It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wife Logic: Not woman bashing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut

Hm. Well, if you try a different way, you might get a different response...

If not, then plan on "rinse and repeat." I wish you well and hope these type of things get worked out!

peace,
AB
edit on 10-7-2014 by AboveBoard because: an for an e - oops!

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Oh, it's common in political debates, too.

Haven't you seen it here? You start raising one point, and the person you are debating counters with a complete strawman rather than tackle the issue you just raised.

Basically, your wife is saying, "I don't want to discuss the dog thing because I have no answer for that. So, let's discuss the garbage because I can force you to defend that instead, and if you do that, you'll drop the whole dog thing."

It really has less to do with your wife's gender than her unwillingness to discuss the dog getting away from her.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
They should be trained to respond and obey simple commands at
the very least...I think that is your main problem.

Of course it is hard to find a good wife-training service like that
which is both affordable and convenient...but good luck

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: rival

LOL Rival, if i could hand you a beer right now

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Perhaps she has experienced some form of mental abuse before you got together and now she uses defense techniques to protect herself. My ole lady's ex was a huge abusive drunk-druggie and although I knew she was "damaged goods" from the experience, I didn't realize how badly that would effect our relationship. As a result, I rarely get a straight answer from her because her ex would bait her for a fight, so any question you ask her now, you will normally get an answer that is ambiguous or basically the opposite from what you'd expect, but upon further questioning, you'll get to what she really meant.

You have to be careful to word your questions in a way that is not accusing or could be twisted to cause a fight. Just be as nice and polite as possible and realize that you may never get a truthfully straight answer and be content with the knowledge that you know the actual situation.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut
a reply to: AboveBoard
In her defense, this dog is extremely intelligent

This may be the funniest quote I've seen on ATS. Mind if I add it to my signature with credit to you? I'm laughing like somebody put something in my drink.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: chasingbrahman

sure , go for it

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I am in real life like on ATS. She doesnt lile me using the term "logical fallacy", so we get along fine.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Solution posted here...this very same day

www.abovetopsecret.com...

"Missouri man shoots wife because he ‘got tired of her’"

Bobby Leonard was placed under arrest, and advised of his rights. He then asked if his wife was dead. Wheetley told him that his wife was not dead, and “I asked Bobby what happened.” “I got tired of her and shot her,” Bobby Leonard allegedly replied.

Let ATS be your friend

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

So there I was trying to get the misses attention, nothing worked. I load up youtube with a gorgeous female doing a slow dance and say...wow look at her she's 50 with the perfect body! My wife who's 46 quickly looks at the screen "How can she be 50...she's not older than 30. My point being there are cues, triggers etc that you get to know intuitively after 26 years of marriage
As I post this I'm tensing ready to get her elbow in my ribs.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

That is absolutely brilliant.
you should impart more wife cues seeing as how you have been married for so long and neither of you have murdered the other

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

So we walk into Pizzahut, waiter dude says "where would you like to sit?"

"You choose honey"

Her: I don't mind

I chuckle "you'll only say you don't like my choice babs"

Her: Bah, just pick a table

"Ok" points out nice table to waiter "We'll sit there please"

Her: I don't want to sit there - I want that table

Me and waiter exchange amused looks and walk to table

"What on the telly hun?"

Her: Not much, have a flick and pick something if you like.

"Meh...I'm not bothered, I'm reading anyway"

Her: I can't be arsed, honestly, just pick something you like, your choice xxx

Soooo i puts on something I'm interested in after she can find nothing she wants to watch. It's probably about some dudes in the wilderness.

Her: We are so not watching that rubbish. Or that. And that show is crap too. You are such a knob. I want a cup of tea and you make them so much better than me.

In all honesty she probably does it on purpose because frankly it's fun to wind each other up, it's just foreplay really. If I'm completely honest though I'm way way ahead in the "being a dick" stakes (I put the hours in) and if she didn't try to piss me off too I wouldn't love her half as much as I do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join