It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Eye Opening Look At Israel's Ugly History

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

The entire world agrees on ALL the above resolutions. The entire world voted to pass those condemning resolutions. The entire world knows that Israel is a terrorist state (government and military, not people). Except the USA. This is the truth right before your eyes. You might be thinking, well, there must be other resolutions that condemn Palestine, Hezbollah, and Hamas for the same stuff. Nope. I looked. The only ones that have condemnations for the Muslim side are like 4 or 5 maybe and all of them are towards BOTH sides so it condemns Israel AS WELL! Yet, somehow, people still think that Israel is a victim

So in other words you are confirming what Jewish conspiracy theorists assumed all along—that there is in fact a massive global plot to destroy Israel. In a Just world, anyone could plainly see plenty of things to condemn in various middle eastern countries without even discussing Israeli issues, yet it is Israeli that bears the weight of global hatred through the all seeing eye of the UN. It is no small wonder that Israel so consistently ignores the UN, and a pity that so few others do not do the same.

Congratulations. You have made someone sympathetic to the Jewish cause.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freenrgy2
a reply to: ~Lucidity

100% false. Obviously this is a hate Israel thread, so I'm asking the mods to close it.

Either that, or I'm leaving ATS.

There's no need to throw a tanty just because people are saying things you disagree with. If anything, such a move would only serve to again remind us all that there's a unnerving and unfounded fear of criticizing israel and that to do so causes some people to panic so much that the only option they can see is to put a halt to the discussion altogether.

The problem with doing that - aside from the mentioned reinforcement of the already all-too-well known fear response, is that you can't stifle frank and open discussion. Nip it in the bud here - it pops up there.

Please don't confuse criticism as hate. I actually think the creation of israel was the worst mistake of the 20th century, the two world wars being the worst. I think israel is evil and it's people and government need to learn humility. That isn't hate.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

You can't even debate using facts. You oversimplify and always try to use the pity card so you can hopefully pull some heartstrings as a means of manipulation. You are clearly purposely spreading propaganda as you say things which show you have no idea about the history of Israel in the first place.

Already happened when Israel was formed in 1948

By the British and United Nations. Infact the area which became Israel was controlled by the British.

How exactly were the Jewish people violent when they were either on the run, fighting in the war, or in concentration camps?

What claim does Israel have to their land????

Well because I know you will ignore the fact they have occupied that area for thousands of years prior, the fact that UK was in control of the land they gave to Israel when it was created. Sorry hate it all you want but that's how it is.

The biggest joke of a statement I have heard on ATS, since when does Israel give Palestine a quality of life?

Why would Israel be responsible for a population that isn't Israeli and also just RECENTLY acknowledged Israel's right to exist?

I won't go on anymore because aside from the fact you have no idea what you are talking about, you keep making nonsensical attempts at counterpoints which only confirms I am wasting my time because you don't want to be confused by the facts.

edit on 11-7-2014 by hxc408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: hxc408

You can't even debate using facts. You oversimplify and always try to use the pity card so you can hopefully pull some heartstrings as a means of manipulation. You are clearly purposely spreading propaganda as you say things which show you have no idea about the history of Israel in the first place.

By the British and United Nations. Infact the area which became Israel was controlled by the British.

How exactly where the Jewish people violent when they were either on the run, fighting in the war, or in concentration camps?

What claim does Israel have to their land????

Well because I know you will ignore the fact they have occupied that area for thousands of years prior, the fact that UK was in control of the land they gave to Israel when it was created. Sorry hate it all you want but that's how it is.

The biggest joke of a statement I have heard on ATS, since when does Israel give Palestine a quality of life?

Why would Israel be responsible for a population that isn't Israeli and also just RECENTLY acknowledged Israel's right to exist?

I won't go on anymore because aside from the fact you have no idea what you are talking about, you keep making nonsensical attempts at counterpoints which only confirms I am wasting my time because you don't want to be confused by the facts.

What part of

ETA Anyway I sick of replying off topic, this thread is about Israels condemnations from the international community, if you feel the need to discuss what you are talking about make a thread about it. This ain't the place

do you not understand?

This isn't a place to discuss your fallacies of Israel, make your own thread and twaddle on about what you want on it and stop trying to derail this one.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Freenrgy2

Not a bad analogy at all. The Palestinians lived there. Israel started with a few Jewish settlements. I believe what the OP posted outlines how they came to acquire the rest of their territory and control. Cant argue with facts. You have none. When the U.N. condemns you and drafts resolutions that is the equivalent to being found guilty by a jury of your peers on an international level. What proof do you have to the contrary?
edit on 11-7-2014 by rustyclutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freenrgy2
a reply to: ~Lucidity

100% false. Obviously this is a hate Israel thread, so I'm asking the mods to close it.

