It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. American vows to never return

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Why not stay and help fix it?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
No thanks, I'm not running away. I'll stay here and fight the good fight. There is nothing broken that cannot be fixed.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker
I agree with some of your points and your general sentiment. While I do and always will love my country, the thought has crossed my mind to leave. I just feel that the US is becoming a place that I do not want my children to grow up in any more. It could be all of the doom and gloom news that I expose myself to every day, but I just feel like there is a major s**t storm coming sooner rather than later. Could be another financial crisis, civil war, race war, or a combination of all those things. Something in the back of my mind keeps telling me to "get out".

My wife's occupation would allow us to immigrate to several countries fairly easy because it falls on their needed skills list. I've actually started researching Australia and New Zealand and they look like decent places to live for quality of life. Yes, there are negatives just like any country and it would be very hard to leave the rest of our family, but the positives seem to be out-weighing the negatives more with each passing day. Not sure if we will ever take that leap, but it is definitely on my mind.

I would like to hear from more ATS'ers that were in my position and DID take the leap to move out. Where are you now? How is your experience? What are the positives? The negatives? Do you regret your decision?

Hi!

I know what I wrote is hard for some Americans to digest but is closer to the truth than what your government is telling you.

My advice is simple...........RUN!

Get out when you can because a day will come when it might not be possible.

If I was in the states right now and had a choice to pick..... I would pick South America......Ecuador maybe Panama or Argentina. Cheap to live, people are friendly, weather is great and not known for natural disasters.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Jesuslives4u

I can understand your frustration with the U.S but I think running away instead of fighting is weak.

Remember the grass only looks greener on the other side.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock

thats the beauty of leaving the country...you will find so many expats who feel the same...i have left the country 3 times to live abroad and every time i came back i regretted it. America is overrated. Id argue the only major benefit it has over most other countries is opportunity but im finding many other countries are just begging for new business ideas ...hell you don't have to reinvent the wheel..just steal and American business idea and bring it over to some place that doesn't have it.

Hi,

Thanks for your post and a good idea which is sound and would work pretty easy.

I agree that U.S. does have some opportunities that other places do not offer however to me it is not worth it.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Obama and the PTB have changed the prevailing attitudes in the US in order to facilitate the implementation of Agenda 21 and the NWO. I understand where you are coming from, but while I despise our Government I still love my country. Instead of essentially giving up and leaving we should be fighting to take it back.

I believe soon the U.N. will start its mission of cleaning up the guns of the streets of the U.S. which will start the civil war. There are enough U.N troops inside the U.S. to already start this clean up program.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

I can understand your frustration with the U.S but I think running away instead of fighting is weak.

Remember the grass only looks greener on the other side.

I understand your position. Not sure what type of fight you talk about? Words are useless, demonstrations are useless, writing books to educate people about this is useless because there are already of ton of them out there and nothing has happened, replacing one crooked politician for another is useless HOWEVER if you mean fighting back against the government once the civil war starts ..... no worries I will be standing next to you.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I'm proud to be an American. Not because of my government, but because of my family, the friends I have, the things I've accomplished.

It's one thing to stand against the Federal Government. In that you have my support.

But this land is ours, we are the true Americans. The government is not. I will never forsake my brothers

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Keep in mind that the US will still come after your income taxes wherever you are.

That said, I am so grateful to be Canadian (or not American).
It's nice up here. Relatively peaceful, and a cleaner environment from what I've seen.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
Keep in mind that the US will still come after your income taxes wherever you are.

That said, I am so grateful to be Canadian (or not American).
It's nice up here. Relatively peaceful, and a cleaner environment from what I've seen.

Hi

Thanks for your post.

Of course they will, they will also come after you for any reason no matter if you are an individual or a country.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

More power to ya brother, id be moving in heart beat if I could afford it. Hope it all works out for ya.

Peace.

edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Well, as an American you are free to live and work pretty much wherever you want (if they take you) but you're still paying Uncle Sam your taxes and so... there you are.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Good luck with that.

Run from your problems much.

When the going gets tough, let's split, that will fix it.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadySkadi
Well, as an American you are free to live and work pretty much wherever you want (if they take you) but you're still paying Uncle Sam your taxes and so... there you are.

Yep, good point. As far as taxes though, if you're overseas for over 1 year and have an income under 80k usd per year, you don't have to pay any tax. (Last I read anyways)

originally posted by: liejunkie01

Good luck with that.

Run from your problems much.

When the going gets tough, let's split, that will fix it.

I don't think he is running away from problems as much as finding a better place to live, which is understandable as the world is a big place and to each their own.

I've seen comments and sentiments like yours all the time. In the Philippines they call this the crab mentality. Like crabs in a bucket, when one tries to climb up and escape out of the bucket, there is always one crab to pull them down for whatever reason.

What exactly are the problems and toughness going on that you are personally doing something about to fix, since it sounds like you're still in the bucket?

edit on 11-7-2014 by Philippines because: quoting formatting

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
You have many great points. I left the country for work reasons, not to get out of the USA, and that was enough to change my perspectives and not want to go back.

I think many Americans could change their perspectives if they would simply travel overseas and not just over the border or to some established tourist destination that tries to make it feel like you haven't left home at all while on "vacation."

On your last point I agree that patriotism is a tool used by governments to try and guilt trip people into supporting it. To stick around and "fix" the problems in the nation without first defining the issues or how to fix them as some individual.

Glad you see things from the other side of the fence, but I wouldn't encourage people to drive the already known East coast to West coast. Instead, travel the world from the East coast going around to the West coast with as little money as possible and a backpack to support your life

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   
A civil war? Hoax

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: CT_Flyboy

How original! I bet it took all day for you to come up with this very old saying, huh?

BTW I left the door open so the rats could come in.

link   

How original! I bet it took all day for you to come up with this very old saying, huh?

link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join