It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth's Magnetic Field Is Weakening 10 Times Faster Now !

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I posted links from three sources for the Magnetic field weakening which is nothing new as most already know the field is weakening. What initially got my attention was the Livescience article where this thread title was taken. The three satellite constellation called Esa has been refining the measurements of our protective magnetic field.

theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com... e-satellites/
The article from THE EXTINCTION PROTOCOL was actually more tame than the Livescience article.

July 2014 – GEOLOGY - Earth’s magnetic field is a protective shield for our planet from cosmic radiation, but it’s also somewhat of a mystery – scientists aren’t sure why it moves and changes in intensity. And now the first set of high-resolution results from Esa’s three-satellite Swarm constellation reveal that the field is actually getting weaker, albeit by a small amount. Measurements made over the past six months confirm the general trend of the field’s weakening, with the most dramatic declines over the Western Hemisphere. Launched in November 2013, Swarm is providing unprecedented insights into the complex workings of Earth’s magnetic field, which safeguards us from the bombarding cosmic radiation and charged particles. In some areas, such as the southern Indian Ocean, the magnetic field has strengthened since January – although the overall trend is a weakening. The latest measurements also confirm the movement of magnetic North towards Siberia.

www.cbsnews.com...

Earth's magnetic field, which protects the planet from huge blasts of deadly solar radiation, has been weakening over the past six months, according to data collected by a European Space Agency (ESA) satellite array called Swarm.

The biggest weak spots in the magnetic field -- which extends 370,000 miles (600,000 kilometers) above the planet's surface -- have sprung up over the Western Hemisphere, while the field has strengthened over areas like the southern Indian Ocean, according to the magnetometers onboard the Swarm satellites -- three separate satellites floating in tandem.

The scientists who conducted the study are still unsure why the magnetic field is weakening, but one likely reason is that Earth's magnetic poles are getting ready to flip, said Rune Floberghagen, the ESA's Swarm mission manager. In fact, the data suggest magnetic north is moving toward Siberia

www.livescience.com...

If the video does not work check some of the latest on the subject either at youtube or via your search engine.
youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I have heard a theory that the Magnetic Field of Earth reacts with the Solar Cycles, and the Sun is at a weak point in its cycle. So it would make sense that the earths magnetic field is also at a weak point.

www.universetoday.com...

If the sun becomes more active earths magnetic field will follow suit.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   
S & F
My Friend,,,, How's the farming life?

So, I wanted to ask the G W crowd, do any of you think this Flip their reporting that we appear to be in the process of has anything to do with Climate Change?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   
This may sound crazy but could this have something to do with the millions of tons of iron ore Australia is sending over to China each year? Could this affect the Earth's magnetism somehow? Has something been disrupted? Or is the field generated by the core? Dunno.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I've been aware of this for some time. And yes the magnetosphere does become less efficient during a flip cycle, that can last in the order of 1000 years or so. In simple terms the direction of the polarisation does not deflect the solar wind.

I remember reading about the loss of the Mars atmosphere as a direct result of this phenomenon;

Further Reading Here

It's certainly not good news as one would expect to see a significant rise in cancer levels generally, in skin or otherwise, in both humans, livestock and the like.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell
edit on 10-7-2014 by myselfaswell because: stuff

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Now if Al Gore can link this to CO2, he can make enough money to guarantee his great-great-great-great grandchildren's retirement funds.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
wonder if its related to increased earthquake activity.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

It's certainly not good news as one would expect to see a significant rise in cancer levels generally, in skin or otherwise, in both humans, livestock and the like.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

Apparently you nailed it. Melanoma and related cancers have spiked in recent years and with the thinning of the atmosphere, it's bound to increase.

www.cancer.gov...

www.webmd.com...

Wear your sun screen!!

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I'm no expert but I'm getting a feeling that this is something to do with the 'Radiation' we are emitting and our Planet is dying as we are killing all the Nature!

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
How much do we really know about the normality of our earth magnetic field?

So either, everything is normal or we will end up like Mars in a couple years!

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
This is one way the Earth can get rid of humans. Will disease increase as a result.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I am not aware of any of the extinction events being put down to a pole shift. If the field collapsed to any large extent you would expect that to be the case.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
What increased earthquake activity? Activity is pretty much the same as six months ago. a reply to: glend

edit on PM000000310000000772830312014-07-10T18:30:54-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
This activity is only the last six months guys. Too short a time to call it the blame for increased melanoma. a reply to: olaru12

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
When did pole shift enter the conversation?a reply to: glennellis23

edit on PMu31u0772835312014-07-10T18:35:19-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Cool!
A magnetic pole shift might be in the works!

Bummer!
All those poor birds and other things that use magnetite to navigate are going to beach themselves or fly into buildings.

I wonder what effect it would have on electronics, if any?

*ponder*

s&f as this could be something to keep an eye on.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
MHO a non event headlines by various publishers for the fear effect....it sells papers you know.....

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: GallopingFish
I have heard a theory that the Magnetic Field of Earth reacts with the Solar Cycles, and the Sun is at a weak point in its cycle. So it would make sense that the earths magnetic field is also at a weak point.

www.universetoday.com...

If the sun becomes more active earth's magnetic field will follow suit.

That theory makes me feel better. Seriously. If the sun is emitting less radiation the strength of our magnetic field can weaken with it. Like a dog growing a coat in the winter, then shedding in the summer. The earth reacting like a living organism is not a difficult idea to fathom.
edit on 10-7-2014 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
10% weakening in 150 years and another 5% in just 10 years.. This may be all hype but there are a few interesting tid bits with regards to the speeding up of the process.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: grumpy64
This may sound crazy but could this have something to do with the millions of tons of iron ore Australia is sending over to China each year? Could this affect the Earth's magnetism somehow? Has something been disrupted? Or is the field generated by the core? Dunno.

I don't know about that. I don't know for sure but I think that the amount of iron we take from the is would be a pin prick in a bowling ball. Besides, the stuff we take is not the iron in the middle that spins causing the magnetic field. However, someone did tell me once that the molten core actually recycles our outer crust by pulling hardened parts down, mixing with the molten and coming back up with a new molecular make-up. I pictured what he was describing as similar to the way the ocean rolls. He and I could be totally wrong but if that were true then who knows, maybe surface mining, millions of years down the road might actually mess with the intended mix.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join