It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Eye Opening Look At Israel's Ugly History

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Either way, to address Israel's record and totally ignore that of the palestinians and the rest of the Arab world is disingenuous at the least, bigoted at the worst.

You can always tell when someone has an agenda to push....either that or you can tell when bigotry rears it's ugly head when the discussion only deals with one aspect, one side or one view without any consideration of another perspective.

I do not maintain that Israel is without fault. I do, however, insist that the Arab actions be taken into consideration if one wants to be honest. If you just want to maintain a spin, an agenda, a bigoted view then proceed as before.

Funny how progressives can be so closed minded to the degree that they are.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677
a reply to: demus

You are a jew hater and that is clear by your every post.

You cannot see shades of grey...only black and white.

The sign of a closed and bigoted mind.

An open mind would recognize that the palestinians also have a dog in this race....that they have contributed immensely to the problems.

...what kind of character you have, try responding to some of my questions.

your questions doesn't have to be answered by me, your questions are answered by being asked - it is called terrorism.

I never said Palestinians do not "have dog in this race" or that they are not part of the problem...

I have challenge for you:

1. find one post where I said anything wrong about any religious group

or

2. apologize for flaming
edit on 15America/Chicago07u08 by demus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Funny how progressives can be so closed minded to the degree that they are.

You'd pretty much have to take one giant step back to appreciate the irony of your statement. I don't expect that's gonna happen.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

My first response to your post was: "Are you kidding me?"

But then I saw that I confused you with another poster so, indeed, I do owe you an apology for that.

However, I do not owe you an apology for responding to your post, the one dripping with sarcasm and the implication that since both sides were at fault that there was no further need for discussion.

Both sides are responsible, however I find that most often it is Israel that is responding after being attacked. A nation does have the right and the responsibility to respond to overt attacks against itself.

edit on 15-7-2014 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I do try to maintain an open mind. I can examine this ongoing conflict and realize several things.

One of which is that they both feed off each other.

Another is that most often it is Israel which is responding to attacks from Hezbollah, Hamas or Palestinian suicide bombs (suicide bombings which, I might add, have reduced significantly the last decade or 2).

I also realize that there is no single answer that will satisfy both sides, or at least, I fail to see one.

I think that is considerably more open-minded than blaming Israel for everything and totally ignoring the actions of Hamas, Hezbollah and the Palestinians (as if they can do no wrong, or perhaps their actions are solely in response to actions taken by the Israelis, which is Bs of the highest order).

I am not waving some agenda flag claiming that it is all the fault of one side or the other. That is either sheer ignorance or the actions of a bigot.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I do not owe you an apology for responding to your post...

Both sides are responsible...

I don't need your apology.

nor do Palestinians need your apology.

visualizingpalestine.org...

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I am not waving some agenda flag claiming that it is all the fault of one side or the other. That is either sheer ignorance or the actions of a bigot.

I hope you're not including me in that assessment. If moderate observations are now suspect...well, that in itself is pretty telling.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I think this video says it all!

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

uhh...you requested an apology and got one. rofl
doh!

Your chart proves that Israel is better at making war. Your point is?

Are you recommending that Israel just take it on the chin and not respond?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Not at all. I just responded to your post implying I was closed minded on the subject.

I may be more closed minded than some, but I am definitely more open minded than others.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

uhh...you requested an apology and got one. rofl
doh!

Your chart proves that Israel is better at making war. Your point is?

Are you recommending that Israel just take it on the chin and not respond?

Israel is better at killing civilians - that is what the chart proves.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Hilux1996

The claim in the video is that the bombing is a response to the 3 murdered children.

lol

The missiles being fired by Hamas have nothing to do with it..

Ridiculous. The basic premise of the video is incorrect.

There was a proposal for a ceasefire as presented by Egypt. Israelis ceased fire. Hamas did not. Clearly stated that since Hamas has not stopped firing missiles into Israel from Gaza, the bombing will resume.

Now...tell me again how the Israeli bombing of Gaza is because of 3 murdered kids? Tell me how the palestinians involved in lobbing missiles into Israel from Gaza are innocent? Tell me how those who know where the Hamas weapons are and where they are being fired from and say nothing are innocent? How about those who see the missile batteries being set up and fail to say anything...are they innocent as well?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

let's face it, it started with it.

and Netanyahu immediately accusing Hamas and wowed "they will pay", started instigating violence - several Palestinian teenagers died, hundreds were arrested, thousands houses were searched for Hamas members but was there a real investigation before the accusations and actions?

you can and will never be able to justify what Israel did this time.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

And this is a revelation?

