It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS Is About to Destroy Biblical History in Iraq -

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: Hanslune
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Religious fanatics do stuff like that, even the more moderate Saudi regime covered the 'Tomb of Eve" outside of Jeddah with concrete in the 70's

Tomb of Eve

yes, they do.

There was a tomb of eve?

Yep, however remember this is religion so logic and reason need not apply, a GIANT Eve by the way

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

Religious fanatics do stuff like that, even the more moderate Saudi regime covered the 'Tomb of Eve" outside of Jeddah with concrete in the 70's

Tomb of Eve

The Saudi regime have been destroying Islamic Holy sites for years, they are no better than ISIS..

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Okay ... I've got a question. I doubt anyone can answer it but I'll toss it out there anyways. These nutters are going around destroying tombs and mosques and churches. If they get into Mecca, would they smash up Muhammads tomb and that Kaaba etc etc as well? Is that the kind of thing that would be on their hit list?

Mecca is a huge money maker for the Saudis, and it keeps the people distracted which is what the Saudi Royals like. I can't see the House of Saud allowing the ISIS nutters to get a strong foothold in their country like has happened in Iraq.

Yes, they would want to gain Mecca and Medina they might reduce the infrastructure there that has been built to facilitate mass Hajj but I haven't seen anything specific on it. In general more conservative Muslims are against tombs and graves. Many Saudis are presently buried without head stones in the desert.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Because when God does intervene, it's game over, that's it..

I wouldn't sweat it though.. If the bible is true and I believe it is.. It will stand.. Many have tried to debunk, ridicule and flat out refute its teachings and yet they are dust and the biblical truths still endure..

Fear not, have faith and having done all to stand, Stand..

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
When ron wyatte found a house ruins near to where he researched the boat mound he there was a head stone with an image of several people carved into it walking away from a boat image, one of the figures in the depiction had it's head down and it was interpreted as the wife of Noah, after the site was dug up, the very large sarcophagus was taken out of the ground and the looter whom had raided the site Ron wyatte had discovered sold the items of jewlery from the large womans body in the sarcophagus on the black market for a rumored several million dollers.
Nothing it sacred, not even the body of the mother of us all.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Yes, all our black ops and bankers want all the mysteries and real clues to the history gone. Its why they started those wars to begin with, secure the artifacts they wanted and destroy the rest. Control information and history and the Snakes in the grass, cobra/vipers don't want the mice to know they've always been loose in the grass and run the show.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Okay ... I've got a question. I doubt anyone can answer it but I'll toss it out there anyways. These nutters are going around destroying tombs and mosques and churches. If they get into Mecca, would they smash up Muhammads tomb and that Kaaba etc etc as well? Is that the kind of thing that would be on their hit list?

Mecca is a huge money maker for the Saudis, and it keeps the people distracted which is what the Saudi Royals like. I can't see the House of Saud allowing the ISIS nutters to get a strong foothold in their country like has happened in Iraq.

They've said they would do that. If you look at the history around Kaaba, Mohammed kissed the meteorite because it was not significant. But that backfired, and everyone worships it. It's become the Disneyland of the Muslim world and a nice little earner
for the Saudi's, so it would become a target.
edit on 9-7-2014 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Hmmmm we seen that before in Afghanistan

And plus there are rumors that if certain Holy Sites were destroyed, wouldn't disaster befall among those who destroyed them?
edit on 9-7-2014 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
The virtual Museum of Iraq

The collections of the National Museum of Iraq include art and artifacts from ancient Sumerian, Babylonian, Akkadian, Assyrian and Chaldean civilizations. The museum also has galleries devoted to collections of both pre-Islamic and Islamic Arabian art and artifacts. Of its many noteworthy collections, the Nimrud gold collection—which features gold jewelry and figures of precious stone that date to the 9th century bce—and the collection of stone carvings and cuneiform tablets from Uruk are exceptional. The Uruk treasures date to between 3500 and 3000 BCE.

How ISIS Pillages, Traffics And Sells Ancient Artifacts On Global Black Market

The destroying is to get attention, hopefully few will be sacrificed. The rest are probably gone forever unless someone gets caught. They may be useless to the terrorist but they are of too much value to those willing to deal with them.

