It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four kids, two adults shot dead near Houston

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok
I get it now, you are all afraid that if harder restrictions against the mentally ill come to pass, you all won't be able to live your fantasy of a real life first person shooter game without the consequences aren't you?

Well, if it were up to me, your fears would be quite well justified. lol

Huh? I don't even like the first person shooter genre of video games (its boring and mindless), why would I want to enact it in real life? Oh wait, this is the same terrible hyperbole and projection *cough*trolling*cough* that you've been doing to us the whole thread.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

So if those laws are on the books, then what's the problem? We need to be stricter on the mentally ill? How much stricter?

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

a reply to: Daedalus
Who is saying anything about ban? Why do I constantly have to repeat that Daedalus? When are you going to get over that? That's dishonest Daedalus, I don't want a gun ban, just better more effective gun control measures to make sure that guns aren't getting into the hands of people that would use them for harm.

and you're being dishonest.....because the solutions you suggest are a ban in all but name...

Why ban a gun? It's an inanimate object.

you say the words, but i have a hard time believing that you mean them...

Hammers have utility beyond being a weapon.

Bats have utility beyond being a weapon.

Knives have utility beyond being a weapon.

so because they have utility beyond being used as a weapon, it's ok then, that they're used for violent acts?

if you look at this table, you see that quite a lot of people are killed with the above mentioned tools, in addition to ones i didn't mention....should those things be more tightly restricted?

Guns have absolutely no utility beyond being a weapon.

untrue...in a pinch, an unloaded handgun can be used as a hammer, it can be used to start a fire, in a survival situation, it can be used to secure food, a rifle can be used for a number of other things in a pinch....

how about crossbows...they're super dangerous...should they be more tightly regulated as well?
edit on 7-23-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

a reply to: macman
Less people, less crime.

it's funny....you state this as a fact, yet you dismiss it when it suits you....like when you ask what other countries are doing right, and someone states that those countries have less people, and that less people means less crime...

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

for the THIRD time, since you see fit to ignore me twice before....where are you getting this?

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

More like just making sure the mentally ill get the evaluation and care they need, if their pcp is confident the person is not a danger to themselves or others no restriction would be necessary.

People with obvious paranoid delusions of a fascist government that can only be taken out with small arms? Maybe they might need meds.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t

More like just making sure the mentally ill get the evaluation and care they need, if their pcp is confident the person is not a danger to themselves or others no restriction would be necessary.

So what say you to the fact that different psychiatrists can have differing ideas of the severity of your mental illness? If I get denied by one, couldn't I go to another and get them to check up on me? What about cases like this? I go to a shrink to get cleared for my new gun but it just so happens, this guy is black and is racist against white people. I talk to him sanely for however long then he denies me because he is racist. All of this precludes the fact that I have absolutely ZERO history of violence in my life. I never even got into fist fights in high school or anything. But now this man holds the fate of my 2nd amendment RIGHT in his hands.

People with obvious paranoid delusions of a fascist government that can only be taken out with small arms? Maybe they might need meds.

Meds maybe, but have they shown any predisposition to violence? Have they even COMMITTED a crime? I really just hate this convicting people before they have done anything angle you are presenting. For one, it is AWESOMELY discriminatory. I thought progressives were supposed to inclusive? Apparently mentally ill people are second class citizens and aren't entitled to all their rights...

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

What kind of medication would you have prescribed for Henry Knox, Nathaneal Greene and Benjamin Lincoln?

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Actually I think we should have access to the same arms catalogue as the military

But baby steps ya know
edit on pm720143102America/ChicagoWed, 23 Jul 2014 14:21:54 -0500_7000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

wouldn't that be up to a psychiatrist? On an individual basis, tailored to each case individually?

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut
Actually i wouldn't really care what firearm a person bought if they weren't a threat to themselves or others.

Hell, if you weren't another nut, I'd say strap a couple .50 cal to a turret on the roof of your car for all i care. Guns aren't the problem, it's the people behind the gun.

edit on 23-7-2014 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Exactly. Murder is illegal. We have laws on the books outlawing murder. Has it stopped? Criminals ignore the law, that is why they are criminals.

Except in most of these mass shooting cases, the perpetrator was not a criminal prior to the act itself and had obtained the firearm legally.

Legal firearms, bought legally, owned by law abiding gun owners, used to commit violent criminal offenses.

You really show your ass whenever you make such statements as above...

You are either totally ignorant of the facts or just trying to pull some crap out or your ass when you say such things.

Are you paying attention to the folks here that are truly trying to help you better understand the issue, or are you here to make waves?

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

wouldn't that be up to a psychiatrist? On an individual basis, tailored to each case individually?

I was asking you what you would prescribe these anti-government persons as you feel their sentiments warrant medication.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I said maybe they might need meds.

