It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Eye Opening Look At Israel's Ugly History

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freenrgy2
a reply to: spurgeonatorsrevenge

Except there really are NO SUCH THINGS as Palestinians. Another cure little invention by these other "terrorist" states as a weapon to take over Israeli land.

"Displaced arabs" would be more apropos. Maybe you should ask why these people can't return to the countries they came from in the first place.

You cannot return to a place you never came from in the first place. These people have been living in Palestine (after it was named by the Romans) for generations. This cannot be claimed by the Europeans that cry God gave us this land.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Please read the essay from the link I posted. I think you'll find out your thinking on this matter is completely wrong from a historical context.

A couple of excepts from the essay:

What other Arabs declared after the Six-Day War:

"There are no differences between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese. We are all part of one nation. It is only for political reasons that we carefully underline our Palestinian identity... yes, the existence of a separate Palestinian identity serves only tactical purposes. The founding of a Palestinian state is a new tool in the continuing battle against Israel".

- Zuhair Muhsin, military commander of the PLO and member of the PLO Executive Council -

"You do not represent Palestine as much as we do. Never forget this one point: There is no such thing as a Palestinian people, there is no Palestinian entity, there is only Syria. You are an integral part of the Syrian people, Palestine is an integral part of Syria. Therefore it is we, the Syrian authorities, who are the true representatives of the Palestinian people".

- Syrian dictator Hafez Assad to the PLO leader Yassir Arafat -

"As I lived in Palestine, everyone I knew could trace their heritage back to the original country their great grandparents came from. Everyone knew their origin was not from the Canaanites, but ironically, this is the kind of stuff our education in the Middle East included. The fact is that today's Palestinians are immigrants from the surrounding nations! I grew up well knowing the history and origins of today's Palestinians as being from Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Morocco, Christians from Greece, muslim Sherkas from Russia, muslims from Bosnia, and the Jordanians next door. My grandfather, who was a dignitary in Bethlehem, almost lost his life by Abdul Qader Al-Husseni (the leader of the Palestinian revolution) after being accused of selling land to Jews. He used to tell us that his village Beit Sahur (The Shepherds Fields) in Bethlehem County was empty before his father settled in the area with six other families. The town has now grown to 30,000 inhabitants".

- Walid Shoebat, an "ex-Palestinian" Arab -

Quote frankly, I don't care what anyone else thinks. Palestine is a myth and political tool to be used against Israel. In fact, I hope it makes a lot of you on here angry. Darkness hates the light and the truth.
edit on 11-7-2014 by Freenrgy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: xxspadyxx

I for one do not think Israel is a terrorist Nation. I do however view the Zionist agenda as a fundamentalist movement similar to other groups labeled Terrorist for there actions. Israel's government has over stepped more times than one can count. Israel at this point is damned if it does and really damned if it doesn't. There needs to be new blood in the government. Changes must take root for it to truly survive. There is no doubt that Israel is under constant threat at all times. Who started it no longer matters. The current Israeli government perpetuates a fair amount of enemies.

Israel is no position to take a moral high ground though. Nor does anyone else who is attacking it. The whole lot need to take a step back and work together. However, one or both sides always sabotage the peace process and have demands and expectations that the other is not willing or cannot agree to.

I do know that Israel has offered a great deal for there expectations over the decades though. It's an up and down situation. War is inevitable for Israel and save the souls who are caught in the middle or oppose Israel because it will never give up or in to any threat.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Freenrgy2

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Quote frankly, I don't care what anyone else thinks. Palestine is a myth and political tool to be used against Israel. In fact, I hope it makes a lot of you on here angry. Darkness hates the light and the truth.

I, for one, have never learned to displace pity with anger. Maybe others have.

There can be no other way to put it.

