It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four kids, two adults shot dead near Houston

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Ah, i see, so thus is a state level failure? So therefore it would be difficult to pun this on holder's incompetence as was previously suggested.

Well, since state attorney general's are charged with this failure, shouldn't they be accountable?

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok
Ah, i see, so thus is a state level failure? So therefore it would be difficult to pun this on holder's incompetence as was previously suggested.

There is failure at every level of the government. Local, state and federal.

Well, since state attorney general's are charged with this failure, shouldn't they be accountable?

It is more than just a state-level failure.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

So now you are against free speech.

So. Not only are you a Progressive. You are a Big Govt Progressive who doesn't like opposition.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

Oh really?

www.law.cornell.edu...

You are right, some laws need to be enforced.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I love that you use Cornell Law soooo much. The Progressive nod must be humungous for doing so.

But..........since there is that freedom of speech thing, you failed to actually realize that the law comes into play once someone works to carry out such things.

So, from a car detailer to a mental illness expert to a law professional.

You really are talented.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Yes freedom of speech doesn't cover sedition.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

This is a very recent law and I think, based on the Constitution's wording, may be found unconstitutional if challenged.

United States Constitution Article 3, Section 3.1: Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

edit on 26-7-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Why does a "carwash guy" read cornel law?

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Maybe, but none the less, it should be enforced right?

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Maybe, but none the less, it should be enforced right?

No, I think the right to free speech trumps an insecure government. The Alien and Sedition Acts, the Sedition Act of 1918, et al are the result of insecurity on the part of the elected officials. Saying a government should be overthrown and following through with that thought are two entirely separate things.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
www.thetruthaboutguns.com...

dailycaller.com...

freedomoutpost.com...

THREE SOURCES THAT QUOTE jOE bIDEN SAYING THEY DO NOT PROSECUTE PEOPLE WHO LIE on 4473

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: spirited75

That is a shame, they really should be doing that, along with other laws.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Wow! Sedition?

Would that be when you take the oath of office to Preserve, Protect, and Defend the US Constitution against all enemies, Foreign and "Domestic"?
edit on 26-7-2014 by waltwillis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

WOW. You really have no clue.

My guess is that you are a Political Science Minor, to a Liberal College.

Your understanding of law is very odd, and not so correct.

Just as I do in fact, along with every other US citizen, have the right to walk into a crowded theater and yell "fire", I do have the right, under free speech, to say things within the nature of the Govt being removed and returned back to the people.

Your really out of your league here with law, statutes and exactly how they are applied and read for that matter.

But, besides Google, and the obvious Progressive leaning, where exactly have you gleaned your knowledge of such things?

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

listen and i will explain this without pictures.

The justice department is the parent agency for BATFE (bureau of alcohol tobacco firearms and explosives). Form 4473 is a form issued by BATFE to all FFL holders (FFL is federal firearms lisence) If someone lies on 4473 it is a FEDERAL offense, has nothing to do with state attorney generals, county attorneys or city attorneys, it is a FEDERAL OFFENSE which means that since BATFE has no prosecutorial privilege it is referred to the US attorneys office Justice Department (currently ERIC HOLDER) and they are the people who just shrug and fail to prosecute.

so the truth is it is in the lap of Holder, Obama and Biden, three of the biggest anti gun political hacks excepting feinstein and schumer.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

did you not read what i wrote?

they're not unenforceable. people are just "disinterested" (i don't feel like it)

and it's been going on for a while...it's not limited to this administration...

what the hell are you on about?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   

it's only sedition if you commit a physical act, other wise, it's just talk, which is covered by the first amendment, as an inalienable right...it's also been determined that any law that violates the constitution is to be considered a non-law...the USC is BELOW the constitution in priority..

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

Planning, or attempting to incite revolution just like any terrorist act can be disrupted by the authorities. Don't kid yourself.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   

it is not, repeat not a state attorney general's purview to prosecute these crimes.

Think for once, if it was the state or county attorney who was supposed to prosecute
wouldn't there be a patchwork of various levels of enforcement across the nation?

Let me explain further, there would be some states that prosecuted every case and some states that did not prosecute any of them and the remainder of the states would fall somewhere inbetween>

hautwork, you have very limited practical knowledge and you should have brought a pencil and a blank legal pad to this thread.

now we are off topic and on to sedition and revolution and other tangential subjects.

edit on 27/7/2014 by spirited75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: spirited75

And i acknowledged that those laws should be strictly enforced.

What the hell else do you want me to say on the subject?

You're right, there are laws that aren't being enforced. They should be.

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44 >>

join