It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK: 8 years for killng a baby, that right only 8 years.....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: November5

originally posted by: crazyewok

If complaining doesn't work, and protesting doesn't work, and you can't think of anything left to do, try changing the world around by changing the way you think about it.

So what give up and accept killings not such a bad thing and worthy of only a couple of years in Prison?

Accept that government knows best?

Accept it, or do something about it. Never quit. You can't be outraged that someone murdered someone else, and then wish murder upon that murderer. It's a flawed system, and needs revision.

I dont wish murder.

I wish justice.

The courts did not serve justice in this case. Only way justice can be meet now is through "other means".

If real justice had been meet out in the first place we would not be having this discussion.

As you said if protest and complaining dosnt work, dont quit. any vigilante justice now is 100% fault of the courts for falling to do there jobs.

If the courts tomorrow said o wait we made a mistake he gets 30 year instead Id settle.

But one way or another he needs more than 8 years while only serving 4.

How would you serve justice on this case? Just happily accept the courts obviously WRONG decision?
edit on 9-7-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-7-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

So true, and on the money. Who knows if this story is even real. It sure got the murderous response it was looking for tho...

what you expect?

Someone kills a baby and they get to walk after 4 years when a pot smoker or tax evaders gets more!

What do I expect? Rationality. I don't want to turn into one of them by harbouring similar thought patterns.

So now thinking is a crime now? what I should be arrested for my thoughts?

Sorry but this sentence is not rational. So one should be forgiven for non "rational thought".

I would not kill him.

But if a he dies in prison? Dont expect me to shed a tear.

I understand that, but I was only originally commenting on your desire for others to bring harm onto him. It's not healthy thinking.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

I suggest the state utilize the death penalty for those who fit a specific criteria, ie any adult who perpetrates a crime against a child; among other things.

Ah! You've hit on why I dont like the death penalty. The children!

In the case presented by OP. The guy killed the child while suffering a loss of control.
What if the guy has other older children. Children who the father has never hurt. Children who worship the ground their father walks on. Children he thinks the world off.

When we sentence that guy to death we inflict the worst punishment possible onto those children. How do we tell those children - "Sorry kids, but today we're going to kill daddy"

Your thoughts?

You're right, that would be horrible for the other children. And that's a shining example of why i'm not the one who makes death penalty decisions [haha]. I could live with no death penalty if I knew they were going to do a lot of hard time.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

He will be put away in protection with the rest of the child killers and nothing will likely happen to him. 8 life sentences isn't even a fair punishment when it comes to this type of crime.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Eight years for killing a baby because it interfered with your online games? That's downright evil .... both the murder and the sentence. I weep for humanity. We are de-evolving so darn fast!

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

So true, and on the money. Who knows if this story is even real. It sure got the murderous response it was looking for tho...

what you expect?

Someone kills a baby and they get to walk after 4 years when a pot smoker or tax evaders gets more!

Not sure why the BBC would fake the story, etc? Yes it is emotional and will be received that way. One thing can tell you-these injustices do happen. I knew someone whose toddler was murdered. The one who did it served two years, this happened in the US. If that makes any difference but often not expected in this country.

Do you suppose then that maybe complaining isn't enough?

Well that when vigilantes will appear

What else can you do other than complain/protest?

How much you are willing to sacrifice, is determined by your effort. How important is the issue to you? If it's that big, you'll always find more ways to get to the end goal no matter what. That's what [red pills] are all about. If complaining doesn't work, and protesting doesn't work, and you can't think of anything left to do, try changing the world around by changing the way you think about it. Wishing murder upon someone is never a good thing. That's all i'm saying.

Changing the way you think about it is harder said than done. I live with that every day as a survivor of homicide inflicted upon my family. I know better now, I have protection(which in itself is a challenge due to what I witnessed) but in this sick world at anytime for any reason someone can decide to end your life. Might as well be prepared, right?

Can't say the same for the babies that are victims in tragedies like this. Sure wishing death to the one who creates is never healthy, saying that I agree, but it's hard not to blame people for feeling that way when a system fails so horribly.

Sometimes these can't be changed not matter what people do, but in this case there's still time. Hopefully the court ruling can be overturned, to let the little soul rest finally.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

what you expect?

