It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Eye Opening Look At Israel's Ugly History

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
How many of the others are wiping a whole nation off the map?

What nation is being wiped off the map?

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: CommandoJoe
Arab citizens of Israel

Knesset The Mossawa Center — an advocacy organization for Arabs in Israel — blames the Knesset of discrimination against Arabs, citing a 75% increase in discriminatory and racist bills submitted to the Knesset in the year 2009. According to the report, 11 bills deemed by the center to be "discriminatory and racist" were placed on the legislature's table in 2007, while 12 such bills were initiated in 2008. However, in 2009 a full 21 bills deemed discriminatory by the Mossawa Center were discussed in the Knesset. The reports categorizes as "racist" proposals such as giving academic scholarships to soldiers who served in combat units, and a bill to revoke government funding from organizations acting "against the principles of the State". The Coalition Against Racism and the Mossawa Center said that the proposed legislation seeks to de-legitimize Israel's Arab citizens by decreasing their civil rights.

All the above is pretty weak... The example bill is hardly racist and has nothing to do with rights or being Jewish. It would also apply to Orthodox Jews that don't serve. If Arabs were not allowed in the military you might have a case for racism, but the are allowed to serve. One of my Arab co-workers/friend served in the IDF. Scholarships are not a right, if that bill passed, it is a benefit of performing that particular service... Just as US veterans are can get the GI Bill or VA loans - do you think those that didn't serve should also get them? They have something like a VA loan for those that served in the military here, but if say for example you object to serving in the military you can perform a year (just one year, that's all it takes) of national service and get the same benefit - Arab, Jewish, or otherwise. I know there is racism here, just as there is all over the world - that doesn't translate non-Jewish citizens not having the same RIGHTS recognized by the government... Government funding for your organization is also not a right.

Employment Of the 40 towns in Israel with the highest unemployment rates, 36 are Arab towns. According to the Central Bank of Israel statistics for 2003, salary averages for Arab workers are 29% lower than for Jewish workers. Difficulties in procuring employment have been attributed to a comparatively low level of education vis-a-vis their Jewish counterparts, insufficient employment opportunities in the vicinity of their towns, discrimination by Jewish employers, and competition with foreign workers in fields, such as construction and agriculture. Arab women have a higher unemployment rate in the work force relative to both religious and secular Jewish women. While among Arab men the employment is on par with Jewish men, 17% of Arab women are employed. This puts the Arab employment at 68% of the Israeli average. Druze and Christian Arabs have higher employment than Muslims.

When you are constantly discriminated against you don't have equal rights.

This is also true in the US - many minorities have less education, lower pay, and higher levels of unemployment. Do you think they don't have the same rights afforded by the US government as whites? There's still quite a bit of discrimination in America, just as there is all over the world - you can hardly single out Israel on this issue. Also, see bold above...
I have a few Arab co-workers/friends here - they chose to go to school and get some training. Now they have good paying jobs in the high tech industry and are valued/appreciated members of the team. There are even a few Muslim women at my work place with head covering and all, and while I don't know their personal story, they are not treated poorly from what I've seen. They are not shunned, people carry on casual conversation with them, and treat them as any other co-worker...

Let he whos country is without sin cast the first stone...

edit on 13-7-2014 by CommandoJoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch

Add the fact that Jews have been persecuted throughout their history

This post is for 1900.

Have to ask a simple question.

Why?

I want to read why, I have looked this up many times and yes there is stories from
ancient times that state that they were ran out of town or some were killed.
But Why.

I have only found 2 times why they were ran out of a town. With reason
1st was a town/ city that ran them out for not following laws of the land.
having lent moneys to people and charging interest was against the law yet they did it.
having being told to stop they tried to get an uprising and over throw the "person on the throne"
It didn't work and they were thrown out of town.
2nd was the same thing except a different town and different time, and in that case
it was told that there were 300 kicked out of town, yet in the eyes of the ones being kicked out
it was 900.

But mostly the answers are the same thing because they are Jews. No that is not the answer
it does not answer Why. What was done to make others "hate them so much" ?

