It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is and what is ISIS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Strangely I seem to get most of my news from this site.
Does that say something about me or you?

Anyway I have been reading about ISIS and feel I am left in the dark.
Are they Sunny or Shiite
Whats their intentions or plans, and why.

It seems to get more serious daily and I feel I am in a knowledge vacuum regarding their agenda, their motivation.
Anybody care to explain the politics, religion of their movement and why it is so well supported

Why do they want to destroy Mecca

yes I read Wikipedia about their formation but it doesnt answer what their plan is in relation to the supposed global takeover, if there is one

Anybody, thanks for the expected reply

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

They are the unmitigated end result of Islam.

They are predominantly Sunni, but there are some clandestine Shiites among them that are hellbent on fullfillment of twisted prophecies.

imo

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
A private contractor working for western and Israeli interests. Similar to the old Blackwater, Craft and Al Qaeda.

I am sure the ones that claimed AQ was workimg for the US in the fall of 2001 were called crazy too.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
A private contractor working for western and Israeli interests. Similar to the old Blackwater, Craft and Al Qaeda.

I am sure the ones that claimed AQ was workimg for the US in the fall of 2001 were called crazy too.

ISIS:

I
See
Intelligence
Services

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Welcome to the crowd .One thing most commentators seem to all agree on is no one know who or what this group is and it's intentions are .Could they be the little horn ? imo they might just be .They seem to be more of a result of many things ,then a group with a base or a plan you can figure out . One thing the little horn does is up root 3 other horns ,so that might be worth watching for .SA ,Jordan are two that come to my mind at the moment . This vid is constructed from end time bible prophecy that might paint a picture of what might be coming soon to that part of the world .

Our World: Turkey’s high-risk power play Like Iran Erdogan aims to destroy the global order and replace it with an Islamic empire. www.jpost.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: demus

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

ISIS:

I
See
Intelligence
Services

Haha. Too good!

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
ISIS is yet another CIA front like Al CIAda

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Whatever they are, it's not good that they're picking up converts. It means that they're either really seductive which means their leader has charisma or their movement does or both, or it means they're just that ruthlessly scary that people are too cowed to resist or a mix of the two.

Let's be honest. They're picking up converts and they're threatening the most holy places of Islam, knocking over mosques from both Sunni and Shia traditions (they're targeting Sufi sites too, but Sufis are sort of despised in the ME I think), they'e executed Sunni clerics who've openly preached against them, they destroyed the tombs of Jonah and Seth (two OT prophets who are revered in all three faiths: Judaism, Christianity and Islam) and they're still rolling along apparently without stopping.

Oh, and they've now stolen nuclear material.

I'm not sure exactly what these guys are, but they're getting a little worrisome for what I'm not seeing yet.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I though I would add this piece from someone who has studied on the subject .

WHAT THE NEW CALIPHATE MEANS FOR WORLD
Exclusive: Joel Richardson says the potential for lone-wolf terrorism just skyrocketed www.wnd.com...

The potential implications for the world are absolutely profound. First, according to Islamic jurisprudence, once a caliph has been declared, it is mandatory upon all Muslims to make a pledge of allegiance to the sitting caliph, known in Arabic as the bay’ah. The bay’ah translated is as follows:

“I pledge my allegiance to the Commander of the Faithful, to hear and obey, in hardship and in blessings, to establish the religion of Allah, and to enforce Allah’s Shariah, and to expand the order of Allah, to establish the global Islamic state.”

According to various hadith (Muslim sacred traditions found outside of the Quran), if one does not make the pledge, he will die the death of jahiliyya, or as a non-Muslim, and should be treated as a non-Muslim:

“[W]hen he stands before Allah on the Day of Judgment, and one who dies without having bound himself by an oath of allegiance (to an Amir) will die the death of one belonging to the days of Jahillyya.” (Abu Muslim 20: 4562)

Read more at www.wnd.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

They have nuclear material now.

www.bbc.co.uk...

However it's being played down by the Atomic Energy Agency

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Yes, but there's got to be some procedure to declaring a Caliph beyond just making a video and releasing it to the media, otherwise we'd be hip deep in would be Caliphs.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
It seems to me ISIS is the army of the 12 Imam ("Black flags from Khorasan" raising out of the East to conquer lands occupied by Muslims until they reach Israel.

The "Black flags from Khorasan" (ISIS uses these flags).

Here are some interesting links:
"Abu Abdullah Nuaim Ibn Hammad on a chain of transmission on the authority of Al Zuhari who said " The black flags will come from the East, led by mighty men, with long hair and beards, their surnames are taken from the names of their home towns (i.e. Khosti or from Khost etc.) "

[Asmal Masalik Lieyyam Mahdiyy Maliki Li Kull-id Dunya Biemrillah-il Malik, Qalda bin Zayd]

aka Al Bagdadi from Bagdad, their current general

another one:
"If you see the Black Banners coming from Khurasan go to them immediately, even if you must crawl over ice, because indeed amongst them is the Caliph, Al Mahdi."

