It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you came face to face with God .. what would you say to Him?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: corvuscorrax
Sure he could have made a utopia where we all lived happily and never had any strife but what would be the point of that?

Uh ... the point would have been to live pain free and without all the stress and injustice. Hello??

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

The way I look at it is if he did skip that part then he wouldn't have anyone interesting to talk to in 'paradise'!
^-^

Same to flyers above me
edit on 9-7-2014 by corvuscorrax because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

Of course, we all know what they'd really do. It would involve screaming like a girl, running with arms flapping in the air, and pants getting increasingly soiled.

In that case, I'm particularly concerned for the health and safety of any human being exposed to such a person. And you act as though reducing a grown man to spastic fits and soiled undergarments is something to be proud of.
edit on 9-7-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

The way I look at it is if he did skip that part then he wouldn't have anyone interesting to talk to in 'paradise'!
^-^

Same to flyers above me

I had no idea that the all-powerful king of kings was so easily stymied when it came to procuring conversational partners. Seriously, burning a few billion souls for a killer party crowd of a couple million seems pretty cold to me.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I can sympathize with your view. I just rationalize it myself with the belief that 'god' wants more mature and complex souls to converge with him in 'paradise' or 'heaven'

That being the case we get the huge mess we live in today.

Of course this is just a way I use to not let myself get too bummed about the horrible things that do exist when we live on this plane.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: corvuscorrax

I can sympathize with your view. I just rationalize it myself with the belief that 'god' wants more mature and complex souls to converge with him in 'paradise' or 'heaven'

I have difficulty understanding why he didn't just make a few thousand fully mature souls pop into being so he could spend forever getting to know his perfect new family. Y'know, instead of punishing a few billion souls for his own obstinacy and sick sense of curiosity.

Of course this is just a way I use to not let myself get too bummed about the horrible things that do exist when we live on this plane.

Honesty can be a terrible thing. On the bright side, shellfish is no longer a sin for you!
edit on 9-7-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Ugh, I feel you. Trying to understand something like that will tear your mind at the seams.

A great friend of mine heard/had a theory he called the low end theory. In which you imagine what 'god' is. You imagine what omnipotence and omniscience 'really' is. After that you have the LOWEST possibility of what 'god' could be.

I guess I could have just said god works in mysterious ways but that's a bit old hat.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Ugh, I feel you. Trying to understand something like that will tear your mind at the seams.

A great friend of mine heard/had a theory he called the low end theory. In which you imagine what 'god' is. You imagine what omnipotence and omniscience 'really' is. After that you have the LOWEST possibility of what 'god' could be.

I guess I could have just said god works in mysterious ways but that's a bit old hat.

Setting the bar a bit high for the 'low end', aren't you?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

That's the beauty of it. The highest imagining that a human mind could come up with, is the lowest possibility.

It resonates with me.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I think it'll be interesting to see which thread gets more flags ... the God thread or the Devil thread. Right now, the Devil thread is ahead. I wonder what that says about ATSers? hmmmm ..... bwahahaha

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Haha, i would just punch him in the face. No need to say anything. If he were real he would have known i was there and what i would do. He would also know he deserved it. You know... For all the suffering he's caused.

a reply to: FlyersFan

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I would say:

"Thank you. I love you and hope we can meet again."

or

"When is the apocalypse happening?"

or

"Were you a comedian before the big bang?"

I would probably stick with the first one.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

That's the beauty of it. The highest imagining that a human mind could come up with, is the lowest possibility.

It resonates with me.

A beautiful concept, perhaps, but not necessarily accurate. Why does the furthest possible imagining of the human mind have to constitute the lowest setting in "God mode"? Thor was neither omnipotent nor omniscient, yet he was regarded as a god because he was credited with having superhuman gifts. Same with Athena and Mars. They were not humans, but they were not all-powerful either. They were simply more powerful.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

We are blessed with precious little accuracy in these types of discussions and thoughts.

(b^^)b

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I would ask him to justify sitting back and watching people all over the globe suffer from all the injustice in the world. Children starving, poverty in general, horrible long suffering deaths from curable and incurable diseases, religious war, rape, and the like.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Why me? Why was I chosen to carry this crown of thorns? I would ask for answers. If you believe in fate or destiny or why things just happen to perfectly assemble in a way. I would say, what was it all for? What lesson was I supposed to learn? Talking about " the divine" , I don't really pray and I don't believe god is like that statue in the movie Dogma buddy Christ, sorta like he personally watches my life. He got better things to do then watch me play video games and there are 6 billion people. Lol

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

It would have to be "WTH Man!

Then I would quote Him the parable of "The child playing on a busy street."
    So a loving father sees his child playing on a street heavy with fast moving traffic,
    He thinks the following:
    "I must do anything I can to save my beloved child..."
    -or-
    "The child must be taught a lesson, I will ignore the problem."

Note: I just made up that parable but it still stands. Any father who loves his child would do the obvious and save them.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

no wait. i would take him to the james randi foundation and collect my million bucks. and then i would punch him.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I wouldn't say anything because I probably wouldn't be able to, because I would fall flat on my face. The human body and mind can not comprehend the magnificent holiness and glory of God.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I'm not sure what I'd say, but I'd be thinking the same thing as I do about BigFoot - "never say never"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join