President Obama Turns Down Pot at Denver Bar (Video included)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I'm posting this because it seems surreal that the US has finally gotten to the point where one can partake in, and offer up to the POTUS, a bit of MJ. At any time in the past, the patron in the vidoe would have been arrested on the spot. Not this time. Watch the video below as Obama smiles and laughs off the offer. PRICELESS!!!!

President Obama was a hit with the bar crowd in Denver.

Obama was offered marijuana joint when he was greeted by Colorado locals during his night out on the town at the Wazee Supper Club and later at the Wynkoop Brewing Company.

“You wanna hit man?” one customer shouted as the President shook hands with fans, according to an Instagram video of the exchange.

Obama laughed off the offer and didn’t imbibe, opting instead for pizza followed by a beer and game of pool with Democratic Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper.

www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Keep in mind that it is still VERY illegal on the federal level. If Obama would have smoked it, he would have violated federal law and as a federal officer that would be a HUGE no-no.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Keep in mind that it is still VERY illegal on the federal level. If Obama would have smoked it, he would have violated federal law and as a federal officer that would be a HUGE no-no.

As a federal official, why did he not report the man to federal law enforcement? Well, we all really know the answer, but just saying....

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Since when did the rules apply to Obama?

He totally should've done it, people would have been having kittens!

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Catacomb

As a federal official, why did he not report the man to federal law enforcement? Well, we all really know the answer, but just saying....

We do?
erm...hmm...Because..Obamacare?
lol

____

Amusing vid, and progress in general. I wonder once its legal in all 50, the photo op with a beer will eventually also include a bit of a puff.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Catacomb

Better yet, why would Obama need to report the guy? I mean, there were certainly plenty of federal agents on site when the offer was made. Is it not THEIR job to do the arresting?

That's not the point though. The point is that the attitude towards MJ has shifted significantly in the past few years. This should be a state's rights issue; not a federal one. Besides, as POTUS, Obama is tasked with prioritizing the limited resources of the DOJ. There are bigger fish to fry than a recreational user....Like violent, murderous drug lords.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Catacomb

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Well as a politician I'm sure the reason he didn't do that was because it would look bad politically for him. Last thing he wants to do while trying to do face time with the public is piss them off. If he had arrested that person, he'd have to have everyone else in the vicinity arrested who was partaking and I'm sure that whatever public sympathy he was trying to garner at that event would evaporate as soon as he did that. We all know that Obama seems to be in permanent campaign mode.

But barring that, he also seems to be the most lax ever on shutting down marijuana dispensaries and hasn't made a stance on Washington nor Colorado (and soon to be others like Alaska) on the states legalizing it. This in my opinion is one of the few good things I think he is doing (though I wish he'd come out in favor of it, but his spinelessness is getting in the way) since while he goes undecided, he is leaving the flood gates open. As more and more marijuana legalization efforts succeed across the different states, it will become harder and harder for the next president, if he is against marijuana being legal, to close them and reverse the tide. Granted if the next president is against marijuana legalization, that will begin to hurt him majorly in the polls, but you never know.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace
a reply to: Catacomb

Besides, as POTUS, Obama is tasked with prioritizing the limited resources of the DOJ. There are bigger fish to fry than a recreational user....Like violent, murderous drug lords.

Nah, they'd never arrest their own agents.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Progress!!!!!!

Love it. Its not the fact he shrugs it off, its just so refreshing that the laws ARE being changed and respected in regards to drugs that a perfectly law abiding citizen can actually say that and to the pres no less.

I simply cant imagine how many people are now NOT going to jail (at the tax payers expense) for the petty crime of burning a plant, which, even when it was illegal, they would have done anyway.

+1 obama, nice to see somthing that doesnt just irritate me about him. Even if it is about weed, which im not a particular fan of legally or for its use.

edit on b41411125 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: LeatherNLace

Keep in mind that marijuana is still a schedule 1 drug in the eyes of the feds, but they have recently decided to reevaluate this classification.

ATS Thread - FDA To Evaluate Marijuana For Potential Reclassification As Less Dangerous Drug

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I wish that I was in that bar in Denver.

What was he thinking!!

Coulda been a good move, imo.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I so sick of the its "federal" law dogma. I don't know the "feds" an don't like them. I am a ADULT with a brain. I don't need any letter agency telling me what I can and can't do. We are dumb for allowing these type of people to "lead" this country in the first place. If you want change, and "they" say no, get rid of them.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The President partaking would have been right up there with a sitting president admitting that he was an atheist.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Bleh, he totally missed a prime opportunity to say "your gear is s---, man - here, try some of mine. And btw, learn to roll"

Seeing some of the crap spouted about him, how much worse can it get?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to: Krazysh0t
No worries, he is so far above the law his head is in the clouds already. No need for a toke.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
The President partaking would have been right up there with a sitting president admitting that he was an atheist.

Which is dumb, both are dumb.

Are there not bigger issues at hand?

Yet so many would have a freakin conniption fit if either took place.

Why are all so busy judging others over the most minor and senseless issues?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Good call, Mr. President. Don't mix weed with hopium. Before you know it, you'll be saying things like, "If you like your privacy, you can keep it."

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
If he would have partook, I would forgive all past transgressions..All of Colorado would of!
Haha - at least for a night. Screw the feds! They stopped their raids in Colorado. They have given up on fighting their senseless war here.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Clearly the real footage was taken out and replaced with CGI.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
This highlights one of the major problems we have with politics and the media these days. The president declining to take a hit off a doobie will get more people's attention than anything he does while in the WH.

Politicians have become reality TV stars mixed with a little WWF. Celebrity and drama.

Who cares what he did or did not do at a the bar? What I'd like to know is what he did at work the next morning.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join