It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four kids, two adults shot dead near Houston

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Because unless i completely capitulate and fall in line with whatever y'all say, I'll just keep being nit picked, insulted, marginalized, bullied, "moderated" and harassed.

I simply don't want insane people to have access to a gun. Apparently you guys do. I've reasoned explained compromised and still nada.

So in a fictitious scenario, i postulated an absurdity. Oh well, please get over it.

It's absurd to talk to the three of you at this point, because at this point it's become a game amongst y'all to try and get an emotional response out of me so that you can run off to the mods and try and get me banned.

I've tried, and now I don't care any more, you three have convinced me make than ever the need to keep guns out of the hands of crazy people, and no I'm not defining it, I'm not explaining it, I'm not justifying it, I'm not rationalizing it. It is what it is. Like it or not, i do not care.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

nobody's bullying you, nobody's trying to get you banned..

you're paranoid, and can't cope with criticism of your ideas....

you keep saying insane....insane people already can't get guns...then you also say crazy, but you fail to define what YOU believe constitutes "crazy"....i think people who drive dangerously are crazy...i think people who don't flush the toilet after they've had a wee are crazy....it's an entirely subjective thing...

YOUR opinion is that "crazy" people shouldn't have guns....and on the face of it, it sounds like a pretty good idea, but then your entire argument falls apart when you can't even provide us with some sense of how you define the terms that your idea is predicated upon...

a reasonable person would talk it out, logically, go over all points equally, and then if the idea isn't sound, acknowledge it. what you do, is deflect from, and ignore anything that might be viewed as a weakness in your position, instead of trying to explain it, and then you ridicule those who disagree with you, and make things up about them, so you have something to attack.

it's not personal, it's an exercise in logic...

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

I thought you weren't going to talk to me anymore?

Way to dash my hopes there.

ya think the term crazy would be self evident, the fact that you repeatedly harp on this sticking point is quite telling.

As i said in my previous post, I donot care.

I'm not defining it, specifying it, elaborateing on it, etc. I don't care.

It's my opinion, don't like it? Too bad.

If i had my way, I'd deport everyone with guns legal or not to Texas, force the state of of the union, and let the problem solve itself.

edit on 18-7-2014 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

If i had my way, I'd deport everyone with guns legal or not to Texas, force the state of of the union, and let the problem solve itself.

force the state out of the union.
corrected your sentence so it made sense.

There were three elected representatives in Colorado who passed some anti gun laws that gun toting citizens of Colorado booted out of office recently by way of recall elections.

Problem is the liberals in the Denver- Estes Park region have severe lapse of memory and think they can tell the people what to do instead of the other way around.

I bet if Colorado gets their way and allows the relocation of all these children from south of the border to come live there, a lot more Colorado residents will be buying firearms.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok
Because unless i completely capitulate and fall in line with whatever y'all say, I'll just keep being nit picked, insulted, marginalized, bullied, "moderated" and harassed.

I have not called you names as evidenced by the fact that none of my posts have been removed or edited by a moderator. If your posts are being removed perhaps you should reevaluate how you choose to speak to people on this forum.

I simply don't want insane people to have access to a gun. Apparently you guys do. I've reasoned explained compromised and still nada.

All of us have stated that we do not want insane people to have any weapons. The issue that we are currently discussing is that your solutions are not practicable.

So in a fictitious scenario, i postulated an absurdity. Oh well, please get over it.

Which in my opinion is trolling. I was operating on the premise that you were attempting to have an honest and intellectual conversation revolving around the Citizenry's rights to bear arms. You obviously were not.

In the future please refrain from posting absurdities with out prefacing them as such. It is hard to separate your actual argument from the trolling and in the long run leads to a very unproductive conversation.

It's absurd to talk to the three of you at this point, because at this point it's become a game amongst y'all to try and get an emotional response out of me so that you can run off to the mods and try and get me banned.

I do not know why you think anyone can 'get you banned'. Only you have the capability and frankly, if you continue to troll your own thread, you just very well may end up banned.

