It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Home invasion, beat and threaten to kill, out on $500 bail? Only if you'rea a cop.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

According to a police report filed in Westborough District Court on Thursday, the veteran Worcester police officer went to his ex-wife’s Shady Lane home on June 17 and began banging on the door, yelling to be let in while yelling profanities.

"According to (the ex-wife), her ex-husband was in his full Worcester Police Department uniform at the time he forced his way into her house and he did have his gun, which was holstered in his belt/waist area," the report said.

Stout then went to a bedroom, where he attacked his ex-wife’s "companion" by "grabbing him by the neck and punching him several times, striking him in the face and neck area," the report said.

Throughout the attack, Stout yelled "I will kill you," over-and-over

Classy.

Studies done by law enforcement institutions have shown cops are domestic abusers at higher rates than the general population and more prone to violent outbursts than the general population. See: The Rapist and the Cop

This is him here. The midget, second from the left:
Link to picture source with caption.

Out on $500 bail.

Forcing your way into someones home is itself a felony I believe. Entering to commit assault and being armed with a dangerous weapon makes it first degree home invasion, doesnt it?

Home invasion in the first degree is a felony punishable by imprisonment for not more than 20 years or a fine of not more than $5,000.00, or both.

I wonder if I would have gotten out on $500 bail.
edit on 10-7-2014 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

[SNIP]

Just shows that cops can do whatever they want and get away with it. If the "guest" in the house had beat the cop down he would be in jail and he would not be facing $500 in bail (if he wasn't shot).
edit on 7/10/2014 by kosmicjack because: removed OT content

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun
Drums, seriously. We do have a problem here in the US.

I have a family member, who was a commander in a city that I believe was number 1 or 2 as the most crime ridden in the US. He has since retired. This man also points these cases out to us family members all the time. He is ashamed. That says a lot, at least to me.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: thisguyrighthere

Where is the link to the evidence???

If you're going to quote content from an outside source you've gotta at least supply a link or acknowledge the source itself. You do have a source, don't you? What you provided was a link to one of your previous threads-which itself doesn't provide any evidence whatsoever to the accusations you have made.

We get it, you hate cops. But the next time you decide to go on a tirade at least provide evidence of these crimes that allegedly occurred rather than posting what you perceive as evidence.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Here you go chief: Worcester Cop Charged with Home Invasion

I thought I put it under the second quoted text but either I forgot or accidentally deleted it.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Obviously there is a double standard.

Now it's time for the wife to lawyer up with a mad dog attorney and sue her ex. the city, the dept. and county.

Get a restraining order against her ex and her "companion" should file a separate suit as well.

edit on 10-7-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Yes, you would most likely get out on $500 bail for an assault and battery charge, via a bail bondsman. Not technically $500 bail, but you would only be out the $500 regardless.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

Your right you pay a percentage but what he did should be easily 2 felonies which should be over 10k in bail imo.
And you pay anywhere form 10-15% of your bail go a bondsman, so 500 still seems pretty low for this violent of a crime.
Charged with 4 crimes, 2 of them violent crimes and he only had a 5k bail?? And i assume that based on what he paid to get out.
You can get 5k for 1 felony possession charge
edit on thThu, 10 Jul 2014 11:59:48 -0500America/Chicago720144880 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

$500 for a home invasion?

$200,000 bail set for home invasion suspect
$25,000 bail for home invasion suspect

Neither of these involved assault either. Just thefts. They did have weapons. But so did the cop.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I work for a police department. I've seen non-police personnel commit very similar crimes and get out on bond all the same. So, I don't believe that is any form of special treatment. However, a police officer should be the last person to act in such a way. It's an embarrassment and reflects badly on good, honest officers everywhere. Also, the reason he wasn't charged for the weapon is likely because he left it holstered. If he had un-holstered and pointed it, then that's a definite charge. I would hope his career is over. I would also hope the judge makes an example out of him in court as well. reply to: thisguyrighthere

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Also, the reason he wasn't charged for the weapon is likely because he left it holstered.

I bet in most states just having it in your possession counts as the same.

charged with home invasion, assault and battery, breaking and entering, trespassing and threatening to commit a crime.

No mention w/ a firearm. Isn't Mass a big gun law state?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

The law states that whoever, while in the commission of or the attempted commission of an offense which may be punished by imprisonment in the state prison, has in his possession or under his control a firearm, rifle or shotgun shall, in addition to the penalty for such offense, faces a mandatory five year state prison sentence. If that firearm is found to be a large capacity weapon or machine gun, faces a mandatory ten year state prison sentence.
link

Holstered or not it was in his possession. If they find a gun in the car you were driving when you committed the felony that gun was in your possession during the felony even if it was in the trunk locked up.

And yes, MA is a hellscape for gun rights. They will routinely violate federal law and lock you up just for transporting guns through the state if you're pulled over and they find out you have any in the vehicle. Even locked away as per federal law. The state will happily let you rot in a cell and lose your job and your life while they drag their feet eventually getting around to setting you free.
edit on 10-7-2014 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I just remembered another thread that I think has a lot of crossover value here:
MA Coalition of Police Oppose New Gun Control Bill. Guess Why.

In short, the MA Coalition of Police is worried that if this bill were to pass too many of their cops would lose the ability to have a firearm due to past misdemeanors.

Seems the coalitions fears are not entirely unfounded given the behavior of this munchkin.

top topics

join