It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I-Team article on Groom Lake border crossing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
i-team article on Groom Lake border crossing

LAS VEGAS -- A tour bus carrying visitors to the edge of the top secret Area 51 military base has done something that many people have only fantasized about doing. It crossed the line and entered the base.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I am still wondering what happen to the two old ladies that drove across..
Remember them?

I doubt anything is at that base any more, im sure it's all been moved a long time ago.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fisherr
I am still wondering what happen to the two old ladies that drove across..
Remember them?

I doubt anything is at that base any more, im sure it's all been moved a long time ago.

Groom Lake has expanded over the years. To say there is nothing there makes little sense given photographic evidence let alone eye witnesses such as myself.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Camo dudes need to stop slacking on there job, Kidding. I cant believe the bus crossed, what was the driver thinking. If they, made it to the base, im wondering if the Camo dudes thought it had clearance to do so. I have seen the video of the 2 ladies, im pretty sure the local police just pickd them up. In the end of that video, the Local cop can be seen driving extremly fast towards there position

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Glassbender777

There is a real, that is physical, gate around the corner, so they wouldn't make it to the base unless they busted down the gate.

There is nothing technical preventing the base from putting a gate right at the border. The unmanned gate used by the Lockheed facility at Helendale is an example. You just set up cameras, card readers, etc.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Dead link, Gariac.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: weavty1
Dead link, Gariac.

Here:
www.8newsnow.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: FosterVS

originally posted by: weavty1
Dead link, Gariac.

Here:
www.8newsnow.com...

Thanks. I keep forgetting the mobile links expire.

So interesting about the video being an issue. The way they phrase it, the video doesn't have camo dude faces on it, since they approached from the other direction.

But if you had video that caught camo dude faces and you insisted on a trial, I bet the base would hate that video to be entered as evidence.

I generally don't drive up to the gate. I park in the camp area and walk to the gate. That way the dudes don't get all twitchy, as if you are going to make a run for it.

There is that classic video of the guy in the quad crossing the border just to piss off the dudes. The dudes have quads too, and they probably know the terrain better than a visitor.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: gariac
Thanks. I keep forgetting the mobile links expire.

I generally don't drive up to the gate. I park in the camp area and walk to the gate. That way the dudes don't get all twitchy, as if you are going to make a run for it.

"Camp area"? You aren't talking about Campfire Hill, are you? That's quite a walk.
Although, showing up at the border, on foot?
I'm betting it's this spot you are talking about: 37.350083°, -115.642719°
I notice there is a trail there to "up the hill", never realized it was there. Gotta check it out, next trip.
I did climb the hill and take pictures last time.

edit on 15-7-2014 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: FosterVS

Yes to 37.350083°, -115.642719°. The area is much larger than it looks. That road cutout is over 40ft wide, so you can park cars there and not block traffic.

I have walked the route that you pointed out, both day and night. At night, the camo dudes lit us up with flashlights or maybe a spot light as we walked it. You should walk it at least once in the daylight since you are really close to the border.

If you look at the area where the border signs are located, there are two roads up the hill. One on the their side, and one on our side. People get confused and drive the wrong road. I really don't know how because you have to pass the signs to get to their road. It is really best just to park and walk around.

The parking area is also used for staging if you want to hike Hawkeye Hill. You can kind of see the route on Google Earth. This is not a hard hike, but you really need to watch the border.

new topics

top topics

join