It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal alien surge.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: VforVendettea

I would give my left arm to see you dropped smack dab in the middle of Mexico, or hell wherever brown people live.

You will always be miserable, and there is not a damn thing you can do about it.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
Why is it some parents have thousands of dollars to get their children smuggled through the Rio Grande by polleros.

My Friend, Other than the fact you see them lined up at the banks there in the supermarkets buying money orders and sending their money back home.
I also won't be surprised if in six month to a year we learn that our own tax dollars paid for many plane tickets for these unaccompanied Children and pregnant teens.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

For a country that came into existence through gradual invasion, it's a bit rich for some Americans to cry "foul" because immigrants are crossing the border.
What goes around comes around.

Ugh... I hate this analogy. Yes we are a nation of immigrants, but NO ONE is saying that these people can't immigrate here, legally. We have laws that allow them to come here, settle, and become a natural citizen without ANY problems. But these people BROKE THE LAW. Why is this so hard to understand for so many people?

Do you think Native American Indians where HAPPY when The Europeans arrived on their lands? I would imagine that the majority that are crossing the border now are of European origin.
People who live in glass houses etc etc

I repeat. What goes around comes around.

I didn't live at that time, so don't place that at my feet. I don't accept blame for the actions of people of the past.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
This is not true. Many choose to immigrate illegally because they don't stand a chance the legal way.

That's why I said we need to revamp our legal immigration system. But what you said doesn't change the fact that there ARE people trying to immigrate here legally that have been stuck in the system for YEARS.

This is true but the same law states that they have a right to a hearing before an immigration judge to try and prove that a special circumstance applies to them.

Which shouldn't be the case. I don't get a hearing for special special circumstances if I'm arrested for shoplifting. These people aren't even citizens, why do they get special treatment when I can't even get a similar thing for crimes that I commit? It's hypocrisy and that is my entire point.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   

For a country that came into existence through gradual invasion, it's a bit rich for some Americans to cry "foul" because immigrants are crossing the border.

Ugh... I hate this analogy. Yes we are a nation of immigrants, but NO ONE is saying that these people can't immigrate here, legally. We have laws that allow them to come here, settle, and become a natural citizen without ANY problems. But these people BROKE THE LAW. Why is this so hard to understand for so many people?

Do you think Native American Indians where HAPPY when The Europeans arrived on their lands? I would imagine that the majority that are crossing the border now are of European origin.

I didn't live at that time, so don't place that at my feet. I don't accept blame for the actions of people of the past.

None of us were alive over 200 years ago and have nothing to do with what happened then. They always tell Europeans to go back home. Most immigrants are of mixed heritage and can't exactly split themselves in two or three and send parts to other Countries. Most pro illegal people want to remove all US citizens from our own Country. Like that's going to happen. LOL

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
People keep thinking it's mostly just kids coming here. Look at all the videos and pictures that have come out. There are kids, older teens, men and women.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   

That's why I said we need to revamp our legal immigration system. But what you said doesn't change the fact that there ARE people trying to immigrate here legally that have been stuck in the system for YEARS.

Of course not, it wasn't meant to do that. It was meant to point out that the system in place does not necessarily offer a chance to "become a natural citizen without ANY problems", which is what you stated.

Which shouldn't be the case. I don't get a hearing for special special circumstances if I'm arrested for shoplifting. These people aren't even citizens, why do they get special treatment when I can't even get a similar thing for crimes that I commit? It's hypocrisy and that is my entire point.

People seem to have a hard time understanding how the law classifies being illegal. It isn't a crime. People can think of it anyway they want but the system does not recognize it as such.

Also, it is the law on the books, so people saying they want the law upheld must understand that a hearing to plead their case is also part of that law. I'm not saying that it's good or bad, right or wrong, just that those are the facts and that is why things are handled that way.
edit on 10-7-2014 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I know; it's the same sorry argument as the white guilt argument. That because of slavery, I should feel bad for black people because I'm white. Both arguments are dumb rhetoric to get me to provide preferential treatment to a group of people who also didn't live at the time that particular group was persecuted. It has no baring on the actions of today. Were those actions bad? Yes, certainly, but that doesn't mean your particular group deserves anything special for it. The only people who deserve the special treatment, are the ones who ACTUALLY suffered and they are all dead.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

And that's why our immigration system is f#ed.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Somewhat hypocritical of you old chap.

