It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS Is About to Destroy Biblical History in Iraq -

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

originally posted by: Kamza
Well a lot of misinfo and jumping to conclusions here... The reason shrines and tombs which are venerated are destroyed is to stop them from becoming the object of worship... In essence it becomes idol worship... Now how would our creator take it if we started worshipping bricks and mortar?

Was anyone worshipping those places? Or were they just sitting there? I can understand them destroying statues etc (considered idols) but who is worshipping the burial grounds of ancient prophets?

Lots of people. Reliquaries were some of the biggest moneyspinners in medieval Christianity. Lots of churches with bits of dead people in a tin placed in prominent positions.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Thank you for that link LABTECH

appreciated

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
a reply to: HumansEh

I know, I have heard it all before.

The world would be a better place without religion, yet obviously it is not any different one way or the other.

Without religion and the morality, the belief in a higher order to which we are answerable then the atheist geopolitics and economics would take hold, human culling and forced sterilization to control population and dispose of the sick, weak and unworkable drones comes to mind, now maybe we already have this but on a much smaller scale and perhaps the anti religious idiology is being peddled with the intent of removing this hurdle to such absolute NWO style control of our destiny's.
So I genuinely think the opposite, the world would be much worse off without religion except for the ruling elite, the problem is we have a babble of religions and the one in question in this thread is not a good one at that.

Which atheists groups are calling for the ideas you just suggested?

We can easily point out the violent religious groups trying to please their god, but I think you'd have a harder time showing massive movements of atheists calling for sterilization and euthanasia.

Your fears of atheists are based on hypothetical worries, my fear of religious people is based on the solid reality of them wanting me dead.

edit on 07pm03pm312014-07-12T15:09:20-05:0003America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kamza
Well a lot of misinfo and jumping to conclusions here... The reason shrines and tombs which are venerated are destroyed is to stop them from becoming the object of worship... In essence it becomes idol worship... Now how would our creator take it if we started worshipping bricks and mortar?

Wow.

Who are YOU to determine what someone else does or does not worship?

Is your god so weak that he can't even enforce his own edicts, and needs you to do it for him?

I've got no fear of a god like that.

I don't care what my creator thinks of your mode of worship - why would you care about mine? I've got my OWN relationship with God to look after, can' be bothered with looking after yours, too.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Oh my how horrible! This is just wrong on so many levels. What a bunch of savage animals. It isn't just their history it's all of humanities history there esp since Iraq is considered the cradle of civilization. GRRRR!

It upsets me to see such things destroyed. They stood for thousands of years only to be destroyed by a bunch of savage animals and for what?! Nothing!

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

2 Corinthians 13:11
Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.

May the God of Peace and Love protect us from all violence .

If it's God's Will then God will protect Biblical History

"Thy Kindgom Come, Thy Will be Done, On Earth as it is in Heaven"

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Havent all wars in the middle east had an alternative goal the same as this?
Relucs, artifacts, clay tablets, ruined museums and also book shops.

Erase the history and have them believe something else......in time.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: jazz10
Havent all wars in the middle east had an alternative goal the same as this?
Relucs, artifacts, clay tablets, ruined museums and also book shops.

Erase the history and have them believe something else......in time.

Except for Egypt the majority of moveable items of importance are in European and other 1st world Museums. That which is not is fairly well documented and much of it is on line.

IF you wanted to destroy such information I would suggests blowing up the Yale Babylonian Collection, the Pergamonmuseum in Berlin and selected parts of the British Museum.......to name a few.
edit on 17/7/14 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join