It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air New Zealand takes delivery of the first 787-9

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
With much fan fair, Air New Zealnd took delivery of the first production 787-9 yesterday at Boeing's Everett plant.

The 787-9 is the stretched version of the the 787 at 206ft. Looks pretty nice inside too.

I like the black look but it needs to be flat black in my opinion.

www.smh.com.au...

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
WOW! Impressive.

Such a graceful giant! Those engines are just insane 0.o If only i could afford one of the "fancy" seats onboard hehehe

While its not anything like as big as the 777 - the fuel efficiency is very very impressive - will that mean cheaper tickets? I highly doubt it

edit on b1919942 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

Yes, it is an impressive machine. What amazes me. (while I haven't seen one up close yet) is how quiet the engines sound when ever I see it on video flying by. At least quieter than most jets seam to be.

edit on 9-7-2014 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sammamishman
a reply to: Biigs

Yes, it is an impressive machine. What amazes me. (while I haven't seen one up close yet) is how quiet the engines sound when ever I see it on video flying by. At least quieter than most jets seam to be.

Yup, reducing the noise (and on board vibration) was one of the top goals along with fuel efficiency.

The new premium economy seats look rather nice too, about time we all got a little more room

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Just wait until it gets photographed making "chemtrails" - then there really will be evidence that they are made by black planes!!

Disclaimer - I've worked for Air NZ on a couple of occasions for a decade or so in total.....

top topics

join