You seem to want to lay the faults of the past on what now happens in the present as your following thread implies:-

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You can't have it both ways ( although you seem to want to)
edit on 10-7-2014 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Um... That thread is just a historic thread trying to inform people about the previous federal reserve style banks. It isn't laying blame on the people of the past. The intention of that thread is to educate people about those banks, how they came to be, and that they parallel what goes on with the current Federal Reserve. You missed the entire point of that thread. You are confusing a history lesson with laying blame.
edit on 10-7-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

a reply to: alldaylong

Um... That thread is just a historic thread trying to inform people about the previous federal reserve style banks. It isn't laying blame on the people of the past. The intention of that thread is to educate people about those banks, how they came to be, and that they parallel what goes on with the current Federal Reserve. You missed the entire point of that thread. You are confusing a history lesson with laying blame.

That's your point of view.
I have my own.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

That seems to be at odds with the statement that I originally responded to.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

That seems to be at odds with the statement that I originally responded to.

Why do you say that? I've been saying since the beginning that we need to overhaul our legal immigration system to help the people waiting in line to come here legally. I don't care one bit about the people who came here illegally, they should get a one way trip out of the country. Let them go through the legal channels. Let them get in the back of the line.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Why do you say that?

To say the legal channels need fixing and then suggest that those same legal channels "allow them to come here, settle, and become a natural citizen without ANY problems" seems contradictory to me.

Legislators keep legal immigration difficult to attain and at the same time put in place loopholes to enable illegal immigration. Seems to be in line with someones specs.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Poppcocked

That would be Lynwood, South gate, Huntington park Bell, pick any number of once nice neighborhoods turned into a ghetto, you can be poor and still have pride in your neighborhood, they don't.
They come here and turn it into the same type of hellhole they claim that are trying to leave. They want the white picket fence but they won't pay for it, if given it they won't care for it, If you call them on it they call you a racist.

These are the worst of the worst. If they had 'any' skills to offer they would have found a job back home.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Why do you say that?

To say the legal channels need fixing and then suggest that those same legal channels "allow them to come here, settle, and become a natural citizen without ANY problems" seems contradictory to me.

No what I am saying is that there already exists legal channels to gain legal immigration rights, they are currently flawed, but there are already MANY people waiting in line through those legal channels. They should have priority over anyone trying to skip that process altogether to gain entry into the country. Regardless of the flawedness of the whole thing.

By giving preference to these illegals, we are basically telling foreigners to F our legal channels and just hop the border, we'll legalize you anyways. It undermines the whole system.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
Yes, by design.

May be exactly the message "we" wants to get across.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t Sounds like the workings of two different sets of law makers and the way for one side to stop immagration was to clog up those legal channels in order to stop immagration without saying that was the goal. So the other side proimmagrant has passed laws to let them come illegally. It would be nice to get those legal channels moving but they do not wnat anyone coming here even though people are leaving. It is a mess but i think there are bigger forces than gov. behind this child exodus.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

The cartels charge $7,000 to $8,000 per child to take them across Mexico to the U.S. border. Do the math: moving 40,000 immigrant youth north nets them from $280 million to $320 million—in cash, and upfront. Why are they able to get so many youth north? They literally own vast sections of Mexico, and they have their own protected routes.www.americamagazine.org...

Those figures are totally wrong, coyotes charge thousands of dollars only when they leave you after immigration checkpoints which is not the case in discussion, for just crossing thru the river the charge is around 300-400 or you can do it for yourself for free if you happen to be a good swimmer, most people crossing Mexico from Central America are also doing it for free using freight trains, it is well documented just google The Beast Train.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join