I've tried, and now I don't care any more, you three have convinced me make than ever the need to keep guns out of the hands of crazy people, and no I'm not defining it, I'm not explaining it, I'm not justifying it, I'm not rationalizing it. It is what it is. Like it or not, i do not care.

I find it odd that you have suddenly come to this epiphany of uncaring after proselytizing and posturing to those of us who disagree with you and the absolute surety of your position. If in fact you really do not care, and that this is not another of your argumentum ad absurdum propositions, then please leave this thread to the persons who actually do care about this topic and are committed to finding a working solution.

edit on 19-7-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

That sounds like paranoia.
And delusions of persecution.
Both are highly present in the insane.

edit on 19/7/2014 by spirited75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

a reply to: macman

Some have sabotaged this country, figure turn about is fair play.

You sound very much like the Anti-2nd people that post tweets, stating that people who open carry should be killed.

You truly are disgusting in what you believe in and back.

The only one here, that has any fantasy about people being killed is you, by your statements.

Again, you fail to address direct points and statements.
You fail to comprehend statutes and laws.
You fail to understand history.
You willfully omit portions of anything you use as a backing to your Progressive ideals.

It is a sad sad state that you live in.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: spirited75

Problem is the liberals in the Denver- Estes Park region have severe lapse of memory and think they can tell the people what to do instead of the other way around.

I wonder if we can narrow that down? Estes is about 70 miles northwest of Denver. (I grew up in Estes Park)

Estes has a unique political structure, one would call it mainly libertarian or pre Reagan conservative. Estes primarily is a summer tourist resort town. (hiking, fishing, snowball fights in August) and caters to nature lovers primarily.

Many people who reside in Estes hunt. I did when I was a kid. Elk hunting is done primarily for conservation concerns, although the meat is pretty good if prepared right, I actually prefer it over cow. See, there is a massive population of elk in and around the Estes Valley, and if they aren't hunted, starvation and disease can adversely affect the rest of the population.

But then there is the segment of the population that abhors hunting, and it's mainly because of the open display of firearms that is inevitable. (it's rather ridiculous really)

For the most part, the townsfolk that have been there a long time understand the role of firearms, and aren't terrified by a hunter coming into a store with a sidearm. However, tourists who aren't used to seeing someone with a gun strapped to their hip sometimes freak out.

But these are hunters. For the most part people that are hunting to do so for food. It's a major difference between that and the pro gun crowd who only seem to want a firearm so that they can kill someone.

Remember, people will always do the worst thing possible with a freedom, people are horrible things that will always disappoint you in the long run. They are all untrustworthy, despicable, and if given half a chance will chose the wrong path over the right one.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I wonder if we can narrow that down? Estes is about 70 miles northwest of Denver. (I grew up in Estes Park)

Estes has a unique political structure, one would call it mainly libertarian or pre Reagan conservative. Estes primarily is a summer tourist resort town. (hiking, fishing, snowball fights in August) and caters to nature lovers primarily.

Many people who reside in Estes hunt. I did when I was a kid. Elk hunting is done primarily for conservation concerns, although the meat is pretty good if prepared right, I actually prefer it over cow. See, there is a massive population of elk in and around the Estes Valley, and if they aren't hunted, starvation and disease can adversely affect the rest of the population.

But then there is the segment of the population that abhors hunting, and it's mainly because of the open display of firearms that is inevitable. (it's rather ridiculous really)

For the most part, the townsfolk that have been there a long time understand the role of firearms, and aren't terrified by a hunter coming into a store with a sidearm. However, tourists who aren't used to seeing someone with a gun strapped to their hip sometimes freak out.

But these are hunters. For the most part people that are hunting to do so for food. It's a major difference between that and the pro gun crowd who only seem to want a firearm so that they can kill someone.

Remember, people will always do the worst thing possible with a freedom, people are horrible things that will always disappoint you in the long run. They are all untrustworthy, despicable, and if given half a chance will chose the wrong path over the right one.

You seem to have a very negative view of humanity as you are making a blanket statement as if all people are somehow not to be trusted.

could it be that you are self projecting?