I have been under the impression that those who come to this site have, more or less, taken on the creed of "deny ignorance".
The attitude which some take on is quite the opposite. They incourage ignorance with their open displays of dogmatic adherance to some self serving points which, it seems, they think should trump all other points of discussion.
I have often been told, and I think I have heard it said here, that if one argues with a fool they only succeed in lowering themselves to that level.
I do enjoy the discussions which I find here at this site. That is until the people which I have just discribed insist upon their's being the only point of view.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlmo

Just watch this: /kfhsc9d
edit on 11-7-2014 by kranskik because: URL problems

Type in tinyurl.com and then a forward slash, followed by /kfhsc9d
edit on 11-7-2014 by kranskik because: URL problems

edit on 11-7-2014 by kranskik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: kranskik
a reply to: TheAlmo

Just watch this: /kfhsc9d

Type in tinyurl.com and then a forward slash, followed by /kfhsc9d

Post above does not seem to work. Here is an alternate URL.

www.abc.net.au...

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ken10

thank you for the video.

The term Peleset (transliterated from hieroglyphs as P-r-s-t) is found in numerous Egyptian documents referring to a neighboring people or land starting from c.1150 BCE during the Twentieth dynasty of Egypt.

The first clear use of the term Palestine to refer to the entire area between Phoenicia and Egypt was in 5th century BC Ancient Greece.

Herodotus wrote of a 'district of Syria, called Palaistinê" in The Histories, the first historical work clearly defining the region...

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Some people here really do not comprehend the magnitude and meaning of this list. Many didn't even read it. I will make it easier for you to read it.

1949: Admission of Israel - Egypt Objects, UK Absent

1953: Violation of General Armistice by Israel - Consensus except absent Lebanon and USSR

1955: Condemning Israeli attack on Egyptian Army in the Gaza Strip - Consensus

1956: Israel was in direct violation of the General Armistice Agreement - C

1960: Violation of the Argentina’s sovereignty by arresting and transferring Nazi Colonel from Argentina to Israel and executing him - Poland and USSR absent

1961: Urging Israel to comply with the GAA after a complaint from Jordan - C

1966: Censures Israel attack on Jordan in violation of the United Nations Charter - Absent NZ

1967: Calls on Israel to ensure safety of civilians and facilitate the return of refugees and to respect humanitarian principles governing the treatment of prisoners of war and the protection of civilian persons in times of war contained in the Geneva Conventions.

1967: Calls for the "Withdrawal of Israeli armed forces from territories occupied" during the Six-Day War - C

1968: Condemns Israeli attack on Karameh, Jordan - C

1968: Condemns planned Israeli military parade in Jerusalem - C

1968: Condemns Israeli military parade - C

1968: Considers Israel’s annexation of Jerusalem to be invalid - (All except US and Canada absent)

1968: Condemns Israel’s attacks on Jordan. - C

1968: Condemns Israel’s attacks on Jordan. - Absent Algeria

1968: Deplores the delay caused by Israel in implementing resolution 237 (Canada, US, Denmark Absent)

1968: Condemns Israeli attack on the civil International Airport of Beirut, Lebanon. - C

1969: Condemns the recent premeditated air attacks launched by Israel on Jordanian villages - (US, UK, Colombia, Paraguay Absent)

1969: Censures Israeli annexation of East Jerusalem - C

1969: Condemns Israeli attack in Southern Lebanon - Adopted without vote

1969: Condemns Israel for failing to to respect previous UN Resolutions (Absent 4)

1970: Demands the immediate withdrawal of all Israeli armed forces from Lebanese territory in response to the Israeli attack in which nine Lebanese were killed and 19 wounded. - C

1970: Condemns Israel for its premeditated military action with respect to Israeli–Lebanese conflict (4 Absent)

1970: Demands the complete and immediate withdrawal of all Israeli armed forces from Lebanese territory (only USA Absent)

1971: Deplores Israel’s failure to respect UN resolutions against the annexation of Jerusalem - Absent Syria

1972: Calls on Israel to end action in Lebanon - C

1972: Condemns Israel for its actions in Lebanon - (Panama and USA absent)

1972: Deplores the fact that despite its efforts Syrian and Lebanese military personnel abducted by Israeli armed forces from Lebanese territory on June 21 had not been released. (only USA Absent)

1973: Condemning Israel for its continued violations of international law and called upon Israel to desist forthwith.

