It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK: 8 years for killng a baby, that right only 8 years.....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: November5

Do you suppose then that maybe complaining isn't enough?

Well that when vigilantes will appear

What else can you do other than complain/protest?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: November5

That is allready being done by some extremist on the streets of UK.. there are areas where certain type of "law" is allready in action... and goverment isn´t doing anything about it.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

We have been complaining about lenient prison sentences in the UK for years....no one listens.

Not quite true. We've been complaining about fairer sentencing! Pot smokers getting ten years while crooks (bankers) who steal peoples homes and livelihoods walk free is what we're complaining about!

Dont let them play you with emotional stories!

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Do you suppose then that maybe complaining isn't enough?

Well that when vigilantes will appear

What else can you do other than complain/protest?

How much you are willing to sacrifice, is determined by your effort. How important is the issue to you? If it's that big, you'll always find more ways to get to the end goal no matter what. That's what [red pills] are all about. If complaining doesn't work, and protesting doesn't work, and you can't think of anything left to do, try changing the world around by changing the way you think about it. Wishing murder upon someone is never a good thing. That's all i'm saying.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I never said I was anti death penalty I am for the death penalty when it comes to murder and rape.

There are plenty of people who are against the government approved killing of their citizens and I get it even though I don't agree but when scum kill scum I think most people can live with that.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

We have been complaining about lenient prison sentences in the UK for years....no one listens.

Not quite true. We've been complaining about fairer sentencing! Pot smokers getting ten years while crooks (bankers) who steal peoples homes and livelihoods walk free is what we're complaining about!

So true, and on the money. Who knows if this story is even real. It sure got the murderous response it was looking for tho...

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Pot smokers don't get ten years in this country, maybe a grower or supplier.

I completely agree with what you say about 'fairer sentencing', a very good point, I was about to go down the too lenient route until I took a second to think about what you said.

Good pictures from your link by the way. Really enjoyed them.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshireman

Pot smokers don't get ten years in this country, maybe a grower or supplier.

I completely agree with what you say about 'fairer sentencing', a very good point, I was about to go down the too lenient route until I took a second to think about what you said.

Good pictures from your link by the way. Really enjoyed them.

I think the maximum penalty is fourteen years?

The pictures. Thanks

I have more that I'll be uploading soon. Make a post in the thread if you want to be notified when I post them.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

I never said I was anti death penalty I am for the death penalty when it comes to murder and rape.

There are plenty of people who are against the government approved killing of their citizens and I get it even though I don't agree but when scum kill scum I think most people can live with that.

Sorry for the confusion, I was referring to crazyewok who said they were anti-death penalty. Scum who get an easy out like death are fortunate in my opinion. I don't care who takes them out. Time in prison for life ain't no picnic. Complaining about how easy they'll have it in jail isn't going to get the bosses to make jailtime harder either. Organizing, demonstrating, finding people who think the same as you about it...it's a full time job, and it takes your down time too, otherwise, you're just half-assing it.

Bottom line, I don't think prison justice is any kind of justice at all. We have to make the system bend to us, otherwise we're to blame.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

So true, and on the money. Who knows if this story is even real. It sure got the murderous response it was looking for tho...

I got seriously balled out in another thread for saying much the same as you, they even suggested I was "mentally disturbed" for not wanting to kill someone! Such is the power of the press.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I will do cheers.

For supply and production its 14 years. Possession is five years. You'd have to be a repeat offender to go to prison for cannabis possession here, and by repeat I dare say you'd have to get caught with it twenty or more times before doing any time.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

What is the ideal system you seem to have ? Pls share !
Earlier England sent criminals ( and supposed criminals ) to Australia .. what do you suggest ?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I think one of the major issues inhibiting real progress in the world is hypocrisy. If we've reached the period of history where only mentally ill people don't want to kill, then uh, well, kill me now...

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

what you expect?

Someone kills a baby and they get to walk after 4 years when a pot smoker or tax evaders gets more!

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

What is the ideal system you seem to have ? Pls share !
Earlier England sent criminals ( and supposed criminals ) to Australia .. what do you suggest ?

I suggest the state utilize the death penalty for those who fit a specific criteria, ie any adult who perpetrates a crime against a child; among other things. I suggest more stringent prison regulations so convicts know they're doing time, and are fully conscious of how much it sucks.

Unfortunately, until the huge middle class 'wake up', for lack of a better description, nothing will get done. We aren't the 99%, clearly. We, as in seekers after truth, I mean. Until these things become 'relevant/pertinent' to the middle class, we're just shouting to the wind. But there it is. State sponsored death penalty meeting specific criteria, and tougher jail time, longer sentences.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

If complaining doesn't work, and protesting doesn't work, and you can't think of anything left to do, try changing the world around by changing the way you think about it.

So what give up and accept killings not such a bad thing and worthy of only a couple of years in Prison?

Accept that government knows best?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

what you expect?

Someone kills a baby and they get to walk after 4 years when a pot smoker or tax evaders gets more!

What do I expect? Rationality. I don't want to turn into one of them by harbouring similar thought patterns.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

If complaining doesn't work, and protesting doesn't work, and you can't think of anything left to do, try changing the world around by changing the way you think about it.

So what give up and accept killings not such a bad thing and worthy of only a couple of years in Prison?

Accept that government knows best?

Accept it, or do something about it. Never quit. You can't be outraged that someone murdered someone else, and then wish murder upon that murderer. It's a flawed system, and needs revision.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

what you expect?

What do I expect? Rationality. I don't want to turn into one of them by harbouring similar thought patterns.

So now thinking is a crime now? what I should be arrested for my thoughts?

Sorry but this sentence is not rational. So one should be forgiven for non "rational thought".

I would not kill him.

But if a he dies in prison? Dont expect me to shed a tear.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I suggest the state utilize the death penalty for those who fit a specific criteria, ie any adult who perpetrates a crime against a child; among other things.

Ah! You've hit on why I dont like the death penalty. The children!

In the case presented by OP. The guy killed the child while suffering a loss of control.
What if the guy has other older children. Children who the father has never hurt. Children who worship the ground their father walks on. Children he thinks the world off.

When we sentence that guy to death we inflict the worst punishment possible onto those children. How do we tell those children - "Sorry kids, but today we're going to kill daddy"

Your thoughts?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join