It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator claims he was set up by cubans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Dear ATSers,

Here we go again. Another one of our "leaders", Democratic Sen. Robert Menendez says he was setup in a "smear plot" by Cuban intelligence accusing him of having sex with underage prostitutes in the Dominican Republic. A tipster gave evidence to the justice department in 2012, linking Menendez to the crimes.

The New Jersey Democrat told CNN in an exclusive interview on Tuesday that the Justice Department should look at any evidence it may have that he was the subject of a conspiracy by the regime to spread false allegations.

An FBI source claimed that no evidence has been found to support the senators statements. BTW, this guy is the chairman of Senate Foreign Relations Committee. On one hand, these elites are so screwed up in the head, they think they have so much power that they can do whatever they want. As Henry Kissinger famously said "power is the ultimate aphrodisiac".

From his perch as chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Menendez has pushed the Obama administration to hold the line on sanctions against the regime of Raul Castro.

The story continues, as the CIA comes in and says they found evidence of a smear plot from Cubans last night. However, the CIA is overstepping their boundaries.

Such a formal finding by the agency would be unusual -- though not unheard of -- because the FBI, not the CIA, has primary responsibility to investigate foreign intelligence operations against a U.S. government official.

I have found some new info pertaining to this case. In 2008 an undercover FBI agent approached a journalist about info he had, saying the Cubans were trying to fabricate false claims against the senator because of his lobbying against Castro. Maybe he has pissed off some ppl and they want him out of office. Here is some more evidence supporting this.

n November 2012, the conservative political news and opinion website Daily Caller published allegations that Menendez had contact with underage prostitutes in the Dominican Republic.[121][122] The allegations were promoted by Republican Party operatives, who arranged interviews for two women accusing Menendez of patronizing prostitutes.[123] News organizations such as the New York Times, ABC News and the New York Post had declined to publish the allegations, viewing them as unsubstantiated and lacking credibility.[122][123][124]

The FBI investigated the allegations involving prostitution, and found no evidence to substantiate them.[121][125] Subsequently, one of the women who had accused Menendez stated that she had been paid to falsely implicate the Senator, whom she had never met.[123][125] The Daily Caller says this woman was not interviewed for their story.[126] Menendez's office described the allegations as "manufactured" by a "right-wing blog" as a politically motivated smear.[127] On March 18, police in the Dominican Republic announced that three women had acknowledged they had been paid $300–425 each to lie about having had sex with Menendez.[128]

Guilty or a smear plot?
edit on 9-7-2014 by kevinp2300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Guilty as charged.

No plot.

Just another desperado.

But he's not up for re-election until 2018.

He can run interference and be a self-scapegoat.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: kevinp2300

Seems like this guy is guilty to me. What do you all think?

Evidence? Do you have any? Or is it trial by you!

Seems like someone might want him out of this job.

Please remember that sexual misconduct is one of the most used tools in the intel world. I would guess that if he had done these things, the video would be all over the net by now, the Cubans or someone would have seen to that.

He does seem to be on the good books with the CIA though, they must want him to stay.

P

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
A politician with CIA connections porking kids? Never heard of such a thing.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

uncovered some new info
looks like u might have been right. I put the info in my original post

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   
This is one where it's hard to tell.

Either someone, (Cubans, really?) wanted him out of office badly, or he did do it, and paid those girls a hefty sum to retract their statements.
As someone said above, he's not up for reelection for a while, and that's strange because that's usually when these kind of allegations are made.
edit on 9-7-2014 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-7-2014 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Lmao ... is that what they call it these days when get caught with their pants down ?

Used to be they blamed it on the russians ..

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Lmao ... is that what they call it these days when get caught with their pants down ?

I still blame it on the gypsies.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

originally posted by: Expat888

I still blame it on the gypsies.

Guess the terrorists didnt have any virgins to spare .. they sub-contracted the job to the cubans ..
edit on 9/7/14 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888
something tells me this comes back to obama somehow lolll

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: kevinp2300

Obama is 1/16th Cuban. His birth certificate said so.

Or wait.. Wha?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I don't understand what interest Cuba would have in setting up a US Senator. Why would anyone in the US government even need to lobby against Castro? That embargo isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
edit on 7/9/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Idk the answer to that. What I know is this...He is part Cuban. He spoke out against Castro in speeches, claiming human right violations in Cuba. Seems like the Castro family is on edge because of the history between us and them. To get back at Menendez, Raul Castro or his father had Cuban agents pay a couple young teenagers a couple hundred to say Menendez had sex with them and I believe they said that to a news source. It also seems as if Cuba has a mole in the FBI/someone wants Menendez gone in the FBI. Seems as if he will get off the hook because the CIA is currently on his side.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
OK folks, the topic is "Senator claims he was set up by cubans". Please feel free to discuss this topic within the T&C, leaving out suggestive commentary.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

bigfatfurrytexan
Forum Moderator

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan
Oops .. apologies .. tried keeping the humour under control ..

top topics

join