It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Marijuana Were Legal in all States?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Mornin',

Don't be silly.
Do you think we actually live in a free society?

-Peace-

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

I agree can anyone find one case of death due to smoking MJ?. No case of brown lung or anything infact weed lowers the chances of getting cancer.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   

If it were legalized, regulated, legitimately farmed and taxed?

- State revenues would go up.
- Cops wouldn't be so busy busting people for having a joint or two.
- Criminal elements would lose a lot of money and would be weakened.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Smoke it snort it inject or insert it rectally what ever your preference it has consequences. I was all for medical marijuana I even voted for it in my state. I thought people with cancer and serious disabilities could benefit from it. After seeing how the system is being abused I wish I would have never voted for it. If we legalize pot it sends the wrong message to our youth that it is ok to do the stuff. I was a heavy pot smoker for years. My entire family smokes the stuff. I have some family members that have been smoking it for 40 years. Potheads will say anything to downplay it's harmful effects to push their agenda for legalization. Now they can say it's medicine. Marijuana has some serious mind altering effects and long lasting consequences. It's been 15 years since I've smoked the stuff and I still have problems associated with it.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
law enforcement unions, big pharma, alcohol businesses, are all pouring huge amounts of money into fighting against these laws to make it legal...this isn't because they give a crap about you, it's all about the money....

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Myhappydogshiner,

That is your opinion.

Here are some facts www.procon.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink">here

I notice you say your mood is "caffiened up".

Better stop because according to the above source, caffeine is more addictive than cannabis. And Vietnam didn't make it popular for recreational use. Recreational use goes back about 5000 years.

I do believe legalization will allow cannabis to be used for its industrial purposes which could have a great impact on our economy and environment.

And if it were legal the price would plummet. economics.about.com.../XJ&zTi=1&sdn=economics&cdn=education&tm=50&f=00&su=p284.13.342.ip_&tt=2&bt=3&bts=3&zu=http%3A//ww w.canorml.org/background/mjeconomics.html" target="_blank" class="postlink">Click here

a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Sends the wrong message to our youth?

You were a heavy smoker for years and so was your family? Sounds like there were some shortcomings in how you were raised?

Cannabis is medicine. In fact there are a handful of people that receive 300 joints every month from the federal government because it is the only medicine that works for those folks. Google Irvin Rosenfeld.

Also, cannabis, or more specifically, cannabinoids protect brain cells.
patft.uspto.gov... &OS=PN/6630507&RS=PN/6630507" target="_blank" class="postlink">Federal Patent

Alcohol, tobacco, nicotine and caffeine all are worse for you than cannabis/cannabinoids. Why don't you try to make those illegal? Why limit freedom?

a reply to: wantsome

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Can we discuss the effects of weight that everyday users of weed have? How many obiese users do you know that have smoked for a while?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Munchies? lol from my work I know around 20 whom do like a smoke and none are over weight.
I carry a few extra pounds but Iam 40

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
Smoke it snort it inject or insert it rectally what ever your preference it has consequences. I was all for medical marijuana I even voted for it in my state. I thought people with cancer and serious disabilities could benefit from it. After seeing how the system is being abused I wish I would have never voted for it. If we legalize pot it sends the wrong message to our youth that it is ok to do the stuff. I was a heavy pot smoker for years. My entire family smokes the stuff. I have some family members that have been smoking it for 40 years. Potheads will say anything to downplay it's harmful effects to push their agenda for legalization. Now they can say it's medicine. Marijuana has some serious mind altering effects and long lasting consequences. It's been 15 years since I've smoked the stuff and I still have problems associated with it.
Well this is the thread for you to educate us in. By all means tell us how screwed up your family is and how it has torn through the fabric of your life while causing you to suffer withdral symptoms for 15 yrs.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74 The munchies is the crazy part because overall it helps your metabolism somehow making the whole group overall be somewhat healthy. I'm not really talking bout a couple inches but that i have not met any obiese cronic users. It defys logic. That is not to say that a case for the opposite can not be made by a very select few but overall there is no wieght issues for users. Perhaps being too stoned to cook too stoned to go through the drive through or just spending money on pot but whatever the case turns out to be it helps overall.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

All of that is true. The other thing that would happen is a lot of corporations like Monsanto and others would try to get patents on the rights to grow these herbs. Then, they can alter them genetically so that they can spray them with chemicals that are much more harmful than the "pesky" insects the corporation is aiming to control. Even if that does not happen, at some level it will be privatized and corporatized in one way or another. I do not think that the privatization of anything ever turns out good.

I predict that the current legal states will have religious groups (no offence to any religion whatsoever) and groups that want to support "Safe Families and Kids" who will say that:

1. Problem:

"This legal marijuana is absolutely out of control!" Kids brining it to school, etc.

2. Reaction:

Legislators: We need to get this under control! We have the solution! Privatize it!

3. Solution:

Monsanto, Syngenta, Dole, Tropicana, etc., etc, etc. Will obtain the EXCLUSIVE rights to grow and distribute the "legal" product. Anyone who is "busted" growing this legal product will be jailed if their seeds are not purchased through the corporate big boys, if they are allowed to even grow it.

Ultimately, I do not see privatization lowering the arrests for marijuana if that is the way that it becomes legal. I guarantee that is how it would be if this scenario plays out in the future, the corporations will not be able to grow a product that's up to the snuff of the stuff from the street. If it gets privatized, you can be sure arrests for "illegal" production will skyrocket.

