It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

40 Percent in U.S. Use Prescription Drugs - and you will die Waco style if you dont!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   

More than 40 percent of Americans take at least one prescription drug and one-in-six takes at least three, the government reported Thursday. Drugs

Americans, at least 3 in my family of 6 are taking perscription drugs for mental health...How many take drugs in your family...When I was in Germany the percentage seemed much lower...And in China it is definately a fraction, as low as maybe 10 percent but I have no data to back this up, but remember China has a long tradition of Chiense Traditional therapy and medicine, which most of the country relies up in the suburban/rural areas which make up over seventy percent of the population.

Question: Why is America being drugged so much?

Is it because American is ithe most advanced and powerful nation that the people need to be subdued so that their country can be taken over without any opposition other than the 'crazies' that will all get massacred waco style?

edit: quote was capitalized and didn't work..bb code malfunction

[edit on 2-12-2004 by 00PS]

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I don't get the 'Waco style' in your headline but the news article points to 40% taking prescription drugs. I know people that take 4-6 just by themselves. Two things wrong with the news report-

1 its from the CDC and they have provably been asleep at the wheel,
2 where's the statements on the multiple users?

There needs to be some addition as well for those that take non-prescription drugs. This I'll bet is close to 100%. Would caffeine and nicotine count? How about herbs?

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I would assume it's directly linked to our desire for more of this...more of that...

You want to be happy with yourself without changing anything? Well take two of these and call me in the morning...

We live in a society where money is less of an issue and happiness is only a tummy-tuck away....so if taking 10 pills a day for all your ailments seems too radical, then your simply not maintstream enough yet

I kid....But seriously - The fact is, a doctor's office gets discounts, commision and tons of free crap from drug reps to SELL drugs to Americans so they can keep their wallets nice and fat...If you ask your doctor about a certain medication and if it's right for you - chances are they'll say, well hey - try it out - lemme know what it does for ya....

I'm generalizing here - I go to a doctor that cares a lill more than that, but for most Americans, that's how they get sucked in to taking one pill for x, two pills for y, 1/2 pill every Tuesday for z....And oh...oops...two months later....We forgot to tell everyone, this pill causes cancer, impotence, addiction, and may make you go blind in the next few weeks....

[edit on 12/2/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Of course you know I need to chime in on everything drug related.

Why do Americans take so many drugs? Because of vast majority of Americans are obsessed with the 'quick-fix' solution to every problem. Here most of us live in a high paced enviornment that if one doesn't keep up, then they are left behind and lose out. Medicating takes less time then excorcize and less effort then looking for alternative or herbal remadies. I can't even tell you how many times people ask me about a medication that they are taking and don't even know what the medication is. Personally if someone is injecting me with a syringe, I sure as hell want to know what is in it. But that is really a whole different argument on people being far too trusting to anyone with a white coat on.

Like everything else in corporate America, we are brainwashed by the media and advertizements to believe that every little problem can be fixed with a few pills. Of course this is not the case because eveyone should realize that all of the major drugs are 'maintanace' drugs that you need to stay on for the rest of your life which is what the drug companies want as it makes them more money.

If you do not feel comfortable at parties, then perhaps you shouldn't go to parties instead of taking drugs for the rest of your life. That is not to say that social anzxity disorders can not grow to be a serious problem, but when you get drugged up for mild problems or headaches every time something is wrong, you are going to build up a tolerance very fast and possibly even become dependent on those medications.

Hope that helps to answer some stuff.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Its also proven that the americans have the highest demand on psychologist..it means a lot to me

top topics

join