Not sure why the BBC would fake the story, etc? Yes it is emotional and will be received that way. One thing can tell you-these injustices do happen. I knew someone whose toddler was murdered. The one who did it served two years, this happened in the US. If that makes any difference but often not expected in this country.

Do you suppose then that maybe complaining isn't enough?

Well that when vigilantes will appear

What else can you do other than complain/protest?

How much you are willing to sacrifice, is determined by your effort. How important is the issue to you? If it's that big, you'll always find more ways to get to the end goal no matter what. That's what [red pills] are all about. If complaining doesn't work, and protesting doesn't work, and you can't think of anything left to do, try changing the world around by changing the way you think about it. Wishing murder upon someone is never a good thing. That's all i'm saying.

Changing the way you think about it is harder said than done. I live with that every day as a survivor of homicide inflicted upon my family. I know better now, I have protection(which in itself is a challenge due to what I witnessed) but in this sick world at anytime for any reason someone can decide to end your life. Might as well be prepared, right?

Can't say the same for the babies that are victims in tragedies like this. Sure wishing death to the one who creates is never healthy, saying that I agree, but it's hard not to blame people for feeling that way when a system fails so horribly.

Sometimes these can't be changed not matter what people do, but in this case there's still time. Hopefully the court ruling can be overturned, to let the little soul rest finally.

Changing the way you think about things is probably the hardest thing you can do, I agree. The question then becomes, how badly do you want to feel release/freedom/empowerment? We only tolerate things as long as we can tolerate them. Then we change no matter what. I say, why wait?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: November5

Heres one I hope he bleeds to death from the inside

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

All while a woman in Canada gets 14 years, as stupid as she was, by inadvertently killing 2 people on their motorcycle by her stopping her car on a highway to not hit some baby ducks. Seems right...all is good with the universe.... End sarcasm.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Sounds about right for manslaughter. It's certainly not murder. He didn't set out to kill the baby. a reply to: crazyewok

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
Sounds about right for manslaughter. It's certainly not murder. He didn't set out to kill the baby. a reply to: crazyewok

Are you for real?

He delibratly commited a violent act resulting in death.

No accident.

The act of violence was delibrate.

There was no provocation no justification.

It was a vile, sefish and evil attack.

Just because murder was not the intent does not make unprovocked violent actions that result in death any less vile.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
If he's not Jack the Ripper, or our murderous elites, but something he probably regrets horribly and not likely to ever repeat, as most crimes are family related and on offs, I don't believe in jail time but rehabilitation. I don't believe in vengeance but healing.
edit on 9-7-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fargoth

Heres one I hope he bleeds to death from the inside

I appreciate it when people who think along these lines identify themselves in like manner, so thank you for sharing that.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Like you never thought about killing someone? Never wanted a bad thing to happen to someone? I somehow don't believe that

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Like you never thought about killing someone? Never wanted a bad thing to happen to someone? I somehow don't believe that

Honestly, I have never considered killing anyone. I have wished for bad things to happen to someone, but when my head clears, I realize that's just a selfish way of making myself feel better. If I require bad things to happen to someone, what does that say about my requirements for life on the whole? Surely I can do better than that.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I'm the total opposite I don't think things through I just do it. After I do something stupid and my head clears I think about what I've done then hate myself for a few days but it doesn't stop me from doing it again. I spent 27 years screwing up but this year I decided to make things better so far so good.
edit on 9-7-2014 by Fargoth because: forgot a word

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I'm the total opposite I don't think things through I just do it. After I do something stupid and my head clears I think about what I've done then hate myself for a few days but it doesn't stop me from doing it again. I spent 27 years screwing up but this year I decided to make things better so far so good.

Right on, good for you! The first step towards better is owning up and deciding to make better choices. We're always one decision away from feeling better. Stay true to the path!

edit on 32014vAmerica/Chicago07bAmerica/ChicagoWed, 09 Jul 2014 21:48:58 -05005 by November5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Thanks, Im a work in progress but it is getting easier.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
People kill babies everyday and call it a 'choice'. It isn't surprising that a society doesn't value a babies life anymore.

Society still does value a baby's life...unfortunately, some of those in positions of authority do not seem to share that view.

I couldn't believe how light the prison term was either.

8 years is much too light.

Hopefully, a few actual members of the Human race will reflect upon this and hugely increase the term upon appeal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join