It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abbott betrays legacy of Aussie wwii veterans!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Tony Abbott accused of going too far over Japan’s war record

Considering Abbot considers himself such conservative in the vain of Gordon Menzies plus the fact with the recent D day celebrations in France he was flattering all the veteran diggers with the terms "national treasures" I thought this recent out burst in the article was very much beyond the pale especially considering abbot was not even born in Australia, yet unfortunately the guy is still Australia's PM making stupid awkward statements constantly.
In this case even the chinese have more respect & honour for their history and the legacy of their troops and people than a cheap whore like abbots portrays us here in Australia. The only guy with no honour here is PM Abbott.

During his speech in federal Parliament this week welcoming Japanese leader Shinzo Abe, Mr Abbott described the “skill and honour” of Japanese submariners who attacked Sydney Harbour in 1942. “We admired the skill and the sense of honour that they brought to their task, although we disagreed with what they did. Perhaps we grasped, even then, that with a change of heart the fiercest of opponents could be the best of friends,” Mr Abbott said.

wwii pacific theatre veteran states;

“They were good soldiers, but they were also bloody cannibals and I saw dead Australian troops whose arm muscles had been cut out for food,” Mr Griffiths, of Canberra, said. “Japan is trying to forget the past, but for those who were there we can’t forget,” he

edit on 10-7-2014 by 74joff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: 74joff

I think the comments were made just for political gain. But i also think they were stupid comments, especially considering the fact that it would not only offend our veterans, but China as well. As far as i am aware, it has done both. If i were Abbott, I would be looking for closer ties with China, and commenting on such matters does nothing for that.

The political relationship with Japan has already significantly increased. There is no need to throw our relationship with China into strain by commenting on such volatile matters. The comments themselves probably had a minimal affect on the Australian-Japanese relations anyway (if at all).
edit on 10-7-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

For decades now, Australian Prime Ministers have come and gone virtually un-noticed by this side of the world, but this Abbott fellow has put Oz on the political map in the same way our Mayor Ford has for Toronto.

A Butts statements about MH370 demonstrate his subservience to a foreign power and the stories coming out of the Antipodes these days about immigration restrictions, racism,the auto industry, coal mining, violent crime and shark culling paint a most horrific picture of, what had been considered by myself as, a tropical paradise.

My condolences.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
IMHO I seriously think he is deliberately trying to offend China, and if its not him its his handlers at the IPA. Just about everything this clown has done has been an attack on our values and our way of life.

I'm not going to be able to live with another 3 years of this despot.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital
The point is what happened to "Lest we Forget" suddenly abbott is behaving as he couldn't care less about the veterans or their sacrifices yet most times in the media so much hoopla is made of all things military and war related.
We here in Australia are constantly told to look to our diggers as examples of people to emulate,yet it seems with politicians their motivations for doing this stuff seems to just show how insincere they are about this. In sense I am not just blaming Abbott I could imagine Gillard, Shorten or any Aussie Pm doing much the same however.
All this false military posturing has to stop some time while commemorations & reflections for the dead of WW1 & II is admirable.
All this other pro militarist hubris that conservatives and msm carry on with could do with a rest because they are just not sincere.
I think many REAL Australians can see the phoney civic nationalist(jingoism) hubris for what it is fake and worthless!.
All civil services are put a pedestal they don't deserve especially the phallic centred ones where they can carry weapons & use reasonable force (coppers etc...) Stupid Freemasons and their phoney civic values be dammed!.

edit on 11-7-2014 by 74joff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

immigration restrictions, racism,

Not sure what you mean in regards to those? Immigrtion restrictions bull#.
I cant tell you for a fact more people coming on planes with passports or working VISAs than ever.
As for Racism what Racism can you be specific. Any racism down here compared to something like EDL or UKIP in UK very small fry indeed.

Any of the do gooder pc crowd from the anglo west, that jump up and down,about racism should look at Ukraine right now and see how Nato backed neo Nazis never had it so good. Even rabbis meet with putin these days to discuss concerns!.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Well I can say this. I will not support abbot if my life depended on it but our WW2 soldiers fought for our right to make our own decisions and govern ourselves.