ISIS is now the richest terror group in the world. But beyond its cash recently acquired by robbing banks, the extremist group, like many others in the history-rich region, is entrenched in a billion-dollar black market for ancient artifacts.

edit on 9-7-2014 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

I guess they don't know of a collective consciousness - the world of dreams. All that has existed (even that that hasn't - just dreams) can be accessed. You destroy it in this timeline - in others without the destroyer - it still exists...that's my belief even if I'm deluded. Sometimes I wonder if THIS is the REAL world. What I see and feel and do in my dreams is much more real and relevant than that which happens in my reality. I'm not sure what's wrong with my reality but it's chock full of people who want more than they actually deserve. The office sneak who rats on everyone for nothing, yet who thinks they're better than the common thief...The posturing boaster lying about how much they carry at work while bemoaning the welfare mother with no job...wrong...all wrong....think about who you are and why you are acting that way...and in what way does it benefit you or the world - and you'll find that in the end...the bitter end...being kind to your own is better. Look to the ants - stand together or fall apart.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
When ron wyatte found a house ruins near to where he researched the boat mound he there was a head stone with an image of several people carved into it walking away from a boat image, one of the figures in the depiction had it's head down and it was interpreted as the wife of Noah, after the site was dug up, the very large sarcophagus was taken out of the ground and the looter whom had raided the site Ron wyatte had discovered sold the items of jewlery from the large womans body in the sarcophagus on the black market for a rumored several million dollers.
Nothing it sacred, not even the body of the mother of us all.

any more info on this story sounds very interesting

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Pretty soon they will be making lamp shades out of Christian skin and mattresses made from the beards of unworthy Muslims. Hopefully they don't bury all the bodies next to the drinking water like the Nazi's did...

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I remember threads about how the minister of Egyptian antiquities was always under fire on this website because the museum held secrets and artifacts from the public
This guy puts relics and artifacts back into the public hands and its all outrage here Above Top Secret.

Also, as Muslims they are just following Mohamads lead and destroying things that obtain false worship, Idols.

Visiting tombs and praying to old prophets or saints is idolatry That was one of Mo's largest complaint of the religious leaders of his day that he led the revolt against.

I'd say these are 'good' mulsims

Doing what the originator of their religion showed them to do by his example.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

Yeah Ron Wyatte has some wild way out stuff, Labtech why don't you start a thread on his 'finds', he does religious stuff but one could treat it as 'archaeology' even if it is really...well I'll wait for the thread!

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

They have already threatened destruction of Mecca and Obama has asked for another 500M for them to carry out their objectives... www.zerohedge.com...

Christian nations are funding the wars. Where is the love?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Hmmmm . . . thugs acting thuggishly . . .

What an unsurprise.

Perhaps some of the demonized antiquities will . . . have their way with him by introducing him to realities he's not experienced before.

edit on 9/7/2014 by BO XIAN because: clarity

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

From the OP. LOL.

"culturally oblivious American-led invasion of 2003."

Anyone who believes that would never question that the Americans rushed as fast as they could to every museum in Iraq, LIVE ON CNN, and pretended they were going there to protect the antiquities, that ahem, had been sitting for quite some time there.

I recall watching in amazement as they told the viewers they blew past everything just to get the museums and artifacts, to SAVE them from Saddam.

Tell us another likely story !

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I bet if there was an established tourism trade raking in millions from these places they wouldn't be targeted. Which is why the pyramids won't be touched.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Well a lot of misinfo and jumping to conclusions here... The reason shrines and tombs which are venerated are destroyed is to stop them from becoming the object of worship... In essence it becomes idol worship... Now how would our creator take it if we started worshipping bricks and mortar?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kamza
Well a lot of misinfo and jumping to conclusions here... The reason shrines and tombs which are venerated are destroyed is to stop them from becoming the object of worship... In essence it becomes idol worship... Now how would our creator take it if we started worshipping bricks and mortar?

Was anyone worshipping those places? Or were they just sitting there? I can understand them destroying statues etc (considered idols) but who is worshipping the burial grounds of ancient prophets?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join