1973: Condemned the state of Israel for forcibly diverting and then seizing a Lebanese airline from Lebanon's airspace - C

1974: Condemns Israel's violation of Lebanon's territorial integrity and calls upon Israel to refrain from further military action against Lebanon

1978: Asked Israel to complete its withdrawal from Lebanon without further delay and condemns all attacks by both parties. (2 absent)

1979: Determined: "that the policy and practices of Israel in establishing settlements in the Palestinian and other Arab territories occupied since 1967 have no legal validity and constitute a serious obstruction to achieving a comprehensive, just and lasting peace in the Middle East. (3 absent)

1979: Condemns Israeli attacks; extends mandate of the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (2 absent)

1979: States that “the policy of Israel in establishing settlements in the occupied Arab territories has no legal validity and constitutes a violation of the Fourth Geneva Convention” (only USA absent)

1980: Condemning Israel for prohibiting the travel of the Mayor of Hebron, Fahd Qawasma, to the Security Council, requesting it allow him travel to the United Nations Headquarters and criticising Israel for not cooperating with the Security Council. - C

1980: Called upon Israel to rescind the "illegal measures" and to facilitate the return of the individuals concerned to resume the functions they were elected or appointed to do. (only USA absent)

1980: Deplored the Government of Israel's failure to implement Resolution 468 (1980) and went on to call on Israel to rescind the expulsion of the Mayors of Hebron and Halhoul and the Sharia judge of Hebron - (only US Absent)

1980: Criticized the Israeli occupation of Palestinian territories of East Jerusalem, the West Bank, Gaza Strip and the Golan Heights and asked Israel to make compensation for damages suffered by civilians due to this lack of protection. (only USA Absnet)

1980: Declared that "all legislative and administrative measures and actions taken by Israel, the occupying Power, which purport to alter the character and status of the Holy City of Jerusalem have no legal validity and constitute a flagrant violation of the Fourth Geneva Convention. (only USA Absent)

1980: Called upon Israel to adhere to the Geneva Conventions and to facilitate the return of the individuals concerned to resume the functions they were elected or appointed to do. - C

1981: Condemned an attack by Israel on an IAEA-approved nuclear site in Iraq - C

1981: The Council called for an immediate cessation of attacks by Israel on Lebanon. The Council went on to demand that Israel respect the territorial integrity of Lebanon. - C

1981: Calls on the State of Israel to rescind its de facto annexation of the Golan Heights. - C

1982: Emergency meeting of the United Nations General Assembly to discuss the Israeli occupation of the Golan Heights. (UK, US absent)

1982: Israeli invasion of Lebanon. Demanded that Israel unconditionally withdraw all its military forces from Lebanon back to its internationally recognised border. -C

1982: Demanded that Israel lift the blockade on Beirut, the capital city of Lebanon, to allow urgent aid to the civilian population there. US didn’t participate in voting.

1982: Calls for Israel to return its troops to previous positions. (only US Absent.)

1982: Demands Israel and other parties strictly observe Security Council resolutions. -C

1985: Condemned an air raid on Tunisia by the Air Force of Israel on 1 October.
edit on -05:0016142014-07-11T13:39:16-05:0001392014-07-11T13:39:16-05:00FriFri, 11 Jul 2014 13:39:16 -0500America/Chicago by TheAlmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
1990: Expressed concern over Israel's rejection of resolutions 672 (1990) and 673 (1990). Condemns Israel for its decision to resume the deportation of Palestinians from the occupied territories, urging the Israeli government to accept the de jure applicability of the Fourth Geneva Convention of 1949 and abide by it. - C

1991: Condemned the deportations that were in violation of the Fourth Geneva Convention referring to the protection of civilians in times of war. The resolution deplored the action and reiterated that Israel should refrain from deporting any more Palestinians and ensure the safe and immediate return of those deported. -C

1992: Council condemned the deportations that were in violation of the Fourth Geneva Convention referring to the protection of civilians in times of war. The resolution deplored the action and reiterated that Israel should refrain from deporting any more Palestinians and ensure the safe and immediate return of those deported. Israel did not comply with the resolution, and continued to deport Palestinians who were suspected of being involved in terrorist activities to neighbouring Arab countries. -C

