Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

President Obama Turns Down Pot at Denver Bar (Video included)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Like a past president, he could have just taken a hit but not inhale

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

Actually he already addressed that sound bite during his 2008 election campaign. He admitted to not only smoking it but inhaling it. He made that exact distinction.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Because it's not illegal in Colorado and why start # like that. States rights has always been in delicate balance with federal law. o reply to: Catacomb

edit on PM000000310000000772800312014-07-09T12:00:44-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
This highlights one of the major problems we have with politics and the media these days. The president declining to take a hit off a doobie will get more people's attention than anything he does while in the WH.

Politicians have become reality TV stars mixed with a little WWF. Celebrity and drama.

Who cares what he did or did not do at a the bar? What I'd like to know is what he did at work the next morning.

Preach, brother. Standing ovation.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Catacomb
As a federal official, why did he not report the man to federal law enforcement? Well, we all really know the answer, but just saying....

We don't know the answer, in fact. I'm curious what you think it is...

Anyway, that was cool. That guy that offered had some huevos. It's good to see such a casual attitude about these things.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

President Obama Turns Down Pot at Denver Bar

I would have been seriously surprised if he had accepted and toke'd.
He's a dealer in hope-ium ... not a public partaker in 'substances' anymore.
When he gets out of office, that could easily change back ....

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype
Unless as a result of having strayed so far from constitutional control the PC wave gets stepped on by some Republicrat Nazi who will find these NEW FOUND presidential escapades a useful tool. And the pendulum then swings into a McCarthyist mess.

edit on 9-7-2014 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I'll say what I've said before. I didn't vote for him either time and still have a difficult time understanding how anyone could. But I could hang with the guy shooting pool and drinking beer. I dislike his politics but still think he's a decent sort.

For disclosure, there isn't a single friend I have I'd vote for as president. And not only a few I completely disagree with politically.

He's the first president we've had since maybe Harry Truman I think I could hang out with comfortably.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian
Wow! Can you imagine an atheist president that smokes a joint in public? The right wing would forget all about Benghazi and they would really scream for impeachment. Seriously though, the biggest force fighting MJ is Big Pharma. Who needs Oxycontin when you have MJ? Someday MJ will be as accepted and welcome as Mary Jane from "Gilligan's Island".

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diderot
Someday MJ will be as accepted and welcome as Mary Jane from "Gilligan's Island".

Mary Ann. Sheesh.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright
You're right.
That's what I get for not googling.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Why would he turn it down? Many different reasons, most political but think about it. He's probably got the most Primo stuff.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: skalla
a reply to: LeatherNLace

Bleh, he totally missed a prime opportunity to say "your gear is s---, man - here, try some of mine. And btw, learn to roll"

Seeing some of the crap spouted about him, how much worse can it get?

close. But i hear he smokes crack. And from what i understand pot would kill his high.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Why would he turn it down? Many different reasons, most political but think about it. He's probably got the most Primo stuff.

I doubt it. He probably doesn't smoke at all anymore. I know he did in his youth, but don't most people try things when they're in college? I know there's a lot of things I did then that I don't do anymore. And you think Michelle would be OK with it? I can't see it.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: manna2
But i hear he smokes crack.

Yeah, I heard he's a gay Muslim, too. Don't believe everything you hear.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
And you think Michelle would be OK with it? I can't see it.

There is that. She'd probably beat the snot out of him. Once he's out of office, that's another story all together. Much more freedom. But while in office ... yeah ... I bet she's nail him to the floor.
edit on 7/10/2014 by FlyersFan because: spelling. I'm not awake yet ...

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I actually didn't mean that she'd physically assault him, but I do think she'd have a big problem with it. That kind of thing happens in a marriage.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
No .. not literally nail him to the floor.
I thought the humor was apparent.
She's a tough woman. I think she runs the ship there ...

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: manna2
But i hear he smokes crack.

Yeah, I heard he's a gay Muslim, too. Don't believe everything you hear.

I thought he was a Zionist Muslim

As for the topic?

Well All of congress should be on MJ hell they should pump it through the air con in capitol hill. May make them more mellow, less war like and more easier to cooperate with each other

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
i'm surprised he didn't start singing,
pass the dutchie from the left hand side.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join