It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missouri man shoots wife because he ‘got tired of her’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

Another story from "you just can't make this **** up dept."

Bobby Leonard was placed under arrest, and advised of his rights. He then asked if his wife was dead.

Wheetley told him that his wife was not dead, and “I asked Bobby what happened.”

“I got tired of her and shot her,” Bobby Leonard allegedly replied.

Bobby Leonard was charged with first-degree domestic assault and armed criminal action or first-degree domestic assault. He was being held at the Doniphan City Jail in lieu of $150,000 cash bond.

Refreshing honesty from Bobby. However when and if he gets out of jail, I seriously doubt if Carolyn is going to welcome him home with "It's alright honey, we wus drunk"

It's these little snippets of Americana that prime the pump of future Faulkners, Capote's, Tenn Williams and O'connors.

The Graphic imagery of this scene and it's aftermath mixes surrealism, pathos and humor into something that needs to be preserved in story, film or Graphic Novel. I'll try....

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

He winged her. If he'd shot a mule, he'd probably be in real trouble.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
If I used being tired of somebody as an excuse to shoot them, nobody on ATS would be safe.

edit on 10-7-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
If I used being tired of somebody as an excuse to shoot them, nobody on ATS would be safe.

That would include a self inflicted wound as well, right Blue..?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Poor guy.

If he had been a Republican member of congress they would likely not have said a word about it.
We all know how they think about women.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
When I showed this article to my coproducer, the casting call went out immediately. We'll taylor the script around the characters. If this utube goes viral perhaps we can give Bobby screen credit and buy him a pack of smokes.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Hmmm .. times are indeed hard ..

But hey, at least he knows how to deal with his problems ..!

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: junglimogli

Hmmm .. times are indeed hard ..

But hey, at least he knows how to deal with his problems ..!

Maybe....

His real problems are just beginning.

I can see this as a feature. I wonder....

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

For the love of God, do the world a favor and let this halfwit slide back into obscurity.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright

For the love of God, do the world a favor and let this halfwit slide back into obscurity.

Sorry amigo, the process has started and once the muse bites, she gets hungry!

The dslr batteries are in the charger!!
edit on 10-7-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: teamcommander

Poor guy.

If he had been a Republican member of congress they would likely not have said a word about it.

Bill Clinton
Ted Kennedy
Bobby Kennedy
John Kennedy
Eliot Spitzer
John Edwards
David Paterson
Gary Condit
Mel Reynolds
Those are all Democrats. Seems like you can mistreat women in a very personal sense... no matter which of those two scum parties you belong to.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

If you ever get tired of pandering to the lowest common denominator and want to create something worthwhile that won't make you hate yourself, might I suggest a piece on Richard Feynman, arguably the greatest US born physicist of all time. Take about 5 minutes and research him. There's a real and entertaining story right there.

You know that's a better and better idea the more I think about it what with the popularity of Big Bang Theory. If you're going to 'borrow' I don't see why it should be from the worst parts of Honey Boo Boo and Duck Dynasty.

But what do I know?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

If you ever get tired of pandering to the lowest common denominator and want to create something worthwhile that won't make you hate yourself, might I suggest a piece on Richard Feynman, arguably the greatest US born physicist of all time. Take about 5 minutes and research him. There's a real and entertaining story right there.

You know that's a better and better idea the more I think about it what with the popularity of Big Bang Theory. If you're going to 'borrow' I don't see why it should be from the worst parts of Honey Boo Boo and Duck Dynasty.

But what do I know?

Why the insults? Kinda unbecoming a mod btw; seems to be a trend however. I follow my own aesthetic impulses.

Perhaps you should take your own advice and create a piece chronicling Mr Feynman.

You can start here....

www.celtx.com...

you mad bro???

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Why the insults? I follow my own aesthetic impulses.

Just my opinion. Given the rare opportunity to actually provide feedback to one of the purveyors of entertainment, I went with it. Maybe the 'self-loathing' comment was overboard. I shouldn't have projected what I'd feel if I was the source of a lot of that schlock. Sorry.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Geez, I hope my hubby doesn't see this story! Makes me wonder... if you get the "7 year itch", could you use that as an excuse?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Why the insults? I follow my own aesthetic impulses.

Just my opinion. Given the rare opportunity to actually provide feedback to one of the purveyors of entertainment, I went with it. Maybe the 'self-loathing' comment was overboard. I shouldn't have projected what I'd feel if I was the source of a lot of that schlock. Sorry.

Backhanded apology but thanks anyway!

I agree, a lot of what passes for entertainment is schlock but I still have to make a living and I do what pays the bills as a SAG/AFTRA actor and crew with IATSE. I really have no say into content other than on my own projects. If my choice of subject matter offends you; don't watch it!!
My work is open to criticism and is readily available on utube, vimeo and festivals. If you want links, I will gladly provide them and your critiques, criticism and snarky comments are always welcome but it won't change how I approach the way I view reality or the way I choose to tell the story.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Poor guy.

If he'd have been a republican member of Congress, then HE'D be the one dead, conservative women know how to shoot.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Poor guy.

If he'd have been a republican member of Congress, then HE'D be the one dead, conservative women know how to shoot.

The only shooting I have ever heard about from conservative women was from the mouth.
Of course, that could have been what made this guy get tired of his wife in the first place.

Oh, and to butcherboy:
Atleast she gets heath care out of the deal.

I do hope everyone will realize "most" of this has been said in jest. It is a sad situation but crying won't make it any better.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
This is Missouri. I can see how this could have gone down.

Dude: "I'm tired of you."

Chick- "Show me."

BANG!

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

LoL..is it wrong that I laughed? This story, this thread, the posts, me laughing - the world has been reduced to a broken, surreal, sad, dystopian nightmare...

I think olaru is right to chronicle it, if we don't laugh, we'll cry.

edit on 7/10/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join