Either that, or I'm leaving ATS.

What' "so-called" false exactly?
edit on 7/11/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Everyone is wrong, only peace is ever right.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
My oh my how short sighted people are. Never mind that the arabs had invaded Israel long ago, killed the ones they could, and chased the rest out of their rightful homeland. And when there was finally a body (UN) with the autority that could reverse that, they did, and the arabs are now mad that their stolen land was returned to it's rightful owners. The arabs hold the vast majority of the land in the middle east. Israel only claims a very small portion of it as theirs. The bottom line is arabs don't want ANY Jews in their midst, and you people are falling for their tripe.

I don't care what the Israelis do to the "palenstinians" at this point. Their war loving history has brought them to this.

There never was a "palestine" anyway

allaboutmuhammad.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

No actually you keep talking about Palestine when I am saying that Israel hasn't been condemned by the international community until relatively recently. And I am further backing up the fact that the accusations against Israel are false and ironically the complaints come from nations far more corrupt. I'm sorry but my points are based on facts and reality, which none of yours have been. And yea I saw your remark saying you were done, yet look you made another post. And once again, you brought nothing to the table.

Discussing the topic of the OP is not derailing the thread. Just because I happen to disagree with the notion is not a violation of the T&C. It is called healthy debate. Too bad all you do is respond with comments like that which do not contribute to the thread at all.

My oh my how short sighted people are. Never mind that the arabs had invaded Israel long ago, killed the ones they could, and chased the rest out of their rightful homeland. And when there was finally a body (UN) with the autority that could reverse that, they did, and the arabs are now mad that their stolen land was returned to it's rightful owners. The arabs hold the vast majority of the land in the middle east. Israel only claims a very small portion of it as theirs. The bottom line is arabs don't want ANY Jews in their midst, and you people are falling for their tripe.

Finally, someone else sees things for what they are.
edit on 11-7-2014 by hxc408 because: More to questions to answer

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

The term Peleset (transliterated from hieroglyphs as P-r-s-t) is found in numerous Egyptian documents referring to a neighboring people or land starting from c.1150 BCE during the Twentieth Dynasty of Egypt. The first mention is thought to be in texts of the temple at Medinet Habu, which record a people called the Peleset among the Sea Peoples who invaded Egypt in Ramesses III's reign,[4] followed later by an inscription on Padiiset's Statue. The Assyrians called the same region Palashtu or Pilistu, beginning with Adad-nirari III in the Nimrud Slab in c.800 BCE through to emperor Sargon II, in his Annals approximately a century later.[5][6][7]

Palestine

Can we stop with the nonsense about Palestinians not being the original people there?

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: hxc408

Comment was not directed at you was it?? Why feel the need to comment for another poster? And what may I ask are you contributing?

