It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four kids, two adults shot dead near Houston

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

That's the crux of the debate. the mental case behind the gun.

The pro gun crowd here thinks EVERYONE regardless of how unstable should have enough firearms to start a small war.

This horrible action is the direct end result of the pro gun crowds line of thinking.

4 children, dead, two adults dead. and their solution is to shrug their shoulders and go " oh well".

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

The pro gun crowd here thinks EVERYONE regardless of how unstable should have enough firearms to start a small war. 

Why argue like a 5 year old with extreme comparisons and idiotic assumptions?

You know that's what people do when there not smart enough to counter an argument right?

Stop speaking for us. You can barely manage for yourself.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Wow this thread is still active? Crazy times, op I think it's obvious you failed epically at whatever you were trying to incite...

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaynkeel
Wow this thread is still active? Crazy times, op I think it's obvious you failed epically at whatever you were trying to incite...

Probably because must of us have been poked and prodded so many times we recognize a drive by thread when we see one.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: jaynkeel

I was trying to get people to have some semblance of understanding about gun violence.

You are right, I have failed.

No one gives a # about gun violence on this board.

they obviously welcome it, embrace it, and celebrate it.

All's well and good as long as gun owners get to keep their personal arsenal. Who cares how many innocent children die.

It's not like gun owners patrol the streets trying to make this country safer. Can't do that naw.

just let those criminals with guns keep em too.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

"Gun violence"????

So we should go out and arrest all of those offending guns that commit violence then. Funny, last time I checked a gun was a inanimate object that cannot do anything on it's own. Damn guns, always going out and killing someone. We need more laws against these law breaking guns. That's the only sensible position to be had.

Please, PLEASE, use your tried and true plan of insulting anyone who doesn't agree with you. PLEASE call me a gun nut so I can break out my bitch slapping hand.

You really need to research propaganda and how it's used, as you and this thread are a epic fail at what you are trying to accomplish. Keep on trying, though, as it's really enjoyable to watch you get the beat down that a troll deserves.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok
a reply to: jaynkeel

I was trying to get people to have some semblance of understanding about gun violence.

You are right, I have failed.

No one gives a # about gun violence on this board.

they obviously welcome it, embrace it, and celebrate it.

All's well and good as long as gun owners get to keep their personal arsenal. Who cares how many innocent children die.

It's not like gun owners patrol the streets trying to make this country safer. Can't do that naw.

just let those criminals with guns keep em too.

False Equivocation

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

That's the crux of the debate. the mental case behind the gun.

Many of these are domestic violence. People need to know that a relationship is over and move on. But too many can't accept that idea. The problem is that those people don't value their life, much less others.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

Actually while I have failed to persuade anyone that this country might need reasonable gun control laws.

I have confirmed that pro gun advocates will attack any person that goes against their ideology instead of arguing the issue itself.

But again, 4 children and 2 adults are dead at the hand of a madman with a gun, not a knife, not a car, a gun.

A gun that at this time we have to assume was bought and owned legally.

But it's still assumed that absolutely NOTHING can be done to curb gun violence.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

But it's still assumed that absolutely NOTHING can be done to curb gun violence.

Yes nothing, well besides the laws and procedures already in place that are showing a decrease in gun crimes over the last 20 years as per the FBI's own statistics. But let's not let facts and numbers get in the way of your emotional rhetoric.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
First I dont own a firearm.Regardless if anyone believes that banning guns will prevent murder, homicide are hopelessly dreaming.
edit on CDTThupm4361 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Why not focus on curbing violence in general?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawg61

I never said ban guns.

I said maybe we shouldn't allow people with serious mental health problems have firearms.

But people assumed and what do they say about people that assume?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

I'm getting this much flak for daring to suggest we do something about gun violence.

Id be burned at the stake for suggesting we curb all violence!

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Define reasonable. Since, obviously, no one here has been debating the issue for five pages I'd say you don't have any clue as to the definition of the term.

Also, guns can't be violent, nor can they commit crimes, hence why the term "gun violence" is a political tool used by those who have no leg to stand on, including you.

How can you assume that he bought the gun legally? Again, obviously, you have no clue as to whether the gun was bought legally or not so you are just making things up.

So please, keep on keeping on. It's threads like this that show how ignorant the anti-gun issue and it's advocates are. You have yet to say anything logical and your propaganda is clearly not working.

You have the right to say what you want. You also have the right to be as dumb as a bag of sleeping rocks.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

i don't think anyone here has anything at all against curbing gun violence, or even putting a complete stop to it for that matter. The key thing though is to go deeper than to simply take the stick out of the childs hand, we must look at the underlying root problem our society has.

Guns have been in our cabinets in this country since it's inception, the violence is something new. Sure there have allways been shootings, but not like this.

Something is eating at peoples souls, twisting their minds. Moral decay? psycho active pharmaceuticals? I don't know, something. IMO focusing on the problem is more important than the tool.

Take away the stick, they pick up a rock.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I have confirmed that pro gun advocates will attack any person that goes against their ideology instead of arguing the issue itself.

Did you confirm that before or after completely ignoring my attempt to discuss the issue of *anti*depressants in each of these snap cases?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
For everyone using this as an attack on gun rights, you have no argument against the thousands of rapes, murders, robberies, car jackings and any other crime committed that could have been prevented or at least given the victim(s) a better shot of survival/not having it committed against them had they been armed. Not to mention many, if not most of these crimes that were committed with firearms were done so with unregistered/illegal weapons.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
So lets break it down so you can understand:
We aren't responsable for criminals and crazies,we really couldn't care less about how it FEELS ,there are complex issues you clearly are illequiped to cope with. Like the realities of violence and it's function on our world.
And you refuse the info because you are indoctrinated to a PC program that is a failed function unto itself.
Don't worry reality has a way way of clarifying things where books and the media can't help you any more that is where things get messy,then WE clean it up and YOU start ALL over by teaching your offspring.
edit on 10-7-2014 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

a reply to: TDawg61

I never said ban guns.

I said maybe we shouldn't allow people with serious mental health problems have firearms.

But people assumed and what do they say about people that assume?

Would you band guns if you could? Be honest...
If you take the time to truly listen to the other side of this issue you may learn where gun bands lead.
It would be good to not have ever invented any modern weapon, but that ship has sailed.
Keeping guns out of the hands of sick and evil people is a good plan, but you have only said that about mental cases.
There are laws already on the books to restrict the sale of guns to the bad and crazies.
The right to keep private a persons medical records prevents us from sharing that information with gun stores.
I could tell you how to murder on a much more massive scale without the use of a gun, but it sounds like you are suffering from some abnormal fear problem.
I'll not feed that fear by sharing that with you.
It would be helpful if you would buy and read a book called: "More Guns, Less Crime".
The facts speak for themselves... If you read and comprehend.
Take a deep breath and do your research.
The number one instrument used to commit murder in this country is NOT a gun! Surprised?
Do your homework! Then we may work together to find a way to reduce the murder rate in this nation...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join