It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3.7 Billion...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Not really stagnating anymore, but I'm willing to take a hit for a stand.

Barely growing may as well be stagnated plus most that growth through quantitative easing so fake growth courtesy of you clown in chief Obama.

But really the main negative is turning Mexico into a worse craphole and making millions more want to up sticks and move into the USA.

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Actually no, 23 billion would be the cost... and you do not need to wall it all. The parts where they would be walking 100 miles in the desert and see nothing is a wall in itself. We got UAVs that can stay up all day on 2 gallons of gas... not really an issue if our government decided to do it.

That would be the cost of a fence. A fence wont do much I mean really these are not apes but smart humans. A fence can be breached and needs to be guarded 24/7. May as well not bother.

A big concrete wall that may help stem (not stop but stem) the tide is where the cost lies.

As for the 100's of miles of desert? UK border has 30-300 miles of ocean between it and the Continent and we still gets swarms of illegals. 100's of desert wont stop them crossing the USA land border. They will adapt.

As for drones? all they can do is watch.

None of that matters as it will just make most go into hiding in vehicles and cross the border in lorrys and trucks. And as the UK has found out you cant check them all without gridlocking the border entry's

Look being from the UK I feel your pain and would love a magic bullet to the problem but you need a mixed approach.

You need to mix punitive and positive measurre.

1)Strict laws and draconian penalty for US citizens that employ illegals
2)Harsh penalty for human traffickers
3)complete zero access to USA welfare and public services for illegals

As for positives

1) Stop the war on drugs. Bleed the cartels of money.
2)Offer Mexico more support in beating back the cartels. They are a worse threat than ME terrorists due to the immigration problem
3) Try ans stimulate the Mexico economy
4)Offer more LEGAL immigration places. Fact is illegals will still come and get through. So better to get them working and taxes and contributing.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Jim stone has some very interesting comments on why this happending

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

1)Strict laws and draconian penalty for US citizens that employ illegals
2)Harsh penalty for human traffickers
3)complete zero access to USA welfare and public services for illegals

I agree with these and the heavy fines for hiring illegals is the big one. Also start a work visa program and we will replace the illegals with legal temp workers.

1) Stop the war on drugs. Bleed the cartels of money.

Make most drugs legal would do it...

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
The money would be better spent going towards Americans. However this administration feels that illegal immigrants are entitled to receive a sizable chunk of tax payer money.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zandril
The money would be better spent going towards Americans. However this administration feels that illegal immigrants are entitled to receive a sizable chunk of tax payer money.

Yup! And many of those tax payers are barely making ends meet. They can barely afford to survive and are helping through their tax dollars to fund illegals.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join