I will start by giving you official UN Resolutions that condemn Israeli actions since it was founded in 1948. Remember, all those resolutions are official and you can find them by yourself on this page by choosing the desired year: en.wikipedia.org... The "C" at the end means Consensus. Here we go: 1949: Admission of Israel - Egypt Objects, UK Absent 1953: Violation of General Armistice by Israel - Consensus except absent Lebanon and USSR 1955: Condemning Israeli attack on Egyptian Army in the Gaza Strip - Consensus 1956: Israel was in direct violation of the General Armistice Agreement - C 1960: Violation of the Argentina’s sovereignty by arresting and transferring Nazi Colonel from Argentina to Israel and executing him - Poland and USSR absent 1961: Urging Israel to comply with the GAA after a complaint from Jordan - C 1966: Censures Israel attack on Jordan in violation of the United Nations Charter - Absent NZ 1967: Calls on Israel to ensure safety of civilians and facilitate the return of refugees and to respect humanitarian principles governing the treatment of prisoners of war and the protection of civilian persons in times of war contained in the Geneva Conventions. 1967: Calls for the "Withdrawal of Israeli armed forces from territories occupied" during the Six-Day War - C 1968: Condemns Israeli attack on Karameh, Jordan - C 1968: Condemns planned Israeli military parade in Jerusalem - C 1968: Condemns Israeli military parade - C 1968: Considers Israel’s annexation of Jerusalem to be invalid - (All except US and Canada absent) 1968: Condemns Israel’s attacks on Jordan. - C 1968: Condemns Israel’s attacks on Jordan. - Absent Algeria 1968: Deplores the delay caused by Israel in implementing resolution 237 (Canada, US, Denmark Absent) 1968: Condemns Israeli attack on the civil International Airport of Beirut, Lebanon. - C 1969: Condemns the recent premeditated air attacks launched by Israel on Jordanian villages - (US, UK, Colombia, Paraguay Absent) 1969: Censures Israeli annexation of East Jerusalem - C 1969: Condemns Israeli attack in Southern Lebanon - Adopted without vote 1969: Condemns Israel for failing to to respect previous UN Resolutions (Absent 4) 1970: Demands the immediate withdrawal of all Israeli armed forces from Lebanese territory in response to the Israeli attack in which nine Lebanese were killed and 19 wounded. - C 1970: Condemns Israel for its premeditated military action with respect to Israeli–Lebanese conflict (4 Absent) 1970: Demands the complete and immediate withdrawal of all Israeli armed forces from Lebanese territory (only USA Absent) 1971: Deplores Israel’s failure to respect UN resolutions against the annexation of Jerusalem - Absent Syria 1972: Calls on Israel to end action in Lebanon - C 1972: Condemns Israel for its actions in Lebanon - (Panama and USA absent) 1972: Deplores the fact that despite its efforts Syrian and Lebanese military personnel abducted by Israeli armed forces from Lebanese territory on June 21 had not been released. (only USA Absent) 1973: Condemning Israel for its continued violations of international law and called upon Israel to desist forthwith. 1973: Condemned the state of Israel for forcibly diverting and then seizing a Lebanese airline from Lebanon's airspace - C 1974: Condemns Israel's violation of Lebanon's territorial integrity and calls upon Israel to refrain from further military action against Lebanon 1978: Asked Israel to complete its withdrawal from Lebanon without further delay and condemns all attacks by both parties. (2 absent) 1979: Determined: "that the policy and practices of Israel in establishing settlements in the Palestinian and other Arab territories occupied since 1967 have no legal validity and constitute a serious obstruction to achieving a comprehensive, just and lasting peace in the Middle East. (3 absent) 1979: Condemns Israeli attacks; extends mandate of the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (2 absent) 1979: States that “the policy of Israel in establishing settlements in the occupied Arab territories has no legal validity and constitutes a violation of the Fourth Geneva Convention” (only USA absent) 1980: Condemning Israel for prohibiting the travel of the Mayor of Hebron, Fahd Qawasma, to the Security Council, requesting it allow him travel to the United Nations Headquarters and criticising Israel for not cooperating with the Security Council. - C 1980: Called upon Israel to rescind the "illegal measures" and to facilitate the return of the individuals concerned to resume the functions they were elected or appointed to do. (only USA absent) 1980: Deplored the Government of Israel's failure to implement Resolution 468 (1980) and went on to call on Israel to rescind the expulsion of the Mayors of Hebron and Halhoul and the Sharia judge of Hebron - (only US Absent) 1980: Criticized the Israeli occupation of Palestinian territories of East Jerusalem, the West Bank, Gaza Strip and the Golan Heights and asked Israel to make compensation for damages suffered by civilians due to this lack of protection. (only USA Absnet) 1980: Declared that "all legislative and administrative measures and actions taken by Israel, the occupying Power, which purport to alter the character and status of the Holy City of Jerusalem have no legal validity and constitute a flagrant violation of the Fourth Geneva Convention. (only USA Absent) 1980: called upon Israel to adhere to the Geneva Conventions and to facilitate the return of the individuals concerned to resume the functions they were elected or appointed to do. - C 1981: Condemned an attack by Israel on an IAEA-approved nuclear site in Iraq - C 1981: The Council called for an immediate cessation of attacks by Israel on Lebanon. The Council went on to demand that Israel respect the territorial integrity of Lebanon. - C 1981: Calls on the State of Israel to rescind its de facto annexation of the Golan Heights. - C 1982: Emergency meeting of the United Nations General Assembly to discuss the Israeli occupation of the Golan Heights. (UK, US absent) 1982: Israeli invasion of Lebanon. Demanded that Israel unconditionally withdraw all its military forces from Lebanon back to its internationally recognised border. -C 1982: Demanded that Israel lift the blockade on Beirut, the capital city of Lebanon, to allow urgent aid to the civilian population there. US didn’t participate in voting. 1982: Calls for Israel to return its troops to previous positions. (only US Absent.) 1982: Demands Israel and other parties strictly observe Security Council resolutions. -C 1985: Condemned an air raid on Tunisia by the Air Force of Israel on 1 October. 1986: Condemns killing of students by Israel in the Palestinian territories. - (only US Absent) 1987: Condemned Israel for violating the human rights of the Palestinian people and in particular the opening of fire and killing of students in the first few weeks of the First Intifada. - (only US Absent) 1990: Deplored Israel's refusal to receive the mission of the Secretary-General to the region. -C

The OP, you haven't said anything about, just that the Palestinians are bad, thoughts?
edit on 11-7-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

No actually you keep talking about Palestine when I am saying that Israel hasn't been condemned by the international community until relatively recently.

