It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pentagon's plan to put robot Marines in space

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Timing

A lot of people like to try. It's kind of fun.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Most definitely! Ive been trying for about a year now
wow.. Its been that long since I was deployed and started up activity on the board!

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Is the problem here that Marines had to fly 400 miles in "rickety" helicopers, see the Osprey, job jobbed.

Whilst I do not deny that it makes sense as the way forwards, in the future, some day, just before teleportals...its no good getting all your Marines (or Paratroops) so far forwards you cannot get to resupply them and relieve them in time.

So I wouldnt look too much as Spaceship One or Two or Twenty.

If you were going to put in surgical strike Marines, SF (insert any force here) to get in and nail the task without having the cavalry turn up sharpish, you would need to get them out too.

Now if you were thinking Robots - imagine say 30 tracked UGV (remote controll for now) 10 with mini guns, 10 with mortars and machine guns and 10 with AA and AT missiles - some form of Spaceship One x 3 lands in territory each with 10 UGVs, the UGVs depart, spread out and create a perimeter, another 2 Space ship ones arrive with UGVs to create a runway, followed by the Engineers/Sappers in C130 types to create the base and firm up the runway and then you fly in the Marines in BFO heavy lifters fitted with Lazeeboys so they arent having to fly 400 miles in rickety style....

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Ok I'll throw you a small bone.

There have been sightings of something fast that may or may not be in the upper atmosphere. Not with a green light though.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

You probably have a list of ways to say "not going to happen".

I just got completely sucked into that thread and bringing it back on topic I can say that there is no doubt that we have this platform already at least in the capability to launch UAV motherships. Hence using the phrase blowing up your house to kill a bug.

Like most things, our potential military enemies probably suspect we have this capability, but without seeing it and knowing how it works there is no way to come up with counter measures to defend against it.

Also, now it makes sense while more top military commanders didn't jump on board, sounds like some of them might have known some things the others didn't.

Just speculating.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   

OK man, from what you may or may not have said regarding something that may or may not fly in the upper atmosphere at what may or may not be high speed, I may or may not have come to some sort of solution. It may or may not be an aircraft based from an x plane (which may or may not be the x43) that may or may not utilise scramjet tech to hit hypersonic 7000mph+

Alternatively, it may or may not be based from the HyperSoar craft supposedly flying between m5 and m12 that skips across the atmosphere in similar fashion to what the waverider of old was supposed to be.

These are my 2 guesses. I realize i may or may not be correct in what could or could not be my assumptions but now I feel too indifferent and feel like I belong on a public facing government team designed to debunk anything and everything

Edit:
May or may not have come across this book that may or may not have a ton of information regarding supersonic transport and nasa and military influences

books.google.com... BIl8wWK5lzA&hl=en&sa=X&ei=VYW_U-HHOoLNsQSc1IHoDQ&ved=0CFcQ6AEwCQ#v=onepage&q=high%20speed%20upper%20atmosphere%20aircraft&f=false
edit on 11-7-2014 by kingofyo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: kingofyo1

You may or may not be right.

Read your messages. Lol.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Sounds good except for one small thing:

There is a treaty that the US has signed and we can not violate, that stipulates that we are not allowed to militrise space.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

Transporting troops through space isn't a treaty violation. The treaty is to prevent putting nuclear weapons into space.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I just heard that Sergeant Apone and Corporal Hicks volunteered for the detail.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig
Dude, space is militarized, I have seen it.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: earthdude

Care to explain? you know we are a detail oriented people here

Zaphod: You have PM sir
edit on 14-7-2014 by kingofyo1 because: forgot to add something

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: kingofyo1
Maybe to shoot asteroids

edit on 15-7-2014 by earthdude because: wrong link

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:06 PM