It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: NonsensicalUserName
a reply to: Xcathdra

I actually think it is blowing it out of proportions, I'm not referring to everything else, I'm refferring to this IRS "scandal" (if you can call it that) in particular, Its funny how easily swayed you've been by conservative spin-doctoring..

Except for all the evidence that is.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: NonsensicalUserName
a reply to: Xcathdra

I actually think it is blowing it out of proportions, I'm not referring to everything else, I'm refferring to this IRS "scandal" (if you can call it that) in particular, Its funny how easily swayed you've been by conservative spin-doctoring..

Blown out of proportion??? Our government targeted certain groups they didn't like and tried to injure them. Most likely, that targeting was done under someone's orders or instructions. How is OUR government targeting US anything near out of proportion??? Our government...all of it/them and not just this administration has decided to fire their weapons at the American people. Sure...one group in this case, but that doesn't matter. And when someone uses their weapons against you...you NEED to use yours against them or they will continue the battle.

Realize it or not but our government is at war with us. They are trying to own and run the country without us having any say. They want to control and own us in the process. Our land, our guns, our choices, our vote, etc. THAT can't be allowed to happen or our country, way of life and ultimately our freedom will be destroyed by these power hungry dictators. Bring them all down now and rebuild from scratch. There is no other way.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
That leftist puppet Lerner needs to be arrested immediately. This is betrayal of public trust of the highest order.

This culture of no accountability and endless corruption by these liars needs to come to an end .~$heopleNation

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: SheopleNation
That leftist puppet Lerner needs to be arrested immediately. This is betrayal of public trust of the highest order.

This culture of no accountability and endless corruption by these liars needs to come to an end .~$heopleNation

The one thing that does irritate me is the treatment of Lerner over the treatment of Holder.

They both were found in contempt of Congress. Why are we not going for both?

Impeach holder and prosecute both.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
evidence of what?
someone saying "you might want to be careful and un-ambiguous in your emails, as there is a partisan witch-hunt under way"

a reply to: WeAreAWAKE
lol nope. you have it all wrong, the IRS was applying scrutiny to groups applying for 501(c)(#) tax exempt status, this scrutiny was not evenly applied, rather, do to the sheer volume of applications being sent into this particular IRS office, employees took a shortcut, which while not exactly "permissible", or "okay", is far from a vast conspiracy going all the way to the top of the presidency. Basically it was a bureaucratic cluster F***, of odd policies, possibly motivated politically, possibly motivated more by the various intricacies of 501(c)(3) groups, specifically anonymous donations, and political involvement.
edit on 11-7-2014 by NonsensicalUserName because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: NonsensicalUserName

evidence of what?

evidence of guilt. unless of course you choose to believe elijah cummings

lots of evidence out in the open now.

don't pretend to be blind to the facts.

the countdown has started and the clock won't stop.

edit on Jul-11-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   
The only question I want to know is, When did Congess tell Congress to hide the information from Congresss? Because that's what we're talking here. In washington, they never look for who's "guilty", just who's "Most Guilty". The IRS is a government AGENCY, like the document dump in Peublo colorado, or the Pentagon. The fact that government agencies, like the IRS, are operating without ANY OVERSIGHT aught to make you shiver. But go ahead, pic your sides democrats and republicans. I know who my enemies are. democrats and republicans.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
The one thing that does irritate me is the treatment of Lerner over the treatment of Holder.

They both were found in contempt of Congress. Why are we not going for both?

Impeach holder and prosecute both.

Yeah I agree, very good point.

Wouldn't it be nice if someone in power would actually do the right thing? I mean, how long will good Men and Women continue to do nothing?

Actually, I was going to mention the disgraceful Holder, but then I just decided to focus on one carpetbagger at a time. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

hmm...
I respectfully disagree.

The evidence that has been found does not point to some of the more wild/conspiratorial allegations, nor does it point to any real malice on the part of Lerner.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Why do we want to spend more money protecting the whiny rich? That is what this is all about. I was under the scrutiny of the IRS once, handled it and moved on. These 501C forms are just a cover for the rich to screw the regular taxpayer. They should be scrutinized.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
Why do we want to spend more money protecting the whiny rich?

Oh it's the rich who are whiny now? LMAO! Ok, that was a good one. So do you believe that the people behind this corruption are not rich, maybe The DNC? Wake up already.