1992: Condemned the deportations that were in violation of the Fourth Geneva Convention referring to the protection of civilians in times of war. The resolution deplored the action and reiterated that Israel should refrain from deporting any more Palestinians and ensure the safe and immediate return of those deported. -C

1994: Expressing its shock at the massacre committed against Palestinian worshippers and calling upon Israel to confiscate arms in order to prevent acts of violence by Israeli settlers. - No Voting

2000: Deplored the visit by Ariel Sharon to the Temple Mount. The resolution was originally a strong condemnation of Israel but the USA threatened to veto this version and then abstained from voting (only one who abstained)

2002: Demands end to Israeli measures in Ramallah and withdrawal of troops. - (only US Absent)

2004: Calls upon Israel to cease demolishing Palestinian homes - (only US Absent - the US doesn't think homes should be safe)

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
just read the words in bold if you're too lazy to read the list. I just really don't believe lots of people here actually read the list. I wish the mods would replace the OP with this spaced out and bolded version so newcomers will find it easier to read.
edit on -05:0059142014-07-11T13:36:59-05:0001362014-07-11T13:36:59-05:00FriFri, 11 Jul 2014 13:36:59 -0500America/Chicago by TheAlmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

No, sir, I don't NOT agree with your post and find it 100% biased towards the destruction of Israel as a nation. In fact, I am personally offended by the dribble you have posted and have asked the mods to remove this thread. It has no place on ATS.

Funniest thing I read all day. Someone gives 3 posts full of U.N. Condemnations against a country due to their aggressive behavior and you are offended by the dribble and want it removed. Care to refute any of it? Is it all lies?

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I don't usually weigh into middle east issues, but over the years I've seen a trend and I have to call it as I see it.

Since I was a youngling, I've witnessed a lot of US diplomats 'in talks' with Netanyahu at one one point or another, and Arafat was the man that was ostracized, and recent evidence shows that Yasser could've been poisoned.

I can't speak for everyone, but that is what I saw. In my opinion certain factions favor Israel for reasons that are beyond my understanding, and if peace is to be achieved it cannot be done by favoring one side over another.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Proof the UN is staffed by liberal idiots...

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: rustyclutch

What's funny about your support of terrorist nations?

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: demus

Now THIS is a pack of lies.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freenrgy2
a reply to: rustyclutch

What's funny about your support of terrorist nations?

Something like this you mean:-

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: teamcommander

I, for one, have never learned to displace pity with anger. Maybe others have.

There can be no other way to put it.

I have been under the impression that those who come to this site have, more or less, taken on the creed of "deny ignorance".
The attitude which some take on is quite the opposite. They incourage ignorance with their open displays of dogmatic adherance to some self serving points which, it seems, they think should trump all other points of discussion.
I have often been told, and I think I have heard it said here, that if one argues with a fool they only succeed in lowering themselves to that level.
I do enjoy the discussions which I find here at this site. That is until the people which I have just discribed insist upon their's being the only point of view.

I do deny ignorance, except when people present political diatribe as evidence to support the continuous terrorist attacks against a nation who should be allowed to exist peacefully, without having to go back to the '67 borders or further than that.

I am not trying to argue with "fools" (have YOU been fooled?), but believe in my position 100%. No NATION is perfect and certainly no HUMAN. Therefore, BOTH are prone to make mistakes and misjudgements, sometimes with disastrous consequences. But I will not see a topic like this (i.e. WHY ISRAEL SHOULD BE WIPED OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH...and if you don't get that message then I can't help you anyway), floated to the top of the trending topics, whereby anyone who speaks up for Israel is a jew lover or zionist.

I have read numerous "other points of view" and have even entertained these to some degree, but I don't accept that palestine is a nation that has always existed. Is is a tool to be used against Israel. Unfortunately, as time goes on, people forget and start to blindly accept whatever crap is furthered by various media outlets.

When is the last time you heard on the news that Jerusalem is the holiest site for Christians compared to how Jerusalem is the third holiest site for muslims? Sick and tired of the demonizing of one tiny nation in a sea of terrorists.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join