It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Eye Opening Look At Israel's Ugly History

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Corruption Exposed

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
a reply to: Corruption Exposed

I got my IP banned from Metro news.

Seems public opinion is not part of the "news". I read a paper that explained the the news and advertisements within the news are not the product these media corporations produce. WE are the product that these media corporations produce. Our opinions and what we believe is true is the real product of today's corporate media.

Thank goodness for alternative media and sites such as this one that allow us to voice our opinions with minimal censorship compared to the mainstream media outlets.

In Canada, as you have noticed, our outlets are pro-Israel and do not allow comments that paint Israel in negative light pass the moderation stage on their articles. Meanwhile the comments are full of pro-Israel propaganda - nothing more than a bunch of Zionist back-scratching.

Stephen Harper just voiced his solidarity with Israel's response as he always does support their massacres. His "I will defend Israel no matter the cost" comment he made a few years ago has certainly proven to be true.

Prime Minister Stephen Harper reiterated Canada's support for Israel Wednesday in a conversation with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

www.ctvnews.ca...

Canada used to stand against this type of crap but now our government is doing whatever it can to muddy up the waters when it comes to the ME peace process. Our elected officials are nothing more than Zionist lapdogs that allow these atrocities to continue with their public support for Israel while withdrawing donations from the Palestinians.

The Zionist lobbyists have a firm grip on Canadian politics...

I wrote a letter to John Baird with my concerns over their obvious bias with regard to Israel. I asked him to stop speaking on behalf of Canadians regarding the Israel/Palestine issue. I doubt he will write back like the late Mr. Flarherty did about my concerns. It is so frustrating to listen to John and Steve beak off about what Canada thinks. He is hardly a voice for Canadians. He beat Martin only because of the sponsorship scandal and wasn't even a contest between Steve and "please don't steal my lunch money" Dion as well as "I used to live in Canada" Ignatieff. I could have won against those 2 knobs. The only chance Canada had was Layton and what do you know, he drops dead just before taking a seat as official opposition. Flaherty was the only bit of sense (arguably) in this government and what do you know, he drops dead too a week after leaving office.

Something is going on up here and I'm not liking it.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: teamcommander

The rest of history is filled with people of one place invading and taking over land which is already occupied by someone else.

YEP.

Doesn't matter where a person is or where they live.

The land they currently sit on was taken from someone else.

NUMEROUS examples of that exist since recorded history.

There is no one living that can judge.

NO ONE.

Ok !

You made a "reply" to one line.

Now, would you care to do the same thing with the rest of my inquiry as to your position?

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
You know...

If someone brought me to a party and I wasn't welcomed by everyone present -- I would probably leave instead of trying to get everyone to tolerate my presence.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

The rest of history is filled with people of one place invading and taking over land which is already occupied by someone else.

YEP.

Doesn't matter where a person is or where the live.

NO ONE.
Just because we all have been assholes at one time or the other throughout the history it doesn't mean it is ok to continue doing so!...People used to lie, cheat, kill,bribe and manipulate to get to where they wanted to be and as we have grown and evolved we do not do that kind of stuff anymore or at least we try not to,,,ok we certainly do not brag about it or glorify it anymore,but if some do that's their problem and it is not justifiable at all,,,all right i will admit,people still do but it is not OK.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

YEP.

Doesn't matter where a person is or where they live.

NO ONE.

What a complete load of cobblers

I am a "Briton"

The history of Briton goes back to 9600 BC, when the first Britons inhabited these islands. Before then the islands where barren of humans.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
100s of rockets may have been fired from gaza into Israel since the recent escalation yet the Israeli dead caused by these rockets totals is......

Palestine has confirmed 78 dead so far...

It is highly likely that to date more Palestinians than Israelis have been killed by the rockets which have been fired at Israel.

edit on 1072014 by DodgyDawg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Amen to that.

I've always been sympathetic to the Jews' history of genuine abuses, but as far as the state of Israel is concerned you'd think they'd be able to take a step back and realize that if you moved into a neighborhood where all your neighbors despise you, that's on YOU.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

originally posted by: Gorman91

It's not right, but it was necessary.

