It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK: 8 years for killng a baby, that right only 8 years.....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I agree, he should have received more time. Clearly, there is a problem there. But we are supposed to be a civilized world, civilized people. Where will you draw the line, judging who should live and who should die, and in what manner they should die? I agree, he's a scumbag who probably should die, but those decisions are left to people who are more qualified than we are, whether we like their decisions or not. If we have a problem with outcomes, we don't take it up with prison vigilantes, we take it up with the officals who are in a position to do something just about it. I can guarantee you, this guy won't be playing video games in prison. It won't be a pleasant experience. Losing your freedom to play video games[and whatever else one does in one's free time] isn't. Wishing murder upon someone for whatever reason you can think of, makes you barbaric. Again, just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: November5

So what would you do to murderers? coddle them. Give them a free pass? Give them a hug and tell them its all forgiven?

While I'd like a few minutes alone with the guy who did this.....

We have to remember there's a difference between murder and accidental killing! Thats why he got eight years instead of life.
I'm not defending the ahole! Just pointing out that he didn't set out to kill the child.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

"an eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind"

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

So what would you do to murderers? coddle them. Give them a free pass? Give them a hug and tell them its all forgiven?

While I'd like a few minutes alone with the guy who did this.....

We have to remember there's a difference between murder and accidental killing! Thats why he got eight years instead of life.
I'm not defending the ahole! Just pointing out that he didn't set out to kill the child.

No but he set out to hurt her. Its still death resulting from a willful act of violence . Hardly a "accident"..... Not something a decent person would do.

Unintentional killing but certainly not accidental.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

So your happy to see him walk out of prison after 4 years on parole?

Im anti DP but justice was NOT done here in any shape or form.
edit on 9-7-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: November5
Wishing murder upon someone for whatever reason you can think of, makes you barbaric. Again, just my opinion.

I've had this discussion many times on ats. Be prepared to be flamed

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

You're responding emotionally. If those are the choices, then clearly, no. Suggesting these things isn't the opposite effect of what you're talking about. All or nothing is the name for that sort of reasoning. I don't disagree with your sentiment, however, I don't think we need to encourage scumbags in prison, to clean up the mess of the outside world. Hate the guy all you want, but if you don't approach the officials [letters, protests, etc]...wishing murder on someone, makes you a kind of murderer. You just don't [pull the trigger] yourself.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Fair, you can actually find me saying that many a times on this site.

But I also believe in karma and I think prison justice is a part of that.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Clearly that sentence doesn't have any favor with me. I think baby killers should be in jail for the rest of their lives. No parole. You say you're anti-death penalty, but not for this guy? I don't follow...

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

We have been complaining about lenient prison sentences in the UK for years....no one listens.

If vigilante justice appears its the fault now of the government to act on what people are demanding.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Clearly that sentence doesn't have any favor with me. I think baby killers should be in jail for the rest of their lives. No parole. You say you're anti-death penalty, but not for this guy? I don't follow...

NO justice was done.

If REAL proper justice was done and he got life I would not be so angry.

But the courts screwed up and dropped the ball.

Someone needs to clean that mistake up.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Too short sentence.. every life should have more value than this poor baby had. What a pathetic excuse for a man !
Some people should be sterilized.
edit on 9-7-2014 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Unintentional killing but certainly not accidental.

And thats why the court gave that sentence.

As I said, I'd like some time with that person, but we dont know everything that took place, we only know what the msm have told us, and we all know how they strive to get us all going for each others throats, its what they do best! They're so good at it they'll convince us we ought to start killing each other!

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

And thats why the court gave that sentence.

And it far to short for a willful act of violence that resulted in a innocent death.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

He still is anti death penalty, the courts did not sentence him to death but whatever happens in prison is done by the inmates not the government.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

By that logic, you would accept a 'metric-equivalent' sort of 'prison-justice' on the streets, no? You're saying that prison justice is beneficial in some way? It's ok for people with mental problems, to engage their mental problems on our behalf, when we fail ourselves by not holding our officials responsible...?

We have been complaining about lenient prison sentences in the UK for years....no one listens.

Do you suppose then that maybe complaining isn't enough?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Prisons are expencive, somehow this doesn´t surprice me as they give only couple months sentences to rapist and they might not serve at all. Intresting point if the criminal act is against govermental and economical system sentences are much longer. Those who should keep us safe only keep themselves safe.. disturbing

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Exactly. It just random chance if he buys it in prison.

Being branded a child killer marks you in prison, and getting a short sentence? The courts may have well put a gun to his head and pulled the trigger.

If he had been given a proper sentence in a Cat A prison he may have a chance.

But now?

General pop will want to kill him for being a child killer and special protection the inmates there will hate him for getting such a short sentence.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Unfortunately British prisons are nothing like in the US. He will do easy time, probably kept in isolation because of his crime. If he were put in general population then yeah he's trouble, lag's wont put up with # like him.

Prisons in this country are well known for being easy...two man cells, TV's and games consoles in cells (I've heard ex con's moaning that they only had ps3's) good food, all kinds of courses and qualification available, which out on civvy street would cost a fortune to do.

If your sentenced your time is automatically halved for the vast majority of crimes, and don't get me started on some of the sentences the courts hand out!

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

So, being anti-death penalty, it's not ok for the justice system to kill people, but it is ok for prison inmates to kill those we wish our officials would kill? Am I crazy?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join