It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Iraq tells U.N. that 'terrorist groups' seized nuclear materials

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

(Reuters) - Insurgents in Iraq have seized nuclear materials used for scientific research at a university in the country's north, Iraq told the United Nations in a letter appealing for help to "stave off the threat of their use by terrorists in Iraq or abroad."

Nearly 40 kilograms (88 pounds) of uranium compounds were kept at Mosul University, Iraq's U.N. Ambassador Mohamed Ali Alhakim told U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon in the July 8 letter obtained by Reuters on Wednesday.

Exclusive: Iraq tells U.N. that 'terrorist groups' seized nuclear materials

I thought US obtained all the Nuclear Material and "Yellowcake" and shipped it to the US and Canada for storage?

Is this another excuse for US/NATO to go all out with a redeployment into the M.E?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I thought Iraq didn't have WMD's !

That was 'proven' beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Now they do ! ! !

Someone is lying.

Feel free to fighting among yourselves as to who.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: CALGARIAN

The article doesn't tell us how these were accessed and hasn't this happened before? I am hoping these people won't know what to do with the stuff. Even if they do, if the uranium isn't enriched it will take years to get them to the level of a weapon.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Dianec

There is a similar article in one of the news forums.

It was stolen from a University.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
this is really going to hell in a hand bag now, so if this is actually correct in some fashion what level of extreme BS have we been told over the last decade.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Makes me wonder if it was an organized operation from their end or just a grab whatever you find on your path situation.

Everything about IS makes me ask only one question , For what purposes are these people being allowed to do this ?

Fall guy ?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
A false flag is in the air, can't you smell it?

top topics

join