I think it would be best to legalize it in all 50 states in such a way that any person in those states will be allowed to grow it, as long as it is kept out of reach of children and out of plain sight.

I just hope this post does not give them any ideas. That is probably where it is headed though.
edit on 7/10/2014 by InFriNiTee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

I just had to comment and give you a thumbs up! Wow what an awake perspective to view this event at.

Also on a diff note. There a little to no negative side effects to Cannabis (Marijuana is a derogatory term for Cannabis coined during the initial prohibition era), that being said there are things that DO happen when you smoke or ingest Cannabis there are changes that happen. When 'scientists' and 'researchers' conduct 'studies' on Cannabis they can come to any deduction and shape the results to appear how they want to.

(If we are going to talk about adverse effects, if you drink to much alcohol, you die.)

Stop looking at 'studies' and look at people who have smoked Cannabis their entire lives and come to conclusions.

I read this article "Harvard study to Causal Cannabis use" stating that Cannabis changes the

The study found volume, shape and density changes in two crucial brain areas — the nucleus accumbens and the amygdala — involved with emotion and motivation and some types of mental illness. "This is a part of the brain you do not want to mess around with," Breiter said.

But what it does not say is does it make it larger or smaller? It makes this change appear "bad" for us. Many people have deficiencies and are lacking in MANY MANY areas. When people smoke cannabis, there mood uplifts and they usually are more grounded calmer people.

WHAT IF the changes in the brain listed in the Harvard study are GOOD changes and changes of brain growth and maturity and TPTB are trying to turn it around to a negative thing.

PS: If anyone can find who funded this Study Marijuana use linked to Brain Changes please let me know or the people know. It is obvious that this study was done to discredit Cannabis, im just wondering who funded it so we can prove it.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: InFriNiTee

originally posted by: FlyersFan

All of that is true. The other thing that would happen is a lot of corporations like Monsanto and others would try to get patents on the rights to grow these herbs. Then, they can alter them genetically so that they can spray them with chemicals that are much more harmful than the "pesky" insects the corporation is aiming to control. Even if that does not happen, at some level it will be privatized and corporatized in one way or another. I do not think that the privatization of anything ever turns out good.

I predict that the current legal states will have religious groups (no offence to any religion whatsoever) and groups that want to support "Safe Families and Kids" who will say that:

1. Problem:

"This legal marijuana is absolutely out of control!" Kids brining it to school, etc.

2. Reaction:

Legislators: We need to get this under control! We have the solution! Privatize it!

3. Solution:

Monsanto, Syngenta, Dole, Tropicana, etc., etc, etc. Will obtain the EXCLUSIVE rights to grow and distribute the "legal" product. Anyone who is "busted" growing this legal product will be jailed if their seeds are not purchased through the corporate big boys, if they are allowed to even grow it.

Ultimately, I do not see privatization lowering the arrests for marijuana if that is the way that it becomes legal. I guarantee that is how it would be if this scenario plays out in the future, the corporations will not be able to grow a product that's up to the snuff of the stuff from the street. If it gets privatized, you can be sure arrests for "illegal" production will skyrocket.

I think it would be best to legalize it in all 50 states in such a way that any person in those states will be allowed to grow it, as long as it is kept out of reach of children and out of plain sight.

I just hope this post does not give them any ideas. That is probably where it is headed though.

Unfortunatly, I think your onto something. Monsanto and those other monsters will most certainly not keep there grubby hands off what they see as a 'Cash Crop'.

For all of our sakes I fear your wrong.

On a differnt note, there are now Cannbis farmers market's! You can view strains grown by local growers and purchase your medicineLos Angeles Local Cannabis Farmers Market

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

Thank you for your response. Can you please elaborate on

Marijuana has some serious mind altering effects and long lasting consequences. It's been 15 years since I've smoked the stuff and I still have problems associated with it.

I am a heavy Cannabis user because of medicinal reasons. (If anyone would like more information on my medicinal usage please just ask) But I am curious what long lasting consequences and problems you are talking about.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
Can we discuss the effects of weight that everyday users of weed have? How many obiese users do you know that have smoked for a while?

Almost None. look at Wiz Khalifa (I know lol example...) super skinny. I know there is a science behind it that Cannabis keeps/makes us skinny.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
I agree can anyone find one case of death due to smoking MJ?. No case of brown lung or anything infact weed lowers the chances of getting cancer.

Well, Bob Marley died of brain cancer, and I bet all that chronic he inhaled every day played a big part in that . Not anti-MJ, just giving my opinion.

Lowers? That is debatable. Any burnt carcinogen is bad for a human being's lungs. That is just a medical fact.

However, It does help with nausea, as well as loss of appetite in cancer patients though. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onion88
Almost None. look at Wiz Khalifa (I know lol example...) super skinny. I know there is a science behind it that Cannabis keeps/makes us skinny.

Supposedly THC lowers testosterone levels in males, but there have been conflicting studies, so I don't know.

If true though, that is bad for a young teenage male who's body is developing. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   
The economy would boom, crime rates would plummet, and the DEA would lose a lot of work. We can't have that now can we?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   
If it were legal nothing would change, besides most of the population wouldn't be considered "criminals" for a bs reason.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join