It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Refuses to Visit Border; Claims "Not Interested In Photo Ops"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

In a press conference in Dallas on Wednesday, President Obama responded to critics who noted he was refusing to visit the border in a time of crisis. "This isn't theater," the President said, before going further and saying "I'm not interested in photo ops."

'Not' interested in photo ops! !

Whaaat ?

Since when ?

For the last 6 YEARS it has been never letting a good prop go to waste' Quick take my picture' to preserve how 'awesome' Obama is!

Why won't you go to the border Mr. 'President' ?

WHY ?

Playing pool and drinking beer, fund raising 'more' important eh Mr'. 'President' ?

Guess what there oh 'glorious' one ?

Lots of pictures were taken on those occasions!

Democrat lawmaker lashes out at Obama for playing pool and drinking beer in Colorado photo-op instead of visiting crisis-hit border

They say a picture is worth a thousands of words.

Here is one of two.

Not a 'photo op' eh.

Perry: 'I Don't Know' Whether Obama Heard Me

No Perry I don't think he did.

The above is my opinion there are many like it, but this one is mine.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Obama Refuses to Visit Border; Claims "Not Interested In Bad Photo Ops"

Little fix for the Dhalibama there.

+17 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Classic.

This is the same Pres that did a big photo op with Bob Bergdahl's parents in the Rose Garden.

But our Border's security isn't worth the time.

Holy agenda...this guy does suck ass.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
uh....who cares if he goes to the actual border or not?....what's wrong with you people?....why don't all you right-wingers grab a gun, and go to the border, that way you can carry out your second-amendment rights, shooting anything that crosses over, that's what all of you really , down deep, want to do.

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
uh....who cares if he goes to the actual border or not?...

Why did Dear Leader have to walk around the Jersey Shore after Sandy?

...why don't all you right-wingers grab a gun...

Sorry, not a right-winger. Not everyone who detests Dear Leader is of that political persuasion.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Obama would visit the border if...There was a nice golf course nearby or...He felt he could cause greater damage if he did.

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

uh....who cares if he goes to the actual border or not?.

Because that is his JOB.

Since the Potus can't be bothered to go there.

Not much of a 'crisis'.

why don't all you right-wingers grab a gun, and go to the border, that way you can carry out your second-amendment rights, shooting anything that crosses over, that's what all of you really , down deep, want to do.

Nice political trolling there.

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Thats just your opinion, why do all you anti gunners think anyone with a gun wants to kill everybody.
Good lord get over it. Its getting quite pathetic with all you anti gunners spewing the same line over and over.

Peace.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Lichter daraus

Yeah even more so when one looks up that the US is one of the largest arms dealer in the world.

That arms terrorist regimes in the ME to the DRUG CARTELS down Mexico way.

Fast and Furious ! ! !

Guns for VOTES!.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Not interested in photo ops, eh?

Maybe it's more like "not interested in contracting TB."

I'm so glad he sent half of these kids to Ft. Sill, just 30 miles from my home. I actually had to tell my mom that she can't take my kiddo to Lawton/Ft. Sill to the movies or out to eat for a while
All it will take is one health care worker or social worker to contract TB from one of these children and then go to the movies, the mall or a restaurant and before you know it, it could be all over Comanche county.

Since he cares so much about these children, he should take them to his house and expose his family to whatever they have to offer...but no. He won't even go down there himself.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

"This isn't theater," the President said, before going further and saying "I'm not interested in photo ops."

Did he stutter?

Exactly what kind of photo-op would have satisfied you Neo?

President Obama standing somewhere near the border - looking at a bunch of travel weary children with a stern expression?

President Obama giving a bunch of illegals the finger?

Tell me - what were you looking for exactly?

:-)

I get the feeling you don't actually like President Obama

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

"This isn't theater," the President said, before going further and saying "I'm not interested in photo ops."

Politics is theatre.

Read from a script.

Him going to the border would have 'satisfied' me.

Instead of drinking beer,playing pool, and fund raising for his party.

I get the feeling you don't actually like President Obama

Was there a point there ?

Really ?

Considering he uses government agencies to target people like me.

Like the DOJ, and the IRS.

Doesn't take a degree to know the feeling is mutual.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Coming from Obama, that means it's 100% *Theater*

He has a rich history of distortion.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I don't doubt for a minute that Obama is all about the great photo ops, but I have to give him credit on this one for calling it for what it is.

This "crisis" on the border is a half-assed manufactured outrage by the Right to stir up it's base and grant them an opportunity to not only push a signature issue just before the election cycle, but to also get in some perfect photo ops.

Obama is being hypocritical, but at least he got a good poke to his naysayers in there.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Just for snip and giggles.

I would really love to know the answer to this.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

This "crisis" on the border is a half-assed manufactured outrage by the LEFT to stir up it's base and grant them an opportunity to not only push a signature issue just before the election cycle, but to also get in some perfect photo ops.

Fixed for accuracy.

Amnesty anyone ?

INSTANT VOTERS !

Just add water.

Bucket loads of it.
edit on 10-7-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

I'd have been happy with a photo of him spending time with, or holding, or reading to the kids he claims to care so much about.

Oh wait... Obama doesn't want to get sick.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Didn't the Governor of this state not just snub Obama for the same reason? No photo op?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Point?

Humor

:-)

If he had gone people would be hollerin' about how insincere he is - and how it was just a photo OP

Maybe a photo of him waving a gun around would do the trick - in the general direction of the border?

I'm not sure why it bothers you so much - all politicians do the photo-op thing. Except maybe when the situation doesn't call for it

Advocates to Obama: Border Kid Crisis Not About Immigration

In a conference call with reporters, Michelle Brané of the Women's Refugee Commission said it was "personally offensive" for Obama to tell children crossing the border that they should not come because they will be sent back, saying many of the children, with adequate legal representation, would win asylum cases.

The governments of El Salvador, Honduras and Guatemala have a "clear humanitarian situation on the ground," said Leslie Vélez, Senior Protection Officer of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees.

She said this was clearly the case since the "displacement" was first seen internally within these countries and only afterward did it spread to neighboring countries, not just the U.S.

Between 2012 and 2013, Nicaragua saw a 238 percent increase in asylum applications from children and families fleeing neighboring countries. Honduras has the world's highest homicide rate and El Salvador and Guatemala also wrestle with high levels of gang violence and organized crime.

Some people want him to send in the National Guard - he's not being tough enough.

Some think he's being too tough - and kinda mean

Some just think he's being mean wrong - or nice wrong

What a pickle - I'd be playing pool and drinking beer too

edit on 7/10/2014 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join