It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Eye Opening Look At Israel's Ugly History

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+49 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I will start by giving you official UN Resolutions that condemn Israeli actions since it was founded in 1948. Remember, all those resolutions are official and you can find them by yourself on this page by choosing the desired year:

en.wikipedia.org...

The "C" at the end means Consensus.

Here we go:

1949: Admission of Israel - Egypt Objects, UK Absent
1953: Violation of General Armistice by Israel - Consensus except absent Lebanon and USSR
1955: Condemning Israeli attack on Egyptian Army in the Gaza Strip - Consensus
1956: Israel was in direct violation of the General Armistice Agreement - C
1960: Violation of the Argentina’s sovereignty by arresting and transferring Nazi Colonel from Argentina to Israel and executing him - Poland and USSR absent
1961: Urging Israel to comply with the GAA after a complaint from Jordan - C
1966: Censures Israel attack on Jordan in violation of the United Nations Charter - Absent NZ
1967: Calls on Israel to ensure safety of civilians and facilitate the return of refugees and to respect humanitarian principles governing the treatment of prisoners of war and the protection of civilian persons in times of war contained in the Geneva Conventions.
1967: Calls for the "Withdrawal of Israeli armed forces from territories occupied" during the Six-Day War - C
1968: Condemns Israeli attack on Karameh, Jordan - C
1968: Condemns planned Israeli military parade in Jerusalem - C
1968: Condemns Israeli military parade - C
1968: Considers Israel’s annexation of Jerusalem to be invalid - (All except US and Canada absent)
1968: Condemns Israel’s attacks on Jordan. - C
1968: Condemns Israel’s attacks on Jordan. - Absent Algeria
1968: Deplores the delay caused by Israel in implementing resolution 237 (Canada, US, Denmark Absent)
1968: Condemns Israeli attack on the civil International Airport of Beirut, Lebanon. - C
1969: Condemns the recent premeditated air attacks launched by Israel on Jordanian villages - (US, UK, Colombia, Paraguay Absent)
1969: Censures Israeli annexation of East Jerusalem - C
1969: Condemns Israeli attack in Southern Lebanon - Adopted without vote
1969: Condemns Israel for failing to to respect previous UN Resolutions (Absent 4)
1970: Demands the immediate withdrawal of all Israeli armed forces from Lebanese territory in response to the Israeli attack in which nine Lebanese were killed and 19 wounded. - C
1970: Condemns Israel for its premeditated military action with respect to Israeli–Lebanese conflict (4 Absent)
1970: Demands the complete and immediate withdrawal of all Israeli armed forces from Lebanese territory (only USA Absent)
1971: Deplores Israel’s failure to respect UN resolutions against the annexation of Jerusalem - Absent Syria

continued below... (sorry there's a lot of it)
edit on 7/11/2014 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit -- Please do not COPY/PASTA from wiki, without appropriate tags.

+19 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Using Source Material on ATS.
edit on 7/11/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

+33 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
The entire world agrees on ALL the above resolutions. The entire world voted to pass those condemning resolutions. The entire world knows that Israel is a terrorist state (government and military, not people). Except the USA. This is the truth right before your eyes. You might be thinking, well, there must be other resolutions that condemn Palestine, Hezbollah, and Hamas for the same stuff. Nope. I looked. The only ones that have condemnations for the Muslim side are like 4 or 5 maybe and all of them are towards BOTH sides so it condemns Israel AS WELL!

Yet, somehow, people still think that Israel is a victim. You need to pass this on and show people the hidden ugly face of Israel.
edit on -05:0046142014-07-10T05:30:46-05:0005302014-07-10T05:30:46-05:00ThuThu, 10 Jul 2014 05:30:46 -0500America/Chicago by TheAlmo because: (no reason given)

+27 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   
except they are surrounded by extremists whos sole intention is to push the nation in to the ocean.

Name a nation that surrounds them who hasnt shown signs of aggression towards Israel.

Never mind the fact that Israel are peppered with rockets on a daily basis.

Add the fact that Jews have been persecuted throughout their history

I think they deserve to be on the defensive.