Swap Israelis for Europeans

Swap Palestinians for Native American Indians

You have the same scenario

And the really bad thing about that is you have the same people paying for it. The American government.
edit on 10-7-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

a reply to: n00bUK

Maybe if they stopped land grabbing what they weren't entitled to, the surrounding neighbors wouldn't be so pissed(

LOL wow.

Some people really do need to open up a GD history book.

After 2000 YEARS feel free to point out the 'real' owners.

Now back to pushing demagogic bubbles.

'Bad' Israel BAD!

Just ignore the rest of the worlds history while we are at it.

Talk about intellectual DISHONESTY.

Not as DISHONEST as you. Were there international laws at the time of video was talking about against annexing land by force? There is now and Israel is breaking it and has been breaking it since 1948.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
The hyperbole and rancor directed towards Israel is an indication as to why they sometimes respond to violence in the same manner.

The stated goal of all their neighboring states is to eradicate the nation of Israel, and that implies murdering the actual humans living there, too.

At the core of it all is a visceral, wide-spread hatred of Jews... for various invalid reasons.

As I see it, Israel is the only rational, stable, free state in the area... and even though they do deplorable things, at times, in response to other deplorable things done to them, I'm amazed at their restraint and humanity... in general.

If I were despised by a great majority of the world for just being born to a certain family, I think I'd be a bit paranoid and might over react to defend myself sometimes.

I'm not happy with the Palestinian situation, but darn it, the Palestinian leaders/militia are more at fault and crazed than the Israelis.

If all aggression were stopped towards Israel, they would stop being aggressive in their defense. Period.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
The hyperbole and rancor directed towards Israel is an indication as to why they sometimes respond to violence in the same manner.

The stated goal of all their neighboring states is to eradicate the nation of Israel, and that implies murdering the actual humans living there, too.

At the core of it all is a visceral, wide-spread hatred of Jews... for various invalid reasons.

As I see it, Israel is the only rational, stable, free state in the area... and even though they do deplorable things, at times, in response to other deplorable things done to them, I'm amazed at their restraint and humanity... in general.

If I were despised by a great majority of the world for just being born to a certain family, I think I'd be a bit paranoid and might over react to defend myself sometimes.

I'm not happy with the Palestinian situation, but darn it, the Palestinian leaders/militia are more at fault and crazed than the Israelis.

If all aggression were stopped towards Israel, they would stop being aggressive in their defense. Period.

Did you even read the OP? It might give you a small clue as to why there is aggression against Israel

Also I didn't hear anyone talking about eradicating Israel or bad mouthing Jewish people on this thread so don't try to inject that lame ass excuse into it, this is about Israel's numerous violations of international law.

edit on 10-7-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
This list proves how often Israel's enemies waste the UN's time and resources.

Complaining about capturing a Nazi in Argentina...so petty.

Complaining about Israel winning the war the Arab's started to annihilate them....the UN is so useful.....NOT.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

I'm not excusing the crimes... just adding context as I see it.

It's now a chain of reaction-retribution... but the initial hostile actions started where?

That doesn't excuse the deplorable acts... not-at-all.

No govt is blameless in the region... it's just that focusing on Israel's actions is disingenuous.

There is context and causes all around that state that gets conveniently ignored.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
This website is so full of Anti-Israeli propaganda it is ridiculous. I know Israel isn't perfect or blameless but they are certainly not the root of the unrest and violence in the Middle East. It is so typical for the ATS community to get on their "moral" high horse and condemn Israel for the unimaginable crime of self defense... And please, tell me how Israel being just about twice the size of Rhode Island is somehow a country bent on stealing land? I would like all Western people who judge Israel to then look in the mirror so they can see exactly what hypocrisy looks like.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

I'm not excusing the crimes... just adding context as I see it.

It's now a chain of reaction-retribution... but the initial hostile actions started where?

That doesn't excuse the deplorable acts... not-at-all.

No govt is blameless in the region... it's just that focusing on Israel's actions is disingenuous.

There is context and causes all around that state that gets conveniently ignored.

From the OP

You might be thinking, well, there must be other resolutions that condemn Palestine, Hezbollah, and Hamas for the same stuff. Nope. I looked. The only ones that have condemnations for the Muslim side are like 4 or 5 maybe and all of them are towards BOTH sides so it condemns Israel AS WELL!

And two comments below

I don't have much time, but here's last year's tally: 2013 at the UN: 21 resolutions against Israel, 4 on rest of the world

That might be for 2012. More later

blog.unwatch.org... link to that story.

