It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOS, Liquor, and You

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

be gentle with me, this is my first thread.

i found this chart, and at first it pissed me off. you can see that the person who made it was trying to make a correbation between drinking and seeing ufos. but then i cooled off and thought about it some. was i little drunk the two times i've seen weird lights in the sky? does the pope # in the woods? hell, that's the case most nights for me, and i don't see a lightshow every time i have a few beers.

i think it's just that ufos are more visible in the dark, and that people are still awake before midnight to see them.

but anyway, let's say for arguments sake there is a connection between liquor and ufos. i see it going one of three ways. maybe being drunk makes you see things that aren't there. maybe being drunk softens you up in the right way to see things that are there that you wouldn't normally be able to see.

and maybe, just maybe, aliens just like to prank drunks.

i read the rules, and we can't talk about other substances, so let's just stick to the question of booze. it'd be cool to know if anyone else will fess up to having a few in the tank when they saw their weird lights.

edit on 9-7-2014 by ATODASO because: ??

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I saw this. It's propaganda. Liquor does not make you hallucinate unless you're an alcoholic and STOP drinking. I was completely sober when I saw mine. Lucky because I was around 13-14 years old.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ATODASO

yay!

I avoid this forum like the plague but i must say that I have seen UFOs and perfectly sober and only around military bases.

The map makes sense to me. Drinking and drugging aside.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: txinfidel

yeah, i live due north of washington state, and it makes me want to check the figures for vancouver. most sightings seem to happen in the nw in north america. so that part definitely makes sense.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Well, unless all these sightings are related to people drinking absinthe, I don't see the connection as alcohol does not cause hallucinations. I guess we could chalk it up to bad judgement, but I know plenty of people who have bad judgement while sober.

I would definitely see more of a connection if we were talking about something like '___'..

I would say the alcohol thing might just be a coincidence since there are a lot of people who like to party in the middle of no-where or on a lake night fishing at a remote place etc where a sighting may be more likely to occur. Who knows, just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
I saw this. It's propaganda. Liquor does not make you hallucinate unless you're an alcoholic and STOP drinking. I was completely sober when I saw mine. Lucky because I was around 13-14 years old.

right on, thanks for testifying.

i'm not sure it's propaganda so much as jerkish. because it got such a rise out of me, i wanted to look at it closer to see if it had any truth to it.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
People who are drunk spend more time laying on their back staring up towards the sky, so yes, drink helps people to see ufo's

edit on 9-7-2014 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
Well, unless all these sightings are related to people drinking absinthe, I don't see the connection as alcohol does not cause hallucinations. I guess we could chalk it up to bad judgement, but I know plenty of people who have bad judgement while sober.

alcohol can cause hallucinations, but only in chronic drunks. you have to have a sad old liver and a spongy brain before you start seeing the pink elephants, heh.

what if being drunk doesn't make you see lights that aren't there, but does up the odds of mistaking a plane or swamp gas for a flying saucer?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Sometime people see what they want to see.

Just go to YouTube for the evidence.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

alcohol can cause hallucinations, but only in chronic drunks. you have to have a sad old liver and a spongy brain before you start seeing the pink elephants, heh.

Hmm, I'm not sure if that's even true. I do know that those who drink heavily and have to quit suddenly can have hallucinations and DT's, however.

what if being drunk doesn't make you see lights that aren't there, but does up the odds of mistaking a plane or swamp gas for a flying saucer?

This is where we put it into the bad judgement category. Many people don't even need to have a drink to fit in that category.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

Hmm, I'm not sure if that's even true. I do know that those who drink heavily and have to quit suddenly can have hallucinations and DT's, however.

it's called alcoholic hallucinosis and it doesn't sound like much fun.

This is where we put it into the bad judgement category. Many people don't even need to have a drink to fit in that category.

that made me lol hard.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

it's called alcoholic hallucinosis and it doesn't sound like much fun.

Interesting, I had not heard of that before. I guess it's very rare. I would assume most who report UFO's are probably not experiencing that. Maybe some have though, who knows.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   

My first one was on new years eve just after midnight, so you bet your bippy I was under the influence I know what I saw though
(an amber orb traveling horizontally across the sky, above the trees)

The second,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I spotted during the wee hours of the morning on my way to work. So Obviously I was sober, if not that would probably be not good.

The third,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Is the real mind blower. Broad daylight, sober as a bird, my wife and I observing, a low flying pure white, egg shaped craft hovering silently off into the distance. Unmistakeable.

The fourth was a satellite that seemed to be zig zagging for a long time, it was really weird, and I can't quite remember if I was drinking that night or not.

I've quit drinking so now any UFO sightings of mine will be certifiably seen sober

edit on 9-7-2014 by GoShredAK because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

cool, thanks for sharing. that third story is super weird!

the consentnus so far is that people see em drunk and sober both, but that mental state doesn't bear on sightings?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
hmmm,, lets take a closer look, people don't see a lot of UFOs while they are busy working, ok, that may be true. They are working, and it will most likely be daylight.

People don't see a lot of UFOs while they are sleeping. yeah that makes a good deal of sense, they are in bed, sleeping.

Now in the evening when a guy is havin a beer and contemplating life while looking at the night sky, yeah I agree, that is most likely when you would notice a UFO.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Just remember that correlation does not imply causation, meaning that simply because "drinkin" and UFO sighting are correlated does not mean that "drinkin" moonshine or whatever causes people to see or hallucinate UFOs. This is one of the reasons I don't drink.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Based off the times in this graph, you could also "assume" most sightings being between 5pm and 11pm to be because:
before 5pm is the "working hours" therefore you're most likely in doors, not outside looking at the sky.
After 11pm "sleeping hours" you're inside sleeping, not out looking at the sky!

From my own analysis.

caterpillage already posted pretty much the same, I did't see it as I was busy typing my comment...

...and drinking!
edit on 9-7-2014 by ThisIsMyRifle because: already posted

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Interesting theory but my mum and dad were stone cold sober in the late 1960's when they saw the Kecksburg UFO and my mum went on to see UFOs twice more in the hours before dawn when she let the dog out - no alcohol ever in the home...her only fix was coffee and cigarettes.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATODASO
a reply to: GoShredAK

cool, thanks for sharing. that third story is super weird!

the consentnus so far is that people see em drunk and sober both, but that mental state doesn't bear on sightings?

It was super super weird! I still can't quite wrap my head around it, I just accept it though and can't wait to see another! Some people look up more than others, I think that's a big factor.

s&f cool thread.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
No bell curve or graph is ever going to change that I don't drink (sometimes, possibly 2 to 3 times a year I have a cooler with relatives), and that most ufo sightings happen at night. So there goes the bell curve as most drinking takes place at night. You could put up a bell curve that links it with sleep, and say most takes place during sleeping hours. Or choose any other night time activity. Its a casual link. Whereas the real experiences, they can vary, between say 12 00 and 2 00 in the morning. Often the experiences will happen after a sighting.

Anyway, never did understand in a world that is all about ufology and even if there wasn't records and artifacts, sightings and testimony, from even astronauts and generals, and police, and many different folk in different walks of life, just logic alone tells you, Drakes Formula. So could never understand people working overtime to try and put it back in the box and take it away from the people.

We're all waking up now, so tell the overlords to give up and turn themselves in for crimes against humanity.
edit on 10-7-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join