Those brave men thankfully repelled an aggressor who would have taken us over.

One thing the ole diggers did not fight for was for some supposed right to impose their ideas on us and to determine who we will or will not have as friends with in the future. If that's what they thought they were fighting for then they are plan wrong.

Times change mate as I'm sure you know and I certainly think we could have worse friends than the Japanese. Trouble lurks for Australia in Asia and I font think its Japan.

cheers

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: learnatic

One thing the ole diggers did not fight for was for some supposed right to impose their ideas on us and to determine who we will or will not have as friends with in the future. If that's what they thought they were fighting for then they are plan wrong.

Why are you so sure you know what the diggers fought for? Many post b boomer generations claim to speak for WWI or WWII veterans yet they always put their own spin what they think they fought for based on their own revisionist ideas of liberal,progressive tolerance since the 1960s civil rights era.
Infact the truth is Australia had the "White Australia policy" legislated prior to WWII & infact they fought for something quite racist"e.g by todays standards the term "Yellow Peril" was used very often both WW2 and the Cold War period right up to the vietnam war as was the term gook for asians to justify the propaganda effort for berating the different racial fact or fiction about an asian enemy.

Not that troops in WW2 would have needed any motivation most civilians in those times were far more racist than today this was all sign of those times under white Australia policy even eugenics was popular then!.
Yes first and foremost AIF,RAAF,RAN etc..were defending the country from axis invasion however europeans superiority complex had large degree to do with creating this isolated and militarist japan in the 1920s-30s.The japanese under tojo definitely thought so, and held many racial grudges of their own.

As for Australia today in 2014 being free country do you honestly believe that? Australia is kind of corporate Plutocracy which owns nothing and like the US has a major foreign debt issue due to all this unregulated foreign investment. Infact if this foreign debt wasnt such an issue they would not have been calling for a tough a stingy austerity budget.

Times change mate as I'm sure you know and I certainly think we could have worse friends than the Japanese. Trouble lurks for Australia in Asia and I font think its Japan

Thats actually another reason i dont agree with you. I am firm believer in; "the more things change the more they stay the same" This definitely true in many asian cultures where traditions die hard. You cant judge asian cultures by the same standards as anglo ones the point is they are very serious about their traditions and national pride unlike anglo nations whom are real whores to hedonism since the 1960s.

Look at the kind of present day japanese that support Abe today in japan it wasnt even hard for me to find these;
or
truth is nothing has changed over there for 70 years and if it did change for a brief period its changed back again in large part due to Abe himself and the kind jap imperialists that voted for him!

Ofcause most cloud 9 Australians show no real interest in current affairs,what else is new in our age of hyper distraction. When the Voice is on freeview or Games thrones on foxtel. Zilch interest current affairs most in Australia even uni students!

So in summary Japan is not the lesser of evils when it comes to nth Asia and it would be foolish for the Australian governments to think so.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I could not believe Australian PM saying something like this at parliament house when I watched the news on 12 th july. Hehas just completely betrayed and forgot Australian history. How can we let this kind of idiot to be PM, now the reputation of Australia is dropping and criticizing a lot all over the world. I cannot see any future for all australian if this idiot is still acting like this. I think we should re-vote our PM if it is necessary. Finally, I wish this idiot to watch this documentary to be made by American editor. The documentary name is Diaoyu Island-The Truth. Idiot wake up please.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: lawrencengym
Welcome to ATS

You know cops came round my house for threatening Abbott on Facebook? True. We have reached that point.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: RifRAAF

I have just believed all the historical documentary. It is because it all are truth. We should let next generation to know how japanese army killed Australian at Australia, Malaysia, and Indonesia etc in WWII. So I dont think I am threatening him. Truth never be hidden. Otherewise he doesnt believe Australian history.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Fawning Abbott and the honour of Shinzo Abe
Source
edit on 20-7-2014 by 74joff because: (no reason given)

top topics

join