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

You realize in yiur deportation scenario

The u.s. would invade texas shortly after relocation for being a rogue terrorist nation state

At which time texas would stop the invaders and start the repelling of said interlopers

With help from the northern okie allies we start moving east and west toward progressively less armed and therfore easier targets

Once the midwest is secure at the rockiesx mississippi rriver and canadian border we let the east and westcoasts devolve into chaos as cities are clensed becasuse noone vot their daily import of mcfries

after the fall of the coasts it will be bacck to constitutional basics and a refounding of this once great nation

Whithout all the clutter that is messing her up now

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: waltwillis

No, it's not projecting, it's the reality of humanity.

People are slime, dishonest, petty, offensive, degenerates. They always show three worst.

The pro gun crowd is no different. They want guns, and plenty of them so they can kill someone. This thread showed me that. It's the only reason they refused to even entertain any reasonable gun legislation. If sociopaths were actually bared from having firearms, they couldn't live out their Rambo, lone gunman fantasies.

They aren't scared da gubermint gunna get der guns, they're afraid they will be held responsible for their own psychosis.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

People are slime, dishonest, petty, offensive, degenerates. They always show three worst.

The pro gun crowd is no different. They want guns, and plenty of them so they can kill someone. This thread showed me that. It's the only reason they refused to even entertain any reasonable gun legislation. If sociopaths were actually bared from having firearms, they couldn't live out their Rambo, lone gunman fantasies.

They aren't scared da gubermint gunna get der guns, they're afraid they will be held responsible for their own psychosis.

Interesting

I hold just the opposite view

Most people kickass

Its that one asshole that has to ruin it for everyone else.

Interesting

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

Most people could care less about their fellow man. Its the rare very rare person that would help a person in need, or care about the sick, or behave in a humane manner.

This pro second amendment crowd sees the world as i do. they see everyone as a potential threat, everyone probably deserves to die, if they don't shoot first, someone else will.

In their lives, there's no good people, there's only potential targets in their real life first person shooter game. The only thing from keeping the lot of them from turning this country into call of duty is that there actually are consequences for their actions. And they are actually fighting and lobbying to get rid of those consequences.

Florida is a prime example, here you can kill someone if you feel your life is in danger. To the gun nut, that's their normal feeling 24/7/365! Everything is a provocation, everything needs to be solved with a gun.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: thisguyrighthere

And GUNS make killing soooo much easier.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

It is called projection in psychiatric terms.
it means that what i see in myself that i dislike, instead of manning up and dealing with it, i automatically ascribe that trait or personality characteristic to others.

Projection

Projection is a defense mechanism that involves taking our own unacceptable qualities or feelings and ascribing them to other people. For example, if you have a strong dislike for someone, you might instead believe that he or she does not like you. Projection works by allowing the expression of the desire or impulse, but in a way that the ego cannot recognize, therefore reducing anxiety.

psychology.about.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Check and mate..

Good thread see u guys on the boards

May I suggest no more wasted time here

Im out!

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I don't get it. If you hate guns move to a place that has the most stringent gun laws. It will be a utopia for you.

Chicago.

No crazy people kill each other there by your logic, right? Cause legal gun ownership kills people.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: KaDeCo

Guns are also illegal here on Venezuela, they have posters everywhere and stuff.
Nobody ever dies here of gunshot wounds, and we have no crime here.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: metodex
a reply to: KaDeCo

Guns are also illegal here on Venezuela, they have posters everywhere and stuff.
Nobody ever dies here of gunshot wounds, and we have no crime here.

www.theguardian.com...

24,000 murders last year confirm Venezuela as one of the world's most dangerous countries.

Ok! They can immigrate to Venezuela. No one is murdered there either since there's no legal gun ownership. By the logic presented the only way to stop crime and murder is to restrict access to guns.
edit on 7 19 14 by KaDeCo because: Grammarly!

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   

As a retired cop and then as a search and rescue firefighter that believes in the rights of mankind to defend themselves, I hardly think that it would put me or others like me in a class of psychotics that want to harm others.

I disobeyed a direct order to kill two people approaching our defensive perimeter while on duty and I captured them alive instead.
That cost me a court martial.
So much for your opinion of the gun culture folks.

It may help for you to listen to what you are saying before making such bold statements.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join