It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3.7 Billion...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I know that the flood of illegal children coming into our country is a hot topic and a major issue, so I want to know how does everyone feel that the President is suggesting we dump 70,000 dollars of tax payers dollars towards each kid that makes their way here? Since it seems that the major issue is Mexico is completely porous to allow these kids to travel 1000s of miles across that nation, I wonder why the President doesn't put an ultimatum on Mexico and the original nation to stop this flood.

I would think something as simple as immediately canceling NAFTA with Mexico and declining any aid to the original country if it doesn't stop would be a good start to put some heat on the countries that are basically letting this happen at freewill would be the better route, or should we just dump 70,000 dollars of aid on every kid that makes their way here?

I kind of wonder if we have poor American kids that might benefit from support such as this, or does it just suck to be poor in America, unless you are an illegal...

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

As I mentioned in another thread, I think what Obama is doing is a "surge" like what was used in Iraq to achieve success. This time, however, I think the surge is a financial one to nip this in the bud. It's a humanitarian issue as well as a national security issue.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   

the same as I feel about the 3billion we give Israel every year. feels like we are getting ripped off.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
It's not all going to the kids, little over a billion is.
Some of it is also going to deporting cost. There is a break down in the other thread. Hit the new tab, should still be there.
It also still need a to pass Congress which is unlikely

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
It doesn't take 3.7 billion dollars to send illegal immigrants back to where they came from.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

I heard southwest has some good deals lately

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: kevinp2300
a reply to: smithjustinb

I heard southwest has some good deals lately

Yeah. Free of charge.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   

There is little point to giving Mexico an ultimatum, most of the people come in with the assistance of human traffickers which is the domain of the cartels. Mexico doesn't really exist as a state anymore, only as a set of borders. The cartels run everything.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Hand em a sack lunch and a gallon jug of water and send em packin back south.
Via gunpoint if needed.
The US simply cannot fix the world and stay afloat.
But I guess some folks already know this..

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: g146541

or give those lunches to the homeless veterans all around america.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

a reply to: g146541

or give those lunches to the homeless veterans all around america.

Not a bad idea, or give those same homeless who would want, an acre of borderland or a few and a rifle.
Let them build their own little settlements away from civilizations if that is what they wish.
Then pay them a tag fee for every insurgent they get!
Give them the opportunity to actually keep the oath that has been destroyed since the war of 1812.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb
It doesn't take 3.7 billion dollars to send illegal immigrants back to where they came from.

How much does it take to run the border patrol then?
You think agents work for free?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

the same as I feel about the 3billion we give Israel every year. feels like we are getting ripped off.

And how, brother!

I know plenty of poor kids at my wifes preschool who need this money more. I know there are many vets out there who could use it. But instead, the pres wants to give it to undeserving illegals. This guy has a corrupt mind and a bankrupt conscience. But then again, all that trash in D.C. is like that. I know.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
As I mentioned in another thread, I think what Obama is doing is a "surge" like what was used in Iraq to achieve success. This time, however, I think the surge is a financial one to nip this in the bud. It's a humanitarian issue as well as a national security issue.

As for the national security issue, Obama isn't going to touch it with a ten foot poll. There is no way he will risk votes for the democratic party, so the majority will just be wasted, which he does well.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
There is little point to giving Mexico an ultimatum, most of the people come in with the assistance of human traffickers which is the domain of the cartels. Mexico doesn't really exist as a state anymore, only as a set of borders. The cartels run everything.

But at least we put some pressure on them, unless you are basically saying we can do nothing about any of this....

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
How much does it take to run the border patrol then?
You think agents work for free?

This is above the cost for border control, unless they plan to start the wall with it.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Hasn't obama watched game of thrones? the wildlings are coming ppl. Time to buil a wall.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Hasn't obama watched game of thrones? the wildlings are coming ppl. Time to buil a wall.

Wow, one more thing to dislike about the man, but ya, the wall could have been done a good while ago and we would not have a 4 billion dollar bill.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

One issue comes to mind but not the only one is human rights. If you put the squeeze on Nations like Mexico and others like you suggest then rest assured that the bad things and poor treatment and even possibly excessive abuse and loss of life would be caused by said Nations pressured by such threats by the US. Obama is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. Either way he takes the heat. I don't think he has handled anything to do with it properly but I also do not think he and others in Government really have a clue what to do either. Everyone is worried about there proverbial arse and political capital more than anything and Obama has made many choices at the expense of political capital already.

Just my own assessment. I have no clear and cut answers either so I cannot be a armchair commando and preach at anyone else on the subject.

edit on 7-9-2014 by Flint2011 because: Typo

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flint2011
One issue comes to mind but not the only one is human rights. If you put the squeeze on Nations like Mexico and others like you suggest then rest assured that the bad things and poor treatment and even possibly excessive abuse and loss of life would be caused by said Nations pressured by such threats by the US. Obama is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

Sucks to be the man at the top...I just want a leader, and at times they got to do things that is best for THEIR country even if it is a damn if you do damn if you don't scenario. There are about 6 billion people in this world that would all love to come to America, but we can not control what other countries do to themselves, just what they do to use, and right now we have our southern countries screwing us over and we are just sitting by doing NOTHING as we suffer from the results. There are like 2 million homeless children in Brazil can their lives get worst? What if all 2 million decided to come here, I guess we can put another 20 billion into the coffer then.... really?

Either way he takes the heat.

That is why he is the President of the United States, but does he really take any heat? He will retire in 2 two years and spend the rest of his life doing lectures and stuff, living in his 20 million dollar house in Hi...geez...

edit on 10-7-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join