[Narrated on authority of Ibn Majah, Al-Hakim, Ahmad]

Caliph of Al Mahdi.... sounds like a new Islamic Caliph of the 12th Imam aka 12th Mahdi

Another one:
"Surely Black Flag will appear from the Khorasan until the people(under the leadership of this flag) will tie their horses with the Olive Trees between Bait-e-Lahya and Harasta. We asked are there any Olive trees between these places. He said,”If there isn’t then soon it will grow so that those people(of Khorasan) will come and tie their horses there.”

[Ref: Kitab-al-Fitan Page 215. Also at Page 108 in the book “Islam main Imam Mahdi ka Tasawer” by Maulana Professor Muhammad Yousaf Khan,Jamia Ashrafia Lahore,Pakistan.]

Bait-e-Lahya = northern Gaza strip
Harasta = Syrian city

aka they want to extend from Iran/Iraq through Jordan to Syria and Gaza to set up their new Caliph.

last one:
"There is a Hadith of Prophet Muhammad (SAW) about the symbols of the Judgment day that people with the Black Flag will rise up from the land of Khurasaan to fight against Kuffar Alliances in the Final War of Armageddon."

Kuffar = non-believers

I believe ISIS thinks they are the army of the 12th Imam; the army of the "Black flags from the East" and they plan to set up a new Caliph which extends from Iran to Gaza uniting all Muslims (or killing them) as they accomplish what they believe are the requirements for Armageddon.

All quotes as well as a myriad of other information was found at:
blackflags1.blogspot.com...

God Bless,

edit on 10-7-2014 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Nice addition, it fits in exactly with my research.

God Bless,

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I am not sure how they could or would go about creating it .It's not like it's in some law journal but the instructions may be within the Islamic literature .I haven't studied it and can only trust those that seem to have .The reason why I mentioned the small horn that comes up and up roots 3 others from scripture tells me that the horn starts out small from within the region and is a separate entity that becomes the controlling factor . Later in scripture when the small horn beast is destroyed and cast into the lake of fire the 3 other beast loose their status but are allowed to exist . a reply to: ketsuko

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

That's what I mean. I agree with you they certainly are running the playbook straight out of prophecy, but are they the actual fulfillment or are they just trying to use it?

That's what I'm still trying to determine ...

In the end, if enough people buy into it, does it matter? I'm not sure it does.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Thank you for the link . I am reading it now and find it quite interesting . God bless and look up . a reply to: ElohimJD

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

In the end, if enough people buy into it, does it matter? I'm not sure it does.

Perfectly stated Ketsuko!

I have always thought an army wearing black under the black flag would arise out of the East and accomplish the goals ISIS have set out to accomplish. It is fascinating to see it unfold in real life in real time, and yet so few Westerners know what this ISIS really is from a prophetic point of view. To label them "terrorists" is to miss a slew of amazing phenomenon witnessed at the times we are living through at the end of the age.

Their successful conquest from Iraq to Gaza is a pre-requisite for Islamic end time events to occur.

God Bless (and look up as the2ofusr1 said)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
My guess is that as they get more to commit to bay’ah the more bodies they will have at their dispatch .I think it's going to be a snow ball effect .They do subdue all of Israels enemy's which are the present Nations in the middle east .I guess we are going to have to watch to see how this unfolds . a reply to: ketsuko

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I found this video from a few days ago that explains this black army and their prophetic purpose.

It is interesting to say the least.

www.youtube.com...

God Bless,

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I was forgetting up until just a bit ago that this is all happening against the back drop of the tetrad which is supposed to be a harbinger of war for Israel and the Middle East. If that's accurate then we really can't expect things to de-escalate. Also, there are reports of ISIS-affiliated groups already in Gaza and they are making Hamas nervous because they are accusing Hamas of being too maderate.

According to an article by Gatestone Institute, there is photographic evidence showing that the terrorist group Islamic State of Iraq – also known as “The Islamic State” or ISIS – has begun operating in the Gaza Strip. Palestinian Authorities and Israeli security sources have said they are convinced some of the followers of ISIS in the Gaza Strip are responsible for some of the recent rocket attacks on Israel. And what is worse, Hamas says they seem to be losing control over dozens of terror cells belonging to ISIS and other groups.

Now, this is both sides saying this ... and we've seen that ISIS is not shy about striking out against anyone who doesn't fit their agenda, so if they don't like Hamas, they'll move against them just like they will against Israel. So why would the Hamas people be lying here?

Unfortunately for Hamas, they are obviously nervous about the presence of ISIS terrorists in Gaza Strip and they see them as a direct challenge to their rule. ISIS believes that Hamas is “too moderate” and is not doing enough to achieve the destruction of Israel. As a matter of fact, it is also reported that Hamas is doing all they can to contain any ISIS news in Gaza Strip from leaking to the world. Last month, Hamas sent police and militias to disperse an organized rally of ISIS followers in the Gaza Strip. They were celebrating recent “military victories” in Iraq.

As I said above, they seem to be gaining converts, and so long as this Caliph of theirs can keep delivering the victories and giving them the blood they want and have been promised for so long ... they may very well keep coming over and swelling his ranks.

You reap what you sow, and in the Middle East, they've been sowing this for a very long time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join