Consider all the wars the US, even the UK have gone over seas to fight, and then consider how many the Israelis have travelled to.

I dont think your little show is accurate, it takes more than one country to cause conflict and blaming Israel is akin to denying the aggressors near by.

edit on b2014Thu, 10 Jul 2014 05:42:21 -050073120144am312014-07-10T05:42:21-05:00 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   
sooo what about the last 10 years?

+17 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: FraternitasSaturni

I don't have much time, but here's last year's tally: 2013 at the UN: 21 resolutions against Israel, 4 on rest of the world

That might be for 2012. More later.

edit on 7/10/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

+26 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Even with all those resolutions goodluck getting anyone to enforce them or hold israel accountable for its crimes against humanity ..

The pro-israel lobby has them scared .. paid off or brainwashed into letting israel carry on with its crimes against humanity ..

+16 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

Where is your comment on the UN resolutions I posted? Do you acknowledge them or not? Are they real? Fake?

The reason I posted this thread is to set opinions aside and look at facts. What you're saying here is your opinion. Your opinion is that Israel is surrounded by extremists, and another opinion (not necessarily mine) is that Israel started all the hostility and aggression. But, in this thread, I am not discussing my opinion on the Arab Israeli conflict (or yours for that matter). I am only discussing the fact that the entire world throughout the history of the Israel has been and still is constantly condemning their actions and their human rights and international law violations and how that can be an independant testament to what's really going on.

And whoever is asking about the last 10 years, what's your point exactly? Only the last 10 years count because this is when you started getting aware of the issue?

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Here have a read...

Controversies relating to the six day war.

Some other quotes from other sources...

The current Israeli Ambassador to the U.S., Michael B. Oren, acknowledged in his book “Six Days of War“, widely regarded as the definitive account of the war, that “By all reports Israel received from the Americans, and according to its own intelligence, Nasser had no interest in bloodshed”.

Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin acknowledged in a speech in 1982 that its war on Egypt in 1956 was a war of “choice” and that, “In June 1967 we again had a choice. The Egyptian army concentrations in the Sinai approaches do not prove that Nasser was really about to attack us. We must be honest with ourselves. We decided to attack him.”

Yitzhak Rabin, who would later become Prime Minister, told Le Monde the year following the ’67 war, “I do not think Nasser wanted war. The two divisions he sent to the Sinai would not have been sufficient to launch an offensive war. He knew it and we knew it.”

edit on 10-7-2014 by ken10 because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
This is a perfect example as to why the United Nations doesn't work...

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
This is a perfect example as to why the United Nations doesn't work...

It's a useless cesspool of corruption. A total waste of our money. And yes, the American taxpayer is who does most of the funding of that hell hole. Kick 'em out of NYC. I am seriously skeptical that the Rockefellers could have basically donated American land to a foreign entity like that anyways.

+28 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch
except they are surrounded by extremists whos sole intention is to push the nation in to the ocean.

Maybe if they stopped land grabbing what they weren't entitled to, the surrounding neighbors wouldn't be so pissed(?)

I know this is kind of different subject matter, but this is how Israel get away with the #ed up # they do.

Sometimes not even reporting anything that Israel have done, but reporting the counter actions.

----
See all of the image
PC: Right Click - Open in new tab
Phone: Hold Image - View image
edit on 10-7-2014 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Name a nation that surrounds them who hasnt shown signs of aggression towards Israel.

Have you actually stopped to think why other states around Israel, show hostility to them? Hint: It might have something to do with the list above, of which you didn't bother to read.

Israel's neighbours dislike them, due to the numerous crimes they have committed against not only the Palestinian people, but its neighbouring (and even international) states.

Do you know why Israel is peppered with rockets? It might have something to do with the constant oppression and violence, committed against the Palestinian people...

Add the fact that Jews have been persecuted throughout their history

The history of the Jewish people does not excuse the actions committed by the Israeli government, since its inception.

I think they deserve to be on the defensive.

Of course they have a right to defend themselves, as do the Palestinians and every other nation of which Israel has violated.

Consider all the wars the US, even the UK have gone over seas to fight, and then consider how many the Israelis have travelled to.

