It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Melbourne, tonight, 10th July 2014

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Not sure of the validity of the claims that some people saw it for 2 minutes, and change it's direction.

It was travelling quite slowly, certainly slow enough to gain the attention of the other group of people in the rooftop garden. As for changing direction, I only saw it travelling in one direction, with no change.

originally posted by: JimOberg

originally posted by: cuckooold

The exact time was 21:43, and I remembered checking immediately afterward, so possibly minus 30 seconds. I'll try to upload a map later when I'm at home and have access to a computer, but if I had to hazard a guess in its direction, I'd guess probably coming in from the N/NE, and headed S/SW (although I may be out here, a map may clarify). Some of the videos I have viewed show it descending, but it looked like it was travelling level to the horizon when I saw it.

Good stuff, what's the GMT time please? It does seem a match for the reentry.

At one point in the near-horizontal descent, which CAN take 100 seconds or more to cross the sky, the object as big as this breaks into flaming fragments that fly on in 'perfect formation'. This OFTEN leads to witnesses interpreting it as windows on a large mothership UFO. From this description that would have occurred down Tasmania way or farther.

We are GMT +10 here, so I assume it would be 11:43 am.
edit on 11-7-2014 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: cuckooold

We are GMT +10 here, so I assume it would be 11:43 am.

BINGO.

Dr McDowell had tweeted that the object was: "Object 40077, 3rd stage from Meteor-M launch, reentered over Australia at about 1145 UTC Jul 10".Dr McDowell had tweeted that the object was: "Object 40077, 3rd stage from Meteor-M launch, reentered over Australia at about 1145 UTC Jul 10".

Also, I misread an earlier message, the motion was S to N, so the disintegration and fireball swarm would be to the north over mid-desert.
edit on 11-7-2014 by JimOberg because: punctuation

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Here's an old Russian report of fifty years ago, one of the first times this happened.

www.jamesoberg.com...

Ignore the text and just look at the hundred drawings from the same event -- half perceived correctly the fireball, half saw the swarm as illumination points on a structured object. Today we call those phantom craft "UFO motherships".

<< 1   >>

join