It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck Wants Us To 'Open Our Hearts' To The Illegal Aliens Being Detained...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I'm not sure that this has been posted already, if it has, this should be removed.

The Blaze

Breitbart

He's going to bring truckloads of soccer balls, and teddy bears to the centers.

I have no problem with being compassionate to the children that are being detained, but that doesn't mean the borders need to be opened up, and I'm not so sure that that is what he's saying either.

While reading the article (the Blaze one), I couldn't help but think that Beck has another motive.

Maybe he's doing this publicly in order to gain access to the places these kids are being held, since other non-Dem reps have refused such access.

I'm not defending Beck, it's just a thought. Besides, the children aren't the ones making conscious decisions to cross the border, their parents are the ones sending them.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Sometimes when ATS is slow, I'll wander over to his site and have a look at what's going on in the comments section.

Recently, I've seen something I never saw before: Suspended users.

I guess it's like he says in the OP's source ... his own fan base is starting to hate on him. He'll be trying to lock down a membership here if all of his sycophants desert his site.

The ego of Beck is comparable only to that of AJ. I'm sure he knows who shot JFK and why, what came down in Roswell and who snuck off with it, and every mistake written in the Bible.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Now, I may be giving him more credit than he 's due, but couldn't this act simply be Beck, and Mike Lee's 'Trojan Horse' to get into the detainment camps?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos
Now, I may be giving him more credit than he 's due, but couldn't this act simply be Beck, and Mike Lee's 'Trojan Horse' to get into the detainment camps?

nope, Glenn Beck...I'll say again can #$#% himself

*He can do it politely by shutting up
edit on 9-7-2014 by KnowledgeSeeker81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: KnowledgeSeeker81

I get that. Usually when I notice articles involving him, or one of his tear-filled outbursts, I roll my eyes, and read something else.

This one just struck as odd, considering that Reps of a certain party have been allowed inside, while others have been turned away.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
normally the term "open your hearts" is code speak for "open your wallets". which is exactly what should not be done, if anyone wants to try to end the problem and not make it worse.

this sounds rather callous and well it is, but sometimes you just need to harden your heart to do what needs to be done. we should not be pampering these kids at all, that will only encourage others once they hear that by illegally crossing into the US they will reap the reward of living far better than they would at home. which will only make things worse. they should only be fed a bland diet that will keep them alive. they should not be given things like toys,tv's or anything, they can just sit around and make do with nothing. let them live in tents encased by barbed wire, with little contact with the outside. do this for a few months then ship them right back, in the case where it can not be verified what country they come from, ship them back to where they entered from (Mexico) and let them deal with them (and come to the realization they need to control their borders). in short they are not and should not be the problem of the US. in the case they were supposed to meet up with people already in the US, investigate it. then unless they either knew nothing about it, or if they did they did everything they could to stop them from coming, then deport them as well, having them pay the costs of caring for these kids while here and all their transport home, (up to even selling all their possessions to pay every dime they can of the costs). on top of that they should take DNA from all of them and inform them that they are NEVER welcome to ever come back for any reason. make sure to document all this and make sure it gets distributed to those countries involved so the people there will understand not to do it again. let these kids and supporting adults spread the word that it is not something they want to do. that they will not live better but instead be treated as the criminals they are, and that it will not be tolerated.

adversely if you are concerned because they are kids, then keep them, (charging their countries, with Mexico picking up the slack for their upkeep, upon pain of sanctions against trade), until they reach the age of 18, then send them back. but keeping the rest of what i said intact, especially the no frills for them. give them a basic education the same as their home country's standards. and at the same time count them as if they came legally (every year they are still in the country), in regards to the allowed numbers of immigrants let in from their countries each year. that should cause those wanting and waiting to work to stop the problems at their end, since until these kids return home no one else will be allowed in.

yes it is harsh, but remember it is their fault for causing the problem in the first place. and unfortunately unless things are harsh, the problem will not go away, and just get worse.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: generik

I have no problem with that outlook.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   

a reply to: KnowledgeSeeker81

I get that. Usually when I notice articles involving him, or one of his tear-filled outbursts, I roll my eyes, and read something else.