What blows the mind is that the palestinians seem to be unable to resist poking the bear's nose.

No offense, bud, but I knew that 40 years ago. Anyone paying attention knows that.

Anyone paying attention knows that this is the modern version of guerrilla warfare and civilians will die. War is hell. If one is unwilling to pay the price, then do not conduct war, specially against someone who has become so efficient at killing. The Israelis did not start off there being efficient. They evolved to become that way.

But ho! The surrounding countries and palestinians and totally innocent!!

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I know of only one palestinian teen that died as a direct result of the 3 jewish kids killed. He was set on fire by other kid/kids and the authorities have made an arrest or arrests.

If there were others, could you please post the details of what you are alleging? They should be legit sources and not bs internet BS posts. You know the difference.

I will admit that Israel (and have stated so repeatedly) is not innocent in their dealings with the palestinians. Nor are the palestinians even remotely close to innocent in their attitude towards the Jewish.

What would be the response of the authorities if a group in, say, south Dallas had a decades long history of suicide bombing and missile lobbing into north Dallas?

The fact that the Israelis are as efficient at killing as they are is a result of social evolution. The palestinians are no doubt the result of their own particular social evolution. Apparently though, they cannot get it into their heads to quit poking the bear in the nose.

In the real world, how does that usually work out? (from an evolutionary standpoint).

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: demus

let's face it, it started with it.

and Netanyahu immediately accusing Hamas and wowed "they will pay", started instigating violence - several Palestinian teenagers died, hundreds were arrested, thousands houses were searched for Hamas members but was there a real investigation before the accusations and actions?

you can and will never be able to justify what Israel did this time.

I am not justifying what either side is doing. Other than Israel has a right, and the responsibility to respond to missiles being fired into their lands.

The bombings are a direct result of the missiles. The missiles are the result of the EXCUSE of the murder of a single palestinian teen. This is borne out by the fact that there was a chance of a cease fire ... but rejected by Hamas. Think long and hard on that.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

The claim in the video is that the bombing is a response to the 3 murdered children.

lol

The missiles being fired by Hamas have nothing to do with it..

Ridiculous. The basic premise of the video is incorrect.

There was a proposal for a ceasefire as presented by Egypt. Israelis ceased fire. Hamas did not. Clearly stated that since Hamas has not stopped firing missiles into Israel from Gaza, the bombing will resume.

Now...tell me again how the Israeli bombing of Gaza is because of 3 murdered kids? Tell me how the palestinians involved in lobbing missiles into Israel from Gaza are innocent? Tell me how those who know where the Hamas weapons are and where they are being fired from and say nothing are innocent? How about those who see the missile batteries being set up and fail to say anything...are they innocent as well?

You forgot about the Gas. Another reason for the Coward leaders of Israel to attack Gaza and kill off the Palestinian race. Same # as Syria and Iraq. And most definitely the same reason that Israel is wanting to bomb Iran. Oil and Gas outweighs the Human right to live!

And Israel like America and Britain use False Flags as an excuse when slaughtering innocent people to grab resources!

Damn the people! We want Gas Money!!

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

A yesss... gas. And false flags, oh my!

Gaza, heavily populated by the 13th fastest growing population in the world. Once owned by the Israeli govt, but given to the palestinians and self governance back in the 90s (if I remember correctly).

Yeah...I will believe all that when Israel retakes possession of the strip. Until then I will consider those remarks to be the ramblings of a paranoid mind.

If there is evidence to support what you are saying, I would, of course, be highly interested in learning the details. Please do not post links to sites feeding on the paranoid of the world, however.

oh...and I don't mean evidence of the existence of gas there...this is the Middle East, of course.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Yeah ok. Whatever!!

Gas? What gas? Paranoia?

Hmmmm I beg to differ!

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

First off...I never said "what gas". This is the freaking Middle East. There is gas or oil everywhere.

Secondly...yeah, an Iranian tv broadcast in english is a reliable and trustworthy source of information LOL

Propaganda? What? No chance for propaganda on an Iranian news cast regularly broadcast (exclusively broadcast) in english... after all, what would be the purpose?

rofl

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join