It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq loses control of chemical weapons depot to ISIS militants

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
THATS IT!!! FIRE THE DAMN WRITERS!!! WHOS WRITING THIS DR. SUESS CRAP!!! ISIS? COME ON!!! CHEMICAL WEAPONS? WE DID THAT LAST SEASON!!

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I thought there were no chemical weapons in Iraq??!

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: bitsforbytes

Well, sarin gas is most certainly a WMD so.....

Yes?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
What I find rather telling is how the politics has changed ever since oil production peaked out in Iraq. This was never about WMD's, and it's obvious now that WMD's have been not only confirmed, but taken up by supposed "radical extremists".

If we get into this mess, it'll be at a NET energy loss, which means we're really flipped of how things might end up this round. The best we've given it is 300 men so far. Wondering if it'll become more than that.

The military is demoralized, their families don't want needless wars, and our government won't get real with it's citizens and tell us all why we're really doing these operations in the first place. Political, social, and economic blowback from our decisions. Ouch!

Self-correcting after a little research. They came back out of a slump recently and are now producing more oil than ever! Derpaderp.

Iraq Oil Exports Surge
edit on 9-7-2014 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

I thought the whole fabrication of WMDs in Iraq was a lie and well a fabrication?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: bitsforbytes

the reality is they didnt know or care.

it was a means to deal with a potentially deadly threat. Everyone knows that weather they did or didnt have WMD's, 'we' went in to disarm an unstable force.

Now the fact they in fact DID have wmd's does make everything a bit more reasonable, the fact they didnt remove the ones we didnt find is slightly less forgivable - i dont think theres any argument there.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
To those screaming let's send in the cavalry, remember it didn't go too well the last time... Those US personell died and had their limbs blown off for... nothing... Well worse than nothing actually from their perspective as it created the power vacuum and circumstances that created the present situation... How anyone from the US has any appetite for war amazes me

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

If Iraq was unstable under Saddam, what do you call it now?

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: bitsforbytes

These chemical weapons at the site in ISIS hands are old legacy weapons from the Saddam era. Two bunkers were sealed with concrete during the 1990s under UN supervision.

Iraq signed the Chemical Weapons Convention in 2009, declared the WMD, and signed up to a disposal or destruction.

The Iraqi's were preparing a plan for the destruction of Al Muthanna Bunkers.

Link

See following link for background info.

Link

The Iraq Survey Group also visited the Al Muthanna complex and made a report.

Link

edit on 11/7/2014 by tommyjo because: malformed link corrected

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join