This one just struck as odd, considering that Reps of a certain party have been allowed inside, while others have been turned away.

so he seeks ratings...do I have to say it again? %$#@ just incase

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
More like using them for political mileage than showing compassion ..
edit on 9/7/14 by Expat888 because: happy hour .. cant spell ..

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

This is cold hard proof.........This scum bag is controlled opposition. He is in fact a progressive scum bag and a puppet for the PTB.

Open your minds people and see the real truth. Do not follow leaders like him. Do not give him money or your mind. Lies,lies,lies. Glen you are a sell out to your country. I have a feeling he reads ATS and I hope he reads this post. You are a sell out traitor. I actually believed in him until I figured out he was holding back.............If it walks like a duck........

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Open your hearts is liberal slang for open your wallets.
And then open it some more.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Americans can't 'open their hearts' because that would require having a heart to begin with.

The last few decades have sucked whatever empathy and caring for others that Americans may have once had right out of them. This is evidenced in the way they treat each other as well as their foreign policy of 'Do what we say or you'll be punished'.

I, for one, am not surprised at the cruel way many Americans wish to treat refugees.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I doubt an armload of soccer balls and teddy bears will get him inside any camp; if it does, then it will show exactly who he is connected to and working for.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties
our "hearts" are open to the world beyond our choice. If i had the "choice" to cut off American funding everywhere? for sure. The world talks so bad of the US, but wait until all of that foreign aid is gone. Wait until the US starts selling crops for gold. I hate my country but i'm not ignorant, the US does a whole freaking bunch for the world.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnowledgeSeeker81

If i had the "choice" to cut off American funding everywhere? for sure. The world talks so bad of the US, but wait until all of that foreign aid is gone. Wait until the US starts selling crops for gold. I hate my country but i'm not ignorant, the US does a whole freaking bunch for the world.

The U.S. uses 'foreign aid' as a method of bullying those receiving nations into letting the US do whatever it wants with their country. Everyone knows this.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

Sooo, you don't want that foreign aid? Sweet.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
Americans can't 'open their hearts' because that would require having a heart to begin with.
I, for one, am not surprised at the cruel way many Americans wish to treat refugees.

I am 60ys old as for as long as I can remember Americans have been more than generous towards refugees. But there comes a time when you have to just say enough is enough.

How can we be helping refugees when we aren't even taking care of our own people here that are hurting. Perhaps you are unaware but we have children right here that were born here that live in deplorable conditions. Families living hand to mouth with not much in the hand to begin with.

If you want to open your heart and your wallet for these children so be it, take them in to your home, feed them, clothe them, provide them with education be my guest. I will always stand behind that you take care of your own first, then if there is anything left you can extend it to those in need.

If we become more crippled in this country we will fall, do you understand that? BTW you come across as a non-American are you from here or are you just another mouth piece for Beck?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
All I will add to this is the man has bought some leeway in my eyes after him and Mercury one showed up in Moore Oklahoma last year in something like less than 24 hours after the F5 tornado leveled a good chunk of the town, with tractor trailers full of supplies and a large check was also donated specifically for adding better shelters in schools.

(on a side note when that happened I realized I will retire in Oklahoma because I have never seen such an outpouring of help and support for a natural disaster in my life, Okies were coming from all directions helping to clear the roads and search through the rubble, and when the TV camera stopped the church groups and other local aid groups stepped up big helping the smaller towns that were devastated, Okies certainly seem to be a breed from a different time when help your neighbor was the rule.)

As for the kids... I to agree they need to be sent home, BUT... they are here right now and there is no reason we should treat them like criminals, if people want to donate and send toys and such that the kids might enjoy while they wait I have zero problem with it.
edit on 9-7-2014 by Irishhaf because: its early havent had my coffee yet

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Maybe he's doing this publicly in order to gain access to the places these kids are being held, since other non-Dem reps have refused such access..

Five years ago I would have said ... yes, that's probably what hes' doing. But now? God only knows. Either he isn't the same person as five years ago OR this is the real 'Glenn Beck' and the candy coating has come off to reveal the gooey center. Seriously .. he's inconsistent now. Either his views have changed or someone got to him ... or something else. I have no idea.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join