Israel hasn't existed until relatively recently.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: rustyclutch
I'm sorry I don't take the UN's word as scripture seeing as it is mainly influenced by the US and other NATO nations. Secondly, one of those reports was that Israel captured a war criminal and executed him the same way we would have done at the Nuremberg Trials had he not escaped on a U-Boat. Lastly, a good amount of these complaints are not even serious considering these span over half a century and that is all they have against Israel? That's actually pretty stellar considering what the US has done in that span of time. Notice how UK was absent on the making of Israel? That is because they gave Israel their territory. And I know the Jews didn't strong arm the UK for it...

As for Palestine, you can thank sososbad for bringing them up. I simply responded. Though the motive for this post is pretty obvious...

Israel hasn't existed until relatively recently.

No, it was just reborn 1948.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

How ironic. The same U.S. and Nato nations you don't trust are the only reason Israel exists in the first place. They are the only reason they continue to exist. If Israel thought for one second the U.S. would vote against it in the Security Council it wouldn't behave the way it does.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Actually, it is true that back then things weren't nearly as corrupt as they are now, but even you knew that. And I respect Israel for the exact reason that Israel doesn't care what the rest of the world thinks and it is not scared of a fight if it means their survival and keeping their way of life. So, it really doesn't matter if they have support or not.

Actually it appears the UK was behind the creation of Israel, the UN just recognized them as legitimate.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I respect Israel for the exact reason that Israel doesn't care what the rest of the world thinks

FIrst honest thing you have said this whole discussion. With that being said they deserve anything that happens.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Truth isn't relative. So whether you agree or disagree with something does not make it a lie. I've been honest the entire thread, but as they say, the truth hurts. But that means sadly, Israel didn't steal the land and they had a historical claim to it as I have said before. So really that means you just hate them for protecting the security of their nation. Yea, that totally makes sense. Might I add many of the Middle Eastern countries were allied with the Axis powers during WW2. Maybe they got what they deserved.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Truth isn't relative. So whether you agree or disagree with something does not make it a lie. I've been honest the entire thread, but as they say, the truth hurts. But that means sadly, Israel didn't steal the land and they had a historical claim to it as I have said before. So really that means you just hate them for protecting the security of their nation. Yea, that totally makes sense. Might I add many of the Middle Eastern countries were allied with the Axis powers during WW2. Maybe they got what they deserved.

What is their historical claim to it? And when they finally 'made it official jewish state' did they kick people off the land who were living there?

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Truth isnt relative he says. Yet he disputes every fact presented to him as if we made all of this up. What makes all the declarations of an international body that helped grant Israel it's statehood suddenly false? It's all well documented. Much more well documented than their historic claims to the land. Their RELIGIOUS book says that's their land, but all recorded history says the Palestinians have always been there. So I'm going to have a hard time agreeing with your logic. And I use the word logic rather loosely, but since you provide zero factual evidence of anything I can only presume that it was faulty logic that brings you to your conclusions

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ImaFungi
The same way we all know the Egyptians belong in Egypt as their ancestors have been there for thousands of years? And there are buildings and artifacts which prove that is their native land. And the British who controlled that territory at the time handed it to them. What is so confusing about that concept? They also fought a war for independence and they won. So to the victor goes the spoils.

Truth isnt relative he says. Yet he disputes every fact presented to him as if we made all of this up. What makes all the declarations of an international body that helped grant Israel it's statehood suddenly false? It's all well documented. Much more well documented than their historic claims to the land. Their RELIGIOUS book says that's their land, but all recorded history says the Palestinians have always been there. So I'm going to have a hard time agreeing with your logic. And I use the word logic rather loosely, but since you provide zero factual evidence of anything I can only presume that it was faulty logic that brings you to your conclusions

I said most the accusations against Israel from the UN were petty. And not all of them even had a consensus vote. So I'm not sure how everyone is treating Israel like the only country with flaws in the world when if that's the worst the UN had against them, it doesn't even compare to what all the Western Countries are guilty of.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join