It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reply takes me back a few pages

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
So whenever I reply to a thread lately I don't go to the last page of the thread, where my reply is. Instead, I get sent to whatever page is the middle page of the thread. It's rather annoying. Is anyone else having this problem, or is it my computer and is there something I can do about it?

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
its been doing it for a while for me, its not that bad to be honest, well it is when you are posting on a long thread. Its probably a bug in the code or something

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
So whenever I reply to a thread lately I don't go to the last page of the thread, where my reply is. Instead, I get sent to whatever page is the middle page of the thread. It's rather annoying. Is anyone else having this problem, or is it my computer and is there something I can do about it?

I've had that happen a few times.
This happened even before the recent change to the board.

I'm using Firefox 1.0 FWIW

[edit on 2-12-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Currently your in a Barking order... sometimes your not fast enough to be put on top shelf... its a timing thing... nouthing to do with your topic.
To resolve this problem, think fast, write faster, hit " Reply" within a shorter period of time... your there!

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Yeah, it's been happening for about a week and a half or so, if not longer even maybe. I'm using IE 6, by the way.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I believe you will find that this is a product of the automated "Low Impact" mode. Since this mode eliminates a good portion of image files (points bars, etc.) the threads become "shorter" than normal... Think jumping in ice water, if you know what I mean...

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
...the threads become "shorter" than normal... Think jumping in ice water, if you know what I mean...

Haha... I've done that before. Try swimming in Lake Huron in early June. It's pretty cold. But even with low-impact mode on, I would think that it should still take you to the end of the thread.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Think its just a glitch,

WE have had quite a few other threads on this the past few weeks,
Im sure its being looked in too so sit tight ya'll

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join