That is what this is all about. I was under the scrutiny of the IRS once, handled it and moved on.

So what. They did not single you out for your political beliefs now did they? It's clear that you are not thinking logically.

These 501C forms are just a cover for the rich to screw the regular taxpayer. They should be scrutinized.

Rich this, rich that. They didn't give me this, they won't give me that. You act as if you're entitled to their money, as if they are stealing their earnings from you?

How Rich is that mentally deranged hag Nancy Pelosi? How Rich is Diane Fienstein, Hillary Clinton or Harry Reid? Oh those darn Rich people!

You may want to look into the financial status of your so called activists for the poor because around here, Denying ignorance is the name of the game. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

What benefit does being 501(c)(3) offer my nonprofit and its contributors?

One of the primary benefits of being tax-exempt under IRC Section 501(c)(3) is the ability to accept contributions and donations that are tax-deductible to the donor. Additional benefits include, but are not limited to:

* Exemption from federal and/or state corporate income taxes
* Possible exemption from state sales and property taxes (varies by state)
* Ability to apply for grants and other public or private allocations available only to IRS-recognized, 501(c)(3) organizations
* Potentially higher thresholds before incurring federal and/or state unemployment tax liabilities
* The public legitimacy of IRS recognition
* Discounts on US Postal bulk-mail rates and other services

Link

Benefits who? This is that american entitlement mentality.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

We could discuss that all day long in it's own thread, but it's irrelevant concerning the fact that Lerner is clearly guilty of violating the publics trust. She broke the law when she instructed her employees to hide information from Congress. Talk about obstruction of justice. She needs to be prosecuted if the rule of law means anything anymore in this Country. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

a reply to: SheopleNation

What benefit does being 501(c)(3) offer my nonprofit and its contributors?

One of the primary benefits of being tax-exempt under IRC Section 501(c)(3) is the ability to accept contributions and donations that are tax-deductible to the donor. Additional benefits include, but are not limited to:

* Exemption from federal and/or state corporate income taxes
* Possible exemption from state sales and property taxes (varies by state)
* Ability to apply for grants and other public or private allocations available only to IRS-recognized, 501(c)(3) organizations
* Potentially higher thresholds before incurring federal and/or state unemployment tax liabilities
* The public legitimacy of IRS recognition
* Discounts on US Postal bulk-mail rates and other services

Link

Benefits who? This is that american entitlement mentality.

The problem is without the 501 certificate from the IRS.

You are unable to acquire Insurance for any Event your Group might plan.

Without Insurance nobody will rent you any Building or Park needed to Assemble.

So by the IRS denying certain groups the fundamental Right to Assemble.

The Election was a Fraud. Only selected Groups picked by MS. Lois Lerner.

Got to exercise their Constitutional Guaranteed Right to Assemble.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Yeah, but why about four or five tax cuts? The legitimacy by the IRS and discounts on mail I can understand.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Yeah, but why about four or five tax cuts? The legitimacy by the IRS and discounts on mail I can understand.

I make no excuses for the criminals in office.

It's just, the IRS can't be allowed to pick our President.

The IRS have been abusing Tax Payers for years...But, if they even stopped one group from forming.

That is Election Fraud. If they can corrupt a Presidential Election. What's next ?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Just because they don't get qualified for this huge tax exemption, does not mean they cannot conduct business. How is that fraud? No, what this is all about is the rich feel threatened because one of their tax evasion schemes have come to light. And they found their fall guy and distractions.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Our entire tax system needs to be redone, top to bottom to top.

From how these "non profits" are established to oversight within the IRS to oversight by Congress.

Why we allow cities to issue bonds in order to build brand new stadiums while they pay their players 50+ million (some upwards of 100 million) contract.

The NFL is actually a tax exempt entity, which in my opinion is BS.

So long as our tax system favors those who have money for lobbyists the people will continue to find it difficult to exercise their authority over the government.

The IRS is just one entity that should by law, be partisan free (The DOJ being the other group). I also think there should be a zero tolerance policy when it comes to the targeting of groups based solely on political beliefs.

As for Lerner I doubt she is the ring leader for this mess. After her inability to understand how her 5th amendment works she strikes me as more of the scapegoat / patsy than a ringleader.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

The NFL is actually a tax exempt entity, which in my opinion is BS.

To be fair it's pretty close to a religion for some people

They even have services on Sunday morning and Monday night.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join