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: paxnatus
a reply to: duesprimusvictorimmortali

Here you go, I did not write this list but it is upheld by the U.S. Department of State:

What is considered Antisemitic:

Identifying Antisemitic Activity

AMCHA Initiative employs the definition of antisemitic activity, “Defining Antisemitism,”adopted by the U.S. Department of State, under the Global Anti-Semitism Review Act of 2004. Included in the definition, and explicitly recognized by the U.S. State Department as forms of antisemitism, are BEHAVIOR, rhetoric or imagery that:

Uses symbols and images Associated with historical antisemitism, by making “mendacious, dehumanizing, demonizing, or stereotypical allegations about Jews as such, or the power of Jews as a collective-especially but not exclusively, the myth about a world Jewish conspiracy or of Jews controlling the media, ECONOMY, governments, or other societal institutions.”

Accuses Jews and Israel of inventing or exaggerating the Holocaust

Demonizes Israel by using “the symbols and images associated with classic antisemitism to characterize Israel or Israelis,” e.g. claims that Israelis are evil or blood-thirsty and deliberately murder children, or Jews control the world

Draws comparisons of Jews to Nazis.

Delegitimizes Israel by suggesting that Israel is an illegitimate state and does not belong in the FAMILY of nations.

Denies the Jewish people their right to self-determination, by denying Israel the right to exist or promoting the elimination of Israel as a Jewish state.

Applies double standards to Israel, “by requiring of it a BEHAVIOR not expected or demanded of any other democratic nation,” eg. by claiming that Israel is the worst human rights violator in the world, while ignoring the countries in the world which have far worse human rights records than Israel.

Condones or expresses support for TERRORISM against Israel or Jews, by calling for, aiding or justifying the killing or harming of Jews.

In addition, AMCHA Initiative has added two categories, which are consistent with U.S. Department of State’s definition of antisemitism, although not explicitly stated within it. These include behavior, rhetoric or imagery that:

Promotes boycott, divestment, sanctions against Israel. Virtually all recent campaigns to boycott, sanction, and divest from Israel (BDS) were established in response to the political call issued by 171 Palestinian NonGovernmental Organizations, July 9, 2005. The first and primary signatory of the Palestinian BDS Call was the Council of National and Islamic Forces in Palestine, which, according to the Anti-Defamation League, was founded by Yasser Arafat at the start of the Second Intifada in 2000 for the purpose of “organizing a unified effort among major Palestinian factions to oppose Israel and coordinate terror attacks.” The Council includes among its constituent organizations Hamas, the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP) and PFLP –

Pax

AMCHA Initiative

This describes a lot of posts here on ATS.
Antisemetism is an organized funded effort that then perpetuates from sheep followers of the propaganda.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freenrgy2
a reply to: demus

Now THIS is a pack of lies.

Oh do great teacher "the all knowing of history"

do tell me and others the true history of the land that is

East of Mediterranean Sea, West of Jordan, North of Egypt and South of Lebanon

I'd look it up but there is just so many lies about Palestine being there for a time or two.

Save me and the others from these lies and tell us the truth.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Well with your deep comment I could claim the same that every pro Palestinian here are sheeple and are buying into the propaganda! However, I am able to think for myself and do not believe that is the case....So before you generalize ALL posters whom hold a different opinion than you, educate yourself a little more please.......

I want to make something perfectly clear, please the only reason i posted that list was to build my argument that the vitriolic reply that i received made the person seem Antisemitic.....that is all.... Israel has made mistakes just like every other country! I was making a point regarding a specific poster....

The post was then egged on by someone else who said " Do not pull that BS, esp. on us"!

Pax

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
TO: BASEMENT WARRIOR KRYPTONITE:

You never replied when i ask who is "us" in your post to me telling me not to pull this BS...etc.

The only thing I have seen from you is you are ultra sensitive about dishwashers and burger flippers and any other example someone has brought up here....Nothing to add to this debate from what i see.....

Thanks,
Pax

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Well with your deep comment I could claim the same that every pro Palestinian here are sheeple and are buying into the propaganda! However, I am able to think for myself and do not believe that is the case....So before you generalize ALL posters whom hold a different opinion than you, educate yourself a little more please.......

I want to make something perfectly clear, please the only reason i posted that list was to build my argument that the vitriolic reply that i received made the person seem Antisemitic.....that is all.... Israel has made mistakes just like every other country! I was making a point regarding a specific poster....

