question is: is it America's responsibility to provide a better life for everyone on the planet that wants one?

Better question is why isn't Mexico stopping them.

They aren't they are providing the transportation.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

:-)

Thought I was being obvious

I don't usually chime in on the Obama threads - but this whole story interests me

There are more important things to whine about than whether or not he shows up at the actual border - to do what?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

It's obvious why Mexico isn't stopping them and/or even helping them.

Mexico would rather see the drain on the American coffers than their own

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus

It's obvious why Mexico isn't stopping them and/or even helping them.

Mexico would rather see the drain on the American coffers than their own

Going to expand that even further.

The drug trade thrives on the poor.

Guess they are now exporting new customers to US now.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Why cross multiple countries to get to America?

It's not about being a refugee it is about wanting a better life. I can't blame them for that. EVERYONE wants a better life.

Since early this year, Mexican authorities have increased their control over Guatemalan refugees by not allowing them to leave the camps without special permits. These permits are issued only in cases of severe health problems requiring medical attention outside the 50 km border area, or in the case of sponsorship by a Mexican employer, such as a plantation owner. Otherwise, refugees are sealed in "concentration camps," as one church aid worker described it. The authorities have also made the refugee settlements off limits to outsiders and have even harassed Mexican citizens attempting to help refugees.

More at the site - and this is just one site

World is getting smaller my friend - crazier - desperate

Like I said - I don't blame the president for having a beer or two. If I was president of the USA right now I'd be self medicating too

edit on 7/10/2014 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Didn't the Governor of this state not just snub Obama for the same reason? No photo op?

It is "bad press" to be seen with Obama these days.

Even some Democrats are avoiding him.

Especially the ones running for office this year.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: intrepid
Didn't the Governor of this state not just snub Obama for the same reason? No photo op?

It is "bad press" to be seen with Obama these days.

Even some Democrats are avoiding him.

Especially the ones running for office this year.

So he did then. And I'll wager those that are complaining about Obama NOT taking this Op were perfectly fine with Perry's lack of decorum.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Really, Neo? Only the Left benefits from Amnesty? Then why do many on the Right, like John McCain, support amnesty? There must be something in it for them and you and I both know what that benefit is.

But I think what this is all about, as I stated before, is the Right needs something to whine about. The Republicans don't care about amnesty or illegal immigration, but their base only seems to get motivated and vocal when they have something to cry about.

I think the folks on the right need to take the time to stop acting like a bunch of cry-baby pansies and really look at what is happening here. You guys are regurgitating the same talking points the party is handing out and have you believing they are firmly against illegal immigration, but they're not.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I don't know if it's our responsibility...

Sometimes life puts things in our path - how we react to those things, how we conduct ourselves - these things show exactly what we're made of

This will be politicized to the point of absurdity. 2 years to go - everything counts in a world of soundbites and photo-ops

But history is going to be the final judge no matter who gets to be king in 2016. Those kids are here on our doorstop now

They're not an idea - they are children

edit on 7/10/2014 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Really, Neo? Only the Left benefits from Amnesty? Then why do many on the Right, like John McCain, support amnesty?

Please!

McCain might as well call himself what he is. A Democrat.

But I think what this is all about, as I stated before, is the Right needs something to whine about. The Republicans don't care about amnesty or illegal immigration, but their base only seems to get motivated and vocal when they have something to cry about.

Aw hell.

Damn them evil righties trying to enforce the LAW.

I think the folks on the right need to take the time to stop acting like a bunch of cry-baby pansies and really look at what is happening here. You guys are regurgitating the same talking points the party is handing out and have you believing they are firmly against illegal immigration, but they're not.

I think the left needs to stop picking and choosing what laws matter and what ones don't.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

So he did then.

I don't know.

Did he?

It must be on the news somewhere ?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Republicans are just like the democrats....they only cry about it being "the law" when it serves their political purpose.

I didn't see them crying about the illegal Patriot Act or warrant-less wire-tapping. Why is that? Hmmmm

Hypocrites.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
There is no left or right, only a sliding scale of idiocy.

Politics are like being ambidextrous. My left hand can take as much as my right. My right can give as much as my left. Both hands can create as well as destroy.

The left and right paradigm is what side of the brain you're using when you are commiting these acts.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I didn't see them crying about the illegal Patriot Act or warrant-less wire-tapping. Why is that? Hmmmm

The only ones who cry about the Patriot Act are the same people who wrote CLintons/Bidens Omnibus Counter Terrorism act of the 90s.

Before that they passed Carters FISA act of the 70s.

After the Patriot Act the people who cry about the Patriot Act ignore those other two with addition to the ACA and it's data hub that picks up where the PA leaves off.

Hyporcrites ?

Yep that that is a trait not unique to the right.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Hyporcrites ?

Yep that that is a trait not unique to the right.

Acknowledging a problem is the first step to recovery. Excellent.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join