It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four kids, two adults shot dead near Houston

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

Yeah, because the new laws enacted are what again???

Oh, EO banning the importation of Korean War Garands.

And what better enforcement? I thought that there were all these loopholes you cry about?

SO, even with that statement, gun crime is on the decline. Yet you scream for MORE gun control and restrictions.

Why is it that this is needed again?? With better enforcement, and better laws, why is there more needed?

I love it with Progressives and Anti-2nd people work themselves into a corner.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: macman

Why is more needed? The firearm fatality numbers dictate more is needed.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

They are declining. Why do you want people to give up more Rights?

Oh, I forgot. You Anti-2nd.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The decrease in gun violence certainly isn't due to the pro gun crowd.

It's due to the efforts of sensible gun laws, better enforcement, better education, and people who are tired of being shouted down by Alex Jones types.

So you are saying that the measures that are currently in place are working? Good to know.

Do you know what caused the increase in gun sales?

Obama being elected president. Paranoid nutburgers that actually thought he was going to ban guns.

Yes and what does this have to do with your point? People buy more guns when Democrats start talking about banning them. It happened in the 90's too when we went through this facade last time.

So if the measures that are currently in place are working, why do we need more of them? You keep trying to make it sound like there is this BIG issue that needs dealing with, but all the stats are showing that not only is it NOT a big issue, but is already being dealt with.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: macman

Because oddly enough, and I know you'll find some problem with this for some reason. I would like for LESS people to die from gun violence, optimally I would like to see zero gun related deaths.

So ya, I'll keep arguing for LESS gun violence til that happens.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: th2356

you know...prior to the Volstead act, an ignorant minority had the same attitude about alcohol....they got some powerful friends, and we got prohibition...i don't think i need to remind anyone what happened after THAT was enacted...

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

and you can paint anyone who disagrees with you, any way you like...doesn't make it so..

just don't libel anyone....the management frowns upon that sort of thing..

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

9/11 was a hostile act against the united states, by foreign aggressors...regular domestic murderers are not...apples and oranges..

and still you harp on "gun violence"...what about violence committed with knives, pointed objects, blunt objects, as well as fists, feet, etc?

why is one kind of violence so much less acceptable to you, than the others?

using your reasoning, you must be ok with people being beaten and stabbed to death..

why don't you stop the act, and just admit you have a problem with guns, and want to see them gone?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

I absolutely did not libel anyone. Not a single person was directly named in that post. But please, sue me if you feel defamed. See how far that goes.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

should we require a worthless, and completely bogus mental health exam, before allowing people to buy cars? because people use them to murder other people too....

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

As i have shown you previously, gun violence trumps the other categories. That's why.

And why do i have to constantly defend the idea that i don't want a gun ban, but want it so that crazy people don't have legal access to guns?

Is that so hard to understand?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok

As i have shown you previously, gun violence trumps the other categories. That's why.

And why do i have to constantly defend the idea that i don't want a gun ban, but want it so that crazy people don't have legal access to guns?

Is that so hard to understand?

Define crazy.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Oh, I want less violent crime to occur. But, I am not going to remove people's rights to do so. There is the difference.

You want control over people, to remove people's ability to choose and make decisions based upon Freedom and freewill.

But, as the numbers decline, what has been enacted seems to have satisfied the platform for a continual decline in this.

You are a Progressive, Anti-2nd and Anti-Freedom.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

did i say you libeled anyone?

it was a warning...for your own good..

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Seeing as you have stated you want less Gun Violence, the only way to fully stop it, is to have ALL firearms removed from society.

Unless you are disingenuous and don't want to get rid of gun crime.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

the numbers disagree with your assertion.

and what makes someone "crazy"?

how do you define, or quantify "crazy"?

how do you identify this generic condition?

how do you make sure that absolutely NO "crazy" people can legally buy a gun?

furthermore, how do you keep them from obtaining one via the black market?

you don't seem to understand how reality works...you're never going to get to zero, people will always die, this is the nature of life.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

See the post above yours? THAT'S libelous.

So maybe warn your friend there about libel instead of me, and lets get back on topic.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

You are right, we never will get to zero, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

this is off-topic, but i see no libel...

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

and exactly how much more freedom would you have us sacrifice for your unattainable goal?

and once all the guns are gone, are you going to prattle on about the ills of knife and hammer violence? or car violence? will you froth about the next manufactured crisis, designed to coral us into pens?

at what point, will you be happy?

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join