The post was then egged on by someone else who said " Do not pull that BS, esp. on us"!

Pax

I didn't post an opinion, I posted a fact based on the clear evidence you provided.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

And while I realize you have not been here very long, take a look around to most of the threads here.....If you are Christian or Jewish or in anyway pro Israel then you are equated to being some nut job far right radical, a terrorist or a person that lacks the ability to think for themselves but is so weak minded they are being controlled by their govt.
Yet, if you are Islamic, Muslim or pro Palestine....You get a free pass on everything god forbid someone is politically incorrect!!

And yet I see the complete opposite

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

Uses symbols and images Associated with historical antisemitism

Uses symbols and images Associated with historical antisemitism, by making “mendacious, dehumanizing, demonizing, or stereotypical allegations about Jews as such, or the power of Jews as a collective-especially but not exclusively, the myth about a world Jewish conspiracy or of Jews controlling the media, ECONOMY, governments, or other societal institutions.”

- think about it Christians persecuted Jews at one time ,
there shouldn't be crosses hung up all over the place... yes?
so by wearing one you are Antisemitic

But it's ok - yet if you have a swastika by god you are a freaking nazi froth at the mouth

food for thought
if all of us who are against Israels behavior is "Antisemitic" how do you feel about this speech?

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

TO: BASEMENT WARRIOR KRYPTONITE:

You never replied when i ask who is "us" in your post to me telling me not to pull this BS...etc.

The only thing I have seen from you is you are ultra sensitive about dishwashers and burger flippers and any other example someone has brought up here....Nothing to add to this debate from what i see.....

Thanks,
Pax

Yes, yes I did reply with exactly that and you have missed it. It is clearly following quite close to your own post. You are just digging and digging and digging - aren't you?

Instead of blindly digging like a little mole, why not open your eyes?

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: HammyCat
a reply to: paxnatus

if all of us who are against Israels behavior is "Antisemitic" how do you feel about this speech?

Israel's behavior is Defense after being attacked.

Twist and turn it any way you like, that is what is happening. If you react to false representations of reality to display anti-Semitism then you cannot point to the false representations for justification, because they are false.

To have the opinions of varying degrees of self defense that should be employed is legitimate, because it recognizes the true nature of the events.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
WTF is Russian Christian?

Oh and just because they haven't succeeded yet doesn't mean it isn't happening.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
WTF is Russian Christian?

Oh and just because they haven't succeeded yet doesn't mean it isn't happening.

I thought the same thing. I wonder how they end up with half a christian too?! Chainsaw?

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

So what your saying is the video I had posted is false and that Israel should keep its ethnic cleansing going?

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Criticism of policies of the Israeli government does in no way equate antisemitism, and any suggestion that it does is either stupid, Orwellian, or quite possibly both. Period.

edit on 13-7-2014 by JohnnyCanuck because: of style.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

edit on 7/13/2014 by paxnatus because: change of heart

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
My apologies to you Blind warrior krypt!!!!

I just found your post yet have not had time to read it!

Pax

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

My apologies to you Blind warrior krypt!!!!

I just found your post yet have not had time to read it!

Pax

Well, heck if you apologise for that, I apologise for the tone I used in my previous post.

Enjoy your day

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

Okay what Jewish state do you speak of? Palestine or Israel? you do know the word Semite is actually referring to Hebrew language and most Arabs are of Hebrew dissent......so is it the European Jews you are against with there Nazi actions? These would be the German Jews forced out of Europe after the Holocaust and they were deliberately sent to Palestine by the Germans and the countries that supported Germany to set up their own Nation State, because the Germans had convinced Europe that if you were of Jewish descent then you were of a totaldifferent race altogether beneath that of European Christians but in the bigger scheme of things it was to weaken the support for Russia at the time.....

The Germans made everything that everyone bitches about Israel happen.....They sold them weapons. They funded them millions to build their country because of genocide that took place during the Holocaust

I apologize for using the word Antisemitic I should have said Anti Jewish or better yet Anti israel!!

When someone compares Israel to Nazi's that makes my blood boil and sickens me to the core!! one has to be a very sick individual to stoop that low!!!!!So where does that leave the Arab Jews? I guess that leaves them threatening one another killing one another in the name of ALLAH!! So sad really........

Pax

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join