It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus H Christ. There's a murder video floating around on Facebook

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Rob48

When I was 15, I slipped a VHS tape of Faces of Death into the class VCR when we were supposed to be watching a boring video. The teacher had left the room of course. Then the internet came out in the 90's and I began looking at dark matter purely out of curiosity. We all have a morbid fascination because it's natural to wonder about death.
Then I grew up.

If I jumped the gun then my bad. But it's not unrealistic to know how far these things can go. Take Luca Magnotta for instance (who's trial begins this fall fyi) and the trash websites that caters to morbid fascination. And that stupid auto play.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

In the 1980's...there was a very popular set of videos everyone watched called "Faces of Death". Like each was 2 hours of people dying, being murderd, executed, cut up, blown up, shot...and killed in front of you on the screen.

These where very much real and disgusting. What was more disgusting...is that we'd even watch such things.

(Some of what went on in these videos I cant even bring myself to explain or state here)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I saw faces of death 1,2,3 & 4 back when I was a teenager. Very disturbing, but allow me to help you out on those images, a lot of the human fatalities were faked.

40%

I found this out later on, and it actually helped to lessen the effect of the movies.
Although one part I saw still bugs the hell out of me, I won't say what part, but I know if I did, you would remember it and probably agree that it was very sad in multiple ways.

edit on 10-7-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic

originally posted by: FlySolo
a reply to: nugget1

Not going back to check but I think I saw 11k shares already. If it's not in your FB yet...it will be.

Maybe you shouldn't be following that person then?

I don't expect it to be posted by any friends of mine.

Thank you for your advice.
I don't know everybody on my 'friends' list personally, but I have become acquainted with others in far-away places. Reminds me of the 'pen pal' days when I was a kid, and I'm willing to give almost anyone one chance.

P.S. I don't EXPECT this kind of thing to be posted by anybody- no matter how well I do or don't know them.
edit on 40000001010America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: To add comment

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Don't forget the satanic cannibalism. Yeah, I've seen lots of stuff and I'll always be that curious type. But then I ask myself, do I need to see this? What benefit will it be to me? I guess it all comes down to the context of the video. Now Human Centipede? Ha I can laugh at that.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
This makes me think of a lot of the things I see shared on facebook that should clearly be a violation of facebook policy or terms of use. These people get cut from my friends. Videos including murder, sever beatings, horrific animal abuse videos. People make me sick, how can they watch some of these horrible things and then turn around and share it to make sure others view? Children don't need to see these things.

The video in question (fake as it surely is) should not be shared on a social networking site that allows children on it, when you have to be 17 to even pay to see an R-rated movie in a theater.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
The weirdest thing I saw recently was watching the Football match between Argentina and the Netherlands (9th July 2014). While they are panning the camera through the crowds maybe halfway through, there's a picture of a woman with lots of red dots on her face looking upset (looking more like abrasions than anything else). It just didn't look like face paint.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: rival
We are all different. Some of us can watch a video like this without
any distress. Some of us are squeamish at the sight of blood. Some
of us are frightened by the cliche Hollywood "starle-scare", like the
Youtube "sudden-scary-face-scream videos."

Personally, I hate the fail videos where people get hurt. But films like
Faces of Death, and IRL death don't faze me. Unless I see suffering,
or the grief of someone who lost a loved one, I have no problem.

Still, it is pretty insensitive to the reactions of others (enough of them to
be significant) to post something like this without a warning label.

Of course you could delete your Facebook account in protest...
...I'd be HIGHLY in favor of that

I agree.

IRL, I have my Marine Corps switch that turns on in emergency situations. When that switch is on, I can handle just about anything...blood, gore, death, survival or whatever. But when I'm at home in "green light" relax mode, I don't want to see that crap. I don't appreciate wanton or random violence.

I don't like to see snuff videos, or amputations or anything of the like. I know it happens, but I don't want it in my home.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
My now deceased friend once posted a video on facebook that didn't tell you what its contents were, and I watched, and it was a real police interrogation room film where a guy actually didn't get frisked and he blows his head off with a nine millimeter. i was disgusted i was like how you gonna post that where your kids can see it and I think she took it down. messed with me for a little while. still love her though great person

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   
You know that was a trial video using the Adobe software After Effects? It's used for a lot of post production video effects, I'm starting to learn on it now

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

Yea, I have been made aware lol. Well, what can I say

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I have never had a video auto play on my feed. Weird.

Yea those kinds of vids don't belong on there. You can alert it for graphic content and it will be removed. Report it as well.

I know my ex years ago had me watch this video. I didn't know what was going to happen and when it started I will never forget it. It was of that man who had his head cut off by the Taliban after 9/11. He was a contractor or something. I will NEVER forget that image and I dont know why my bf thought I'd want to see that. It freaked me out so bad. It is an image that can't be unseen.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
First of all, you can switch off the 'auto play' function on FB, I know that because I have it switched off.

Secondly if a 'friend' would post anything that I really hate, that person would be warned and then blocked. I am saying that because I blocked my own sister and sister-in-law for posting animal cruelty pictures in order to 'spread awareness'.
I told them to next time not include me in their postings, they didn't listen, blocked and peace of mind.

OP really, you are dealing with strangers on the internet, even if they call themselves friends,are thy really your bosom-buddies? Stop blaming your naivite on the clip you watched, blame your aquaintance and acknowledge that you are just not savvy enough to spot a fake, but let others have their right to watch stuff like that.

If your kids accidentally click on something like that, then your safety settings are not up to scratch; but I fear that most kids nowadays would have spotted this as a fake shooting long before you did. End of.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Interesting bitter/sweet tone you have with your post. Not only once, but twice you call me naive. And the savvy part was and extra bonus. You must be a woman. Actually miss, or Mrs. I am savvy. As I had already mentioned, savvy enough to know real snuff makes it out there into the public domain. It would be VERY naive of me to think otherwise. And I'm savvy enough to pick out your gender based on your writing style. But putting all that saucy savvyness aside, I disagree to that notion you think this crap should be allowed on public forms. There's websites for that. Just the same as when I block out religious memes from my FB. There's churches for that too. Kudos on the animal cruelty blocking though. At least you have some common sense.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
What's so wrong with her being a woman?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: FinalAccount2008

Absolutely nothing.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

ok