I never said i was qualified to determine what or if they do need meds.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

the picture of the guys who did the shootings, the picture that has eight guys who are liberal progressive homicidal/suicidal homo sapiens were on medications. Repeat were on medications.

medications are nothing more than a chemical straight jacket.

these guys needed more medications??????????

they needed frontal lobotomies.
edit on 23/7/2014 by spirited75 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23/7/2014 by spirited75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I said maybe they might need meds.

I never said i was qualified to determine what or if they do need meds.

Same ones as Lanza?

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

SO, Non-mentally ill people can't harm others?

You really do have a HUGE bias against those that have a mental illness. Were you harmed by someone with this condition? What are you hiding, that brings such disdain and a bigoted attitude towards people with mental illness.

edit on 23-7-2014 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Because we all know that throwing money and meds at a problem makes everything better.

Take a look at the Govt. Their sole response to issues is to throw piles upon piles of money at a problem, and suggest medications as well. Seems to line up directly with the progressive stance of Hauntwork.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
No Law will stop people from murdering other people. Dont pretend that the US is the only country that suffers from shootings because even in Europe it still happens... Even with strict Gun laws....

1) 2014 Moscow school shooting = 2 dead (Russia)
en.wikipedia.org...

*Tikka T3 rifle
*Small-caliber Japanese Browning BAR M1918

2) Velika Ivanča shooting = 14 dead (Serbia 2013)
en.wikipedia.org...

*CZ-88 9mm pistol

3) 2013 Belgorod shooting = 6 dead (Russia)
en.wikipedia.org...

*Saiga semi-automatic rifle

4) Toulouse and Montauban shootings = 8 dead (France 2012)
en.wikipedia.org...

*Three Colt 45s
*AK-47 assault rifle
*Uzi submachine gun
*Sten submachine gun
*Winchester 12 gauge pump-action shotgun
*9mm Glock pistol
*Colt Python .357 Magnum revolver
*Numerous other firearms

5) 2011 Liège attack= 7 dead (Belgium 2011)
en.wikipedia.org...

*FN FAL battle rifle
*Smith & Wesson Model 57 revolver
*Four M84 stun grenades

6) Alphen aan den Rijn shopping mall shooting = 7 dead (Netherlands 2011)
en.wikipedia.org...

*Smith & Wesson M&P15-22
*.45-caliber Colt pistol
*.44-caliber Taurus revolver

7) Cumbria shootings = 13 Dead (Copeland, Cumbria, England, UK 2010)
en.wikipedia.org...

*George Fisher 12 gauge double-barreled shotgun
*CZ 452-2E ZKM .22-calibre bolt-action rifle

8) 2010 Bratislava shooting = 8 Dead (Slovakia)
en.wikipedia.org...

*Vz. 58 assault rifle
*CZ 85 combat pistol
*CZ 52 pistol

9) 2010 Lörrach hospital shooting = 4 dead (Germany)
en.wikipedia.org...

*.22-calibre Walther GSP[1]
*Knife

10) Winnenden school shooting = 16 dead (Germany 2009)
en.wikipedia.org...

*Beretta 92

11) OAED Vocational College shooting = 1 dead (Greece 2009)
en.wikipedia.org...

*Two pistols
*Knife

12) Kauhajoki school shooting = 11 Dead (Finland 2008)
en.wikipedia.org...

*Walther P22[2]
*Homemade Molotov cocktails

13) Jokela school shooting = 9 dead (Finland 2007)
en.wikipedia.org...

*SIG Mosquito .22 calibre

14) Emsdetten school shooting = 1 dead (Germany 2006)
en.wikipedia.org...

*Sawed-off Burgo .22 caliber bolt-action rifle
*Sawed-off Ardesa percussion rifle
*Pistol
*Ardesa "Patriot" caplock pistol
*Homemade bombs
*Knife
*Machete

Do these types of things occur in the U.S.A? You betcha....But the point im trying to make is that even with strict gun laws, bad people still manage to obtain them and kill people. At least in the U.S.A. I have the option to carry a weapon to defend myself and others from bad people... I'd rather not be a Victim

Dont think Guns save lives? Well you should...Because it happens everyday...Dont believe me? Read for yourself...I dont have time to post anymore articles sooooo here ya go

gunsnfreedom.com...

edit on 23-7-2014 by ruderalis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: macman

And you think I'm trolling?

No, of course its not just the mentally ill. But trying to keep firearms of of the hands of someone unstable is an idea.

Just trying to come up with ideas to lessen the frequency and severity of these mass killings by people with legally purchased guns.

Why are you so pro mass shooting? Do you want to commit a mass shooting yourself is that it? Have a need to be famous? Is that the real reason your fighting any solution to this problem?

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join