My point is, it is time to put away the violin for Israel and start shedding the spotlight on their illegal activities. They have no right to play the victim card anymore when the are in serious breach of human rights.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: hxc408

And please, tell me how Israel being just about twice the size of Rhode Island is somehow a country bent on stealing land?

Go look at a map of Israel that was made in 1948 and look at a present day map then you will see all the land they have stolen.

Do you think the Palestinians just said you can have the land we don't want it anymore?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlmo

Well, no one will ever hold Israel accountable in a tangible way. The reason why is that it will never surrender even an inch. It will take everyone who opposes it with them before it will give in even a little. The Wold knows this. Either you are with Israel or you are against it in there book. Israel will fight to the last person and last drop of blood and blow the world to kingdom come before it gives in. Feeble scoldings do nothing and never will.

People can take that however they want but it's a cold hard reality. World Leaders and Nations everywhere know that if even a single action were taken to disarm or invade it would be the end for everyone within Israel's reach.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

They have no right to play the victim card anymore when the are in serious breach of human rights.

I can agree with that statement... no human rights abuses should be tolerated or excused. Israel has done things that self-defense doesn't excuse. So have others.

No people should be assessed before their actions make them assessable. No govt either.

Deplorable actions have been taken by all sides and all players in this violent arena.

There are extremists on both sides, even though my personal experience and observations tell me one side has more individuals who are more intractable and less likely to listen to reason.

It would be nice if it could stop... without the eradication of any more people.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
You know, somehow I think some Nazis may have infiltrated the first people to Israel after the war, and just happened to offer up suggestions that lead to how they're treating the Palestinians today.

Jewish leader 1: Well here is the new country for the Jews!
Jewish leader 2: But there are these people who are living here that are different than us. What should we do?
Jewish leader 1: Hmm...I guess we could try to live with them...share our cultures...
Nazi Plant: NO! ISRAEL IS FOR THE JEWS ONLY! WE WERE HERE FIRST! THEY ARE SUBHUMAN AND BELOW US!
Jewish leader 3: But they seem quite friendly, I'm sure the Jewish people can live in harmony--
Nazi Plant: NEVER! THEY STOLE THE LAND FROM US TAKE IT BACK THEY'RE EVIL AND HATE US THEIR GOD WANTS US DEAD IT SAYS SO IN THEIR HOLY BOOK THEY STOLE OUR RIGHTFUL PLACE JEWISH STATE ONLY BLAH BLAH BLAH ZIONISM IS AWESOME BLAH BLAH JEWS ONLY! BLAH BLAH AND LET'S STERILIZE THE AFRICAN JEWS FOR GOOD MEASURE BLAH BLAH HEIL HIT---I mean--GO JEWS WE'RE AWESOME!

The above is not to offend, just some dark humour to lighten up a very bad situation

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlmo

This post is absolutely ridiculous and made me make an account on this website and wrote a comment do to how laughable it is that you are calling Israel a terrorist country!!. As far as I and most the world are concerned, Well those who are blinded by not only extreme islamics but the majority of any person who is dumb enough to follow Islam. Israel is the only normal country in that god for saken region in which the world can actually conversant with and talk diplomatic with them unlike there surrounding neighbors who would like to nuke anything and everything in the world that does not follow the way of some stupid bastard named muhammad and the koran. Israel has been defending themselves since day 1 when they became a country, and just because your mad because they don't follow the way of your religion and have been attacked for it from the gecko in which they just kick you ass every time and can single handily defeat every country in there region by themselves DOES NOT MAKE THEM A TERRORIST A STATE. That kind of non-sense comes with following a society who uses religion to do evil.

Its funny how all the surrounding countries started this conflict in the first place for not acknowledging them as a valid country and vowing to destroy them from day one. Yet Isreal has won every war/conflict against them, so now all you little cry babies Israel haters want to cry and complain about them because you have completely failed to do anything and Israel is the strongest military country in the region now and if you couldn't even win a war against them when they were nothing in the 1950s, you can clearly see theres nothing that can be done to them today other then crying about how mean they are for winning a wars/battles that the islamic countries in the area have continuously started with them.

edit on 10-7-2014 by xxspadyxx because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join