The wars of the USA and UK, in the terms of which you imply, have nothing to do with Israel's illegal actions as an international state.

I dont think your little show is accurate, it takes more than one country to cause conflict and blaming Israel is akin to denying the aggressors near by.

Of course it's accurate. You just fail to see the crimes committed by all of the parties involved (and that includes the crimes committed by the Palestinians and the Israelis).

edit on 10-7-2014 by daaskapital because: sp

+23 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

There's a couple of war criminals for you

I hope to see the day where justice is served and Bibi gets prosecuted for war crimes and crimes against humanity.
edit on 10-7-2014 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Did you by any chance read anything on the OP's list?

Make any sense to you yet?

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
You would have thought Israel would have learned from WWII and done anything to avoid any nationality/religion to go through the persecution that they suffered. . . . But they haven't, they have adapted certain beliefes and treat people as they were mistreated in the past.

Please click the bottom link for the full image, I have don;t have time to crop it sorry.

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I hope this helps, it's from December 2011:

UN General Assembly Passes 9 Resolutions Against Israel

The UN General Assembly passed 9 resolutions on Friday to condemn Israel for its continued violation of human rights and building of Jewish settlements in the Palestinian and Syrian territories.

The resolutions were passed by the General Assembly after the recommendation of the Special Political and Decolonization Committee. Several of the resolutions were passed almost unanimously, with only Israel voting against them.

Among these were a resolution that called for an accelerated return of displaced persons who became refugees in 1967, and called on donor countries to assist the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestinian Refugees (UNRWA) in meeting the needs of the Palestinian refugees. This resolution was passed by a vote of 160 in favor to 1 opposed (Israel), with 9 abstentions.

Another resolution urged Israel to reimburse UNRWA for all transit charges incurred and other financial losses sustained as a result of delays and restrictions on movement and access, and to cease obstructing the movement and access of the staff, vehicles and supplies of the Agency. That resolution passed with a vote of 163 in favor to 7 against (Israel, Canada, Federated States of Micronesia, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Palau, the United States), with 2 abstentions (Cameroon, Vanuatu).

Of the other Israel-Palestine related resolutions passed by the United Nations General Assembly on Friday, five were part of the report from the Special Committee to Investigate Israeli Practices Affecting the Human Rights of the Palestinian People and Other Arabs of the Occupied Territories, and related to Israel's practices and obligations as an Occupying Power under the Fourth Geneva Convention.

I'm pretty sure that the USA's veto power has saved them from a few over the years.

Not to sure if there have been any new ones since 2011 though.

ETA:

I just read a few posts down and a member presented some more from 2013.
edit on 7/10/2014 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I can tell someone's up to no good when I can agree with the UN; that's about as bad as it gets.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

It would seem to me that the Palistinians are not very good at aiming those rockets.
After "peppering Isreal every day" for the past thirty years or so, you would think they could hit some places besides open fields.
I know the past few days the rockets have "suddenly" gotten more accurate, as well as larger, but this would seem to be the exception.
Most all the previous attacks have just hit open areas and done little damage compared to the numbers which have been fired.
edit on 10-7-2014 by teamcommander because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: n00bUK

Maybe if they stopped land grabbing what they weren't entitled to, the surrounding neighbors wouldn't be so pissed(?)

I know this is kind of different subject matter, but this is how Israel get away with the #ed up # they do.

Sometimes not even reporting anything that Israel have done, but reporting the counter actions.

----
See all of the image
PC: Right Click - Open in new tab
Phone: Hold Image - View image

It's the same thing here in the Canadian media.

The coverage goes like this...

Palestinians = Islamic militants

Israelis =Israeli forces

They make a point to mention Islam every time they mention the Palestinians, but avoid mentioning the Israeli's religion...

Fair coverage would be Islamic militants / Jewish militants or Palestinians / Israelis.

But they must associate one with religion and militancy while the other is portrayed without these categories when mentioned.

I've commented about this on articles and have even written several outlets directly with no response. CTV news even banned my IP so I can't even comment on their articles anymore